Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Lotte comes with Luck so I have a feeling she'll be the one who I overlevel early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Huh. Break Morale Limit now is a level-based skill. (10 per level.)

Lots of skills are now, like Ignore Size.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Kind of wish this was PS4 only? The vita development makes it feel a bit clunkier than OG MD.

Also this original guzzles energy like no tomorrow.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So does the English translation seem readable?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raxivace posted:

from what ive seen it actually seems pretty good. some of the terms/gameplay mechanics are translated weirdly and there's a few awkward lines but it could totally pass as an actual thing that got released in the US.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
Oh hey, Tetsuya pulled a D-Boy

KoB
May 1, 2009

Raxivace posted:

Its fine, but a lot of translations differ from what we're used to wrt sprits and skills and such.

Only error I've seen is on the battleship Ex-option thing that give Ex points to units. Im only 3 missions in though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

As far as I am it's a significantly huge step up from MD. It's still got some awkward lines and some of the term translations are odd but they're odd in a way that shows a fairly reasonable english-speaking translator/editor. It's not top-tier or anything but it's so far like the ggengen translation: better than I expected.

My long lunch is over and now I'm going to spend the next 4 hours desperately wanting to be back home. :smith:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Raxivace posted:

I mean, even at its worst, Moon Dwellers was readable. It's not like it was Wild Arms 2 endgame or Hollow Fragment 1.0 or anything.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Thanks for the opinions y'all. Glad to hear it sounds relatively solid. My copy probably won't be here until tomorrow but this is all very exciting. :)

Gives me enough time to finish the last few stages I have left in J at least.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Can you all recommend other sites that sell Singapore PSN codes? Play-Asia only has the 50 and 15 cards

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 22, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Willo567 posted:

Can you all recommend other sites that sell Signapore PSN codes? Play-Asia only has the 50 and 15 cards

I get mine offa ebay but even then you're going to have to probably buy multiple cards.

KoB
May 1, 2009
They also come in 20/40 http://www.play-asia.com/search/singapore+psn

I know I just got two 40s.

e: nevermind, I see now theyre out of stock.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I spent like two turns grooming Ryoma to one-shot an enemy for the point and the Yamato just did it off the cuff first. Battleship OP.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

I spent like two turns grooming Ryoma to one-shot an enemy for the point and the Yamato just did it off the cuff first. Battleship OP.

Yamato looks frankly absurdly overpowered so far.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I want to play this so badly right now but my copy is sitting in Amiami's warehouse until the rest of my February items are instock. :negative: Does anyone know if I start off playing the Japanese version and then switch to the English version if they'll be able to share the same save file?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Willo567 posted:

Can you all recommend other sites that sell Singapore PSN codes? Play-Asia only has the 50 and 15 cards

Well, it's still only the $50 card, but...

https://www.offgamers.com/buynow/sgd50-psn-card-sg-discount-promo.html

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Revolver Bunker posted:

I want to play this so badly right now but my copy is sitting in Amiami's warehouse until the rest of my February items are instock. :negative: Does anyone know if I start off playing the Japanese version and then switch to the English version if they'll be able to share the same save file?

Almost certainly not. Moon Dwellers did not.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
What does the skill Stat relate to? It's the only one I can't figure out. Also, what are people going after first in the skill tree thing?

Edit: and cpb attributes for attacks, that's the other thing I can't figure out.

Kingtheninja fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 22, 2017

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I know parts of this game got leaked early, so:

Is there a list of secrets yet? Akurasu doesn't have one, but that doesn't mean a Japanese site I don't know about doesn't.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Prism posted:

I know parts of this game got leaked early, so:

Is there a list of secrets yet? Akurasu doesn't have one, but that doesn't mean a Japanese site I don't know about doesn't.

There won't be for a good period of time. even if a secret unit exists figuring out how to get that secret unit involves a fair bit of spadework and multiple people comparing their experiences so we can guess what caused it.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Inferno-sama posted:

Oh hey, Tetsuya pulled a D-Boy
He broke a microphone by yelling loudly?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

ImpAtom posted:

There won't be for a good period of time. even if a secret unit exists figuring out how to get that secret unit involves a fair bit of spadework and multiple people comparing their experiences so we can guess what caused it.

That's what I figured, but you never know.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Kingtheninja posted:

What does the skill Stat relate to? It's the only one I can't figure out. Also, what are people going after first in the skill tree thing?

Edit: and cpb attributes for attacks, that's the other thing I can't figure out.

Skill relates to certain skills second attack and I think it affects crit rating. Don't know how they're done now. And if you mean CQB, it's melee.

AradoBalanga posted:

He broke a microphone by yelling loudly?

While I'm sure he will, I mean that he's faking

Also, resident hardass Ryoma Nagare and world champion stoic Setsuna F Seiei smiled in the same scene and had a bonding moment. I can not express how adorable that is.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

So how are the default birthday/blood type for the protagonists in terms of their skills?

KoB
May 1, 2009
I took Chitose and 11/11B and started with Zero-in (focus) and I want to say Attune, but Im not 100%.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Kingtheninja posted:

I don't have V in my hands yet, but Skill traditionally determines critical hit rate and pilot ability trigger rate (Deflect, Intercept, Attack Again, Counter, Shield Defense, however they translate these).

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Inferno-sama posted:

Also, resident hardass Ryoma Nagare and world champion stoic Setsuna F Seiei smiled in the same scene and had a bonding moment. I can not express how adorable that is.

:allears: Man I love SRW. This is gonna be a long month waiting for economy shipping. I wish the vita memory cards weren't so expensive so I could afford to buy games digitally.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Inferno-sama posted:

Skill relates to certain skills second attack and I think it affects crit rating. Don't know how they're done now. And if you mean CQB, it's melee.

Actually I meant the icons next to the attack names. There's an attributes tab and lists either C P or B I think (or all) and I'm not sure what those mean.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

Actually I meant the icons next to the attack names. There's an attributes tab and lists either C P or B I think (or all) and I'm not sure what those mean.

P is Post Move, B is Beam. I actually need to double check what C is in this one.

KoB
May 1, 2009
P is Post-movement attacks
B is Beam Attacks
M is Missile attacks
C is usually combo attacks of some kind.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

P is Post Move, B is Beam. I actually need to double check what C is in this one.

I believe that C means Counter, at least for this game. Since it's not on the skill tree, I can't think of anything else it could be.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Inferno-sama posted:

I believe that C means Counter, at least for this game. Since it's not on the skill tree, I can't think of anything else it could be.

Oh! That would explain a lot actually.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Inferno-sama posted:

Counter? Is that weapon specific now or something?

That... seems weird to me, but okay.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Supremezero posted:

Counter? Is that weapon specific now or something?

That... seems weird to me, but okay.

Weapons with the C (counter) property always go first even on a n enemy turn.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Hmm. I don't suppose anyone's determined the download size for the Vita version yet? I know it's not up on the Singapore PSN, but I assume it is on Japan?

Also, the heck is taking so long for it to go up on Singapore PSN.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Does anybody know if the Vita version is much more noticeably worse than PS4? I might end up getting it portable if the tradeoff isn't too horrid.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Here's a video of one of the possible upgrades to the OG unit. Spoilers, it's loving rad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1-RErw-68g

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

So far the animations are good, Soji and the Vangrey are fantastic, and the translation is surprisingly solid. Anyone else noticing the 3D maps look like they were thrown together in 5 minutes, though? I don't think I've seen a single square of defensive terrain in several stages now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

So...just met Pink Cat from, I believe, Mightgaine... Why? Just...why? I mean...I'd still take her over Izumi, but...why?

• Locked thread