Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Kibayasu posted:

I'm going to email that address and see if it's an actual thing.

quote:

Entitled Whining
10:53 AM (3 minutes ago)

to me
You just spent precious seconds of your short time here on Earth writing an email to EntitledWhining@CardsAgainstHumanity.com.

If you are emailing us because you hate the Democratic Party or the Republican party, there’s always the lemon party.

It sure is! Unfortunately it is just an automated response because I was boring and didn't actually type anything out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Lt. Danger posted:

Original plan was for the True Geth to resurrect Shepard, hence the original ME2 teaser featuring a geth wearing the N7 armour (which would eventually become Legion's design). I think this would've been too tricky to implement, but the core of the idea is that Shepard is teaming up with former enemies to take on the real threat of the Reapers and their Collector patsies, and that made it through into the final Cerberus plotline.

I think you just have to write off the Cerberus portrayal in ME1 as a bad first draft - ruthless shadow government is far better than the aimless incoherent incompetent rogue black ops group with no real agenda or MO.
Shepard being resurrected by Cerberus is far more in keeping with the first game's tone, a tone that really comes out in ME2. Cerberus is a corporate-funded NGO which does crazy poo poo with no accountability, reaps the profits, and leaves others to clean up the mess. This kind of poo poo is what the average person is constantly struggling with in ME.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
hmmm, Cards Against Humanity is the worst game so hopefully Andromeda will be better?!?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So some new shots got released and I gotta say, this shot of Cora looks pretty good

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Pattonesque posted:

hmmm, Cards Against Humanity is the worst game so hopefully Andromeda will be better?!?

Me playing Cards Against Humanity:

I have never played the game, I just thought the gif was funny

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

marshmallow creep posted:

critical mission failure

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

SgtSteel91 posted:

So some new shots got released and I gotta say, this shot of Cora looks pretty good

Women with undercuts are my kryptonite. :swoon:

I'd bang her so HARD nawmsayin?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm replaying the whole trilogy right now, but it's the first time I'm playing on PC.

ME1 on PC is legitimately a Good Game, no caveats required. The combat is a lot less rear end with M+KB.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I started ME2 last night and the face models are worse than I remember but the game holds up really well

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

She couldn't have a worse haircut if she tried.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Captain Oblivious posted:

Mirandas core character concept is perfectly fine though the execution is wanting at times. She's a literal engineered ubermenschen who is smug as hell to mask the fact that, because she is a literal ubermenschen, she doesn't entirely feel like she's earned her achievements. It's a good scifi premise.

Stop mangling our beautiful German language. She's an Übermensch, or ubermensch if your strange keyboard can't do an umlaut. Übermenschen is the plural of Übermensch.

I wonder if they will also have expanded roles for non-party members. Like in Inquisition, where I liked Leliana and Josephine quite a lot. They were involved in the plot and developed as characters, even though you couldn't take them with you. Your sibling is probably intended for such a role, I just hope they have additional people like that.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Torrannor posted:

I wonder if they will also have expanded roles for non-party members. Like in Inquisition, where I liked Leliana and Josephine quite a lot. They were involved in the plot and developed as characters, even though you couldn't take them with you. Your sibling is probably intended for such a role, I just hope they have additional people like that.

they mentioned a fair number of romanceable characters won't actually be party members so this seems likely

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Mymla posted:

Don't know what you're talking about, primo waifu material there.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

SgtSteel91 posted:

Looks like a man.

Mymla posted:

as a cool rear end west coaster, its clear to me you dont know style. especially style in space.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SgtSteel91 posted:

She looks like Claire from House of Cards. Which is a good thing.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

MadBimber posted:

Looks like a man.

looks like an olympic swimmer.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Can't wait to leave her on andromedan virmire

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Clearly Cora is a belter.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Mymla posted:

strong disagree

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

bold of bioware to continue forward with their endorsement deal of milo yiannopoulos

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Cowcaster posted:

bold of bioware to continue forward with their endorsement deal of milo yiannopoulos

oh shush you, goddamnit now i cant unsee it.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

SgtSteel91 posted:

It is weird that I'm super impressed by the felted texture on the uniform? drat but video games in 2017 look good.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

marshmallow creep posted:

That's pretty accurate, actually.

If you want to play a good game from the same guys, try Secret Hitler. It's much better than the name suggests.

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

I'm feeling some good vibrations!

Pattonesque posted:

reminder that in context Mass Effect 2 has the best piece of video game music ever made

have I got a link for you if you haven't listened to it already.

I really hope the music is good for andromeda. it's the biggest thing that gives me nostalgic feelings about the trilogy. Vigil's theme, Saren's, Uncharted worlds, Tali's theme, Suicide Mission, Terminus blues, Dear Jessie, For Tuchanka, I'm sorry, and of course I'm proud of you. Good stuff.

Plus Faunts. Andromeda better have some Faunts rolling with the credits.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

MadBimber posted:

Looks like a man.

That's how i like my woman!

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Qwezz posted:

have I got a link for you if you haven't listened to it already.

I really hope the music is good for andromeda. it's the biggest thing that gives me nostalgic feelings about the trilogy. Vigil's theme, Saren's, Uncharted worlds, Tali's theme, Suicide Mission, Terminus blues, Dear Jessie, For Tuchanka, I'm sorry, and of course I'm proud of you. Good stuff.

Plus Faunts. Andromeda better have some Faunts rolling with the credits.

this is good as hell thank you

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

AlternateAccount posted:

Clearly Cora is a belter.

Good reference, copeng.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I actually really like the Wards theme from ME1 the most.

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude
I'm probably late to the party but if I want to play through the first ME again, the only mods really available are Hi-Res texture mods eh? I think the last time I played the first ME was 5 years ago and I just got bogged down by Citadel fetch-quests.

Also, the music across the series = amazing. I'm ambivalent of the upcoming release because I felt like the main writing talent left (Karpyshan) and the series was worse for it when helmed by an orgy of goofballs (Walters, et al.) that decided to poo poo in three different-colored paper bags and phone-in the endings for 3. The Save The Galaxy trope was great for the last trilogy, but I'm already getting depressed looking at the hyper-charged caricatures billed for Andromeda.

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude

Halloween Jack posted:

I actually really like the Wards theme from ME1 the most.

That track plays in the docks in ME3 too, right? That is one of the more relaxing tracks.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Torrannor posted:

Stop mangling our beautiful German language. She's an Übermensch, or ubermensch if your strange keyboard can't do an umlaut. Übermenschen is the plural of Übermensch.

I have an excuse. I was phone posting at the time and my dumbass phone changed ubermensch to menschen, god knows why.

Also German is the second dumbest language in western Europe right after English :colbert:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Medlar posted:

I'm probably late to the party but if I want to play through the first ME again, the only mods really available are Hi-Res texture mods eh? I think the last time I played the first ME was 5 years ago and I just got bogged down by Citadel fetch-quests.

Also, the music across the series = amazing. I'm ambivalent of the upcoming release because I felt like the main writing talent left (Karpyshan) and the series was worse for it when helmed by an orgy of goofballs (Walters, et al.) that decided to poo poo in three different-colored paper bags and phone-in the endings for 3. The Save The Galaxy trope was great for the last trilogy, but I'm already getting depressed looking at the hyper-charged caricatures billed for Andromeda.

I was going to make a joke about sexy outfit and nude mods here but I just checked the Nexus and apparently the first Mass Effect doesn't have any of that, which is really surprising.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
One more bit of Miranda chat. One of the ME2 dlc gave her a much better uniform. It was proper sentinel armor with a cool HUD visor.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Mass Effect 3 was garbage and Mass Effect 2 wasn't nearly as good as people think it was

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

AlternateAccount posted:

It was posted earlier, but I am posting it again: http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=27792

Does a great job of explaining why Mass Effect is pretty good and why Mass Effect 2 and 3 are 90% poo poo.

For example, why Miranda is terrible:

This is garbage and I've reported you for posting it.

Lt. Danger posted:

why is Shamus unable to explain the "themes, ideas, philosophy and tone" of the series despite promising to do so

That's easy! Mass Effect is...

*checks notes*

..."details-oriented"?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Mass Effect 3 was garbage

yea

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Mass Effect 2 wasn't nearly as good as people think it was

lol no

Serf
May 5, 2011

I want to say that Cora will be getting left behind on the ship but the rest of the cast of characters for Andromeda look so boring that I don't even know who I will bring. Hopefully the krogan is cool, but the turian will probably just be a painful reminder that we have lost Garrus.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Trast posted:

One more bit of Miranda chat. One of the ME2 dlc gave her a much better uniform. It was proper sentinel armor with a cool HUD visor.

Oh, speaking of which, when are they going to announce how many cases of Mountain Dew we'll need to buy for cosmetic DLC tie-ins?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
drack and vetra for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I just better have a cool bro dude thats cool, and a cool squeeze, gender optional and flexible. :wiggle: