Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ben Garrison posted:

Milo who?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Ben Passmore on Confederate monuments in New Orleans.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I thought the baby in the last panel was holding nunchucks at first and I thought "drat that is a scary baby."

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
God drat it, I actually chuckled at that pun from Garrison. I feel dirty.

Simply Simon posted:

That's conservative leader Mitterlehner to the left and (social democrat) chancellor Kern to the right, they're in a coalition and both support the new law. At least I'm pretty sure the Kern. I dunno, maybe the vast difference in caricature quality gives a glimpse into the general leanings of Mayerhofer...

For comparison: Mitterlehner, Kern

Surprisingly, the caricatures of the politicians are not what I find the most objectionable about that cartoon.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

FishBulb posted:

Yes they are

Probably depends on school districts and stuff though.

I'm just teasing because it's an absolutely useless skill that I clung to well into middle school :ssh:. But also because cursive "b" has the same weird high-connect line that v and w have, which turns an i into an r.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

So did something actually happen or is Ben just making stuff up whole cloth?

I'm gonna guess that Le Pen basically just insulted Muslims unprovoked and Ben's treating that as standing up to THE GLOBAL THREAT!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Crain posted:

So did something actually happen or is Ben just making stuff up whole cloth?

I'm gonna guess that Le Pen basically just insulted Muslims unprovoked and Ben's treating that as standing up to THE GLOBAL THREAT!

She refused to wear a head scarf

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Cursive is faster to write regardless of pen type, and is still more legible than shorthand.

Good centrelink robot. We need you to be real.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
I can agree with her that (non-muslim) women should not be forced to wear a scarf, but on the other hand Europeans love the "when in Rome, do as the Romans do" idiom when it comes to people coming to Europe - shouldn't they then do as the Lebanese do in Lebanon?

In any case this whole thing smells like a deliberate publicity stunt.

--
'toons from Pia Guerra:

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

tyblazitar posted:

God drat it, I actually chuckled at that pun from Garrison. I feel dirty.

Surprisingly, the caricatures of the politicians are not what I find the most objectionable about that cartoon.
It didn't post exactly this one because the caricatures are bad, they always are :ssh:. The guy is just also bad at his job.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Uh, goddamn.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Because Pence is the adult and reasonable politician and not at all a hateful piece of poo poo?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Begemot posted:

Yeah I had to learn cursive in grade school. But I did not have to use it, ever, so I don't remember a bit of it.

It's a stupid thing to do anyway. Why should kids learn to write in a way that's harder to read which was designed for ease of use with quill pens?

The kinds of cursive taught to kids are loving useless even with rarer pens, as someone who has disposable paper plates ready just in case ink spills when I'm filling my pen with a syringe.

Cursive is a pretty good example of a good idea completely ruined by people who can't understand how it works, and focus more on it looking "refined" than functionality.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I just write everything in cursive because my print writing sucks. :(

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Alhazred posted:

Because Pence is the adult and reasonable politician and not at all a hateful piece of poo poo?

He's also not cleaning up trumps messes, or doing anything at all really. He's just there as an empty suit.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Simply Simon posted:

The Austrian government has plans for a new law which would benefit Austrians, and only Austrians, when they take on a new job - they'd pay half of their income tax for three years, basically. This is meant to stem the flow of foreign people taking good Austrian jobs away from Austrians (openly so, that's how they advertise it) and they're very convinced that this is legal under EU law. Well, we'll see.

Does that also reduce the employers contribution? It seems like a law designed to benefit Austrians but not necessarily incentivize employers to hire them.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Asmussen is in mighty fine form today

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Toomey makes me wish America had its version of the Tarpeian Rock

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
RIP Fred Churchkin :ohdear:

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Spanish Matlock posted:

Does that also reduce the employers contribution? It seems like a law designed to benefit Austrians but not necessarily incentivize employers to hire them.
I don't know the details and don't care too much because I will leave Austria within the year - but if you think "man this sounds half-baked as gently caress and has probably the opposite effect, and they're only doing it to hopelessly covet people voting for the firmly entrenched right-wing party which almost won the presidential election" then you're 100% correct 100% of the time.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

Garrison posted:

Kudos to France’s Marine Le Pen. She refused to don the veil—a headscarf—as a requirement to meet with a Muslim religious authority. I decided to draw a quick cartoon to commemorate her act, because all other female political figures usually submit.

Such a clash of cultures results almost always results in the west caving into Islam. Even Hillary Clinton wore the veil several Times during her mideast trips. So much for her standing up for western values and freedom for women, who in some Muslim countries can be whipped if they go out in public without covering their heads. Of course, we know Hillary received millions of dollars from Saudi Arabia. That’s probably why she doesn’t criticize the House of Saud’s brutality toward women.
Le Pen, like Trump, is not ruled by political correctness. We need more leaders like her. It’s time for the west to stop caving in to Islam.
—Ben Garrison

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just don't get it why is Hillary still a talking point? She lost and I don't think there anything she can do now. Why not just talk about how cool Le Pen is why include Hillary?

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just don't get it why is Hillary still a talking point? She lost and I don't think there anything she can do now. Why not just talk about how cool Le Pen is why include Hillary?

Cause the base still wants to see her locked up for hotmails

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
I can't help but think if Garrison had the same :swoon: for HIllary that he does for Trump, that Le Pen caricature is how he would draw her.

Also, it's hilarious that despite having power in all branches, conservatives are still scraping the bottom of the barrel for people like Ken Bone to speak at CPAC.

Uber's in trouble again.

NSTU = Nova Scotia Teachers Union

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I can't tell whether I'm more suprised that Rall could possibly consider himself better than anyone, or that his ego could ever even allow himself to consider that someone could be better than him. It's a head on collision between his insane egotism and complete lack of talent.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I'll be honest - sometimes these days when I read Bad Reporter my first thought is "No don't give them any ideas!" That bottom left panel in particular.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Hah....

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

This would be good if he was flashing young teens and saying "this is good for you, trust me"

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
This. This is peak Rall. Behold its glory.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ted Rall posted:

Hmm. How do I show that my artistic skills are far superior to other cartoonists?

Ah, I know, puke green and pink speech bubbles!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Alright who is the "She" Ted Rall is mad at?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The way this is written makes me think it's about a very specific person. No clues on his twitter, sadly. This must have been a real conversation :v:

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Fun little tidbit those are precious colours to the alt-right fringe of 4chan, so the legends say.

Dog whistle, or Skippy seeing tigers in the grass?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Just had to have that limp dick in there, gotta show that not only is the entire religion evil but they also have feminized manhoods, this is a very important visual metaphor to make (that in no way says more about me then those I insult) because

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the House of Lords – A former Lords speaker has claimed some peers do ‘absolutely nothing’ and still collect their daily allowance, on the day the PM made a highly unusual appearance in the upper chamber to observe the first day of Brexit debate"

Telegraph:

American Gothic arrives in London for Royal Academy show

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
MAC on... Rising business rates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Have a lovely webcomic that made it to reddit's /r/all.

• Locked thread