Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

tyft I was trying to figure out how to feed in arbitrary PNGs yesterday but gave up

https://twitter.com/doom_txt/status/834460803201785856

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i learned the word "eschaton" from Infinite Jest so i will forever associate it with the game of that name that is described in the book
i first remember seeing it in singularity sky so now it makes me think of a scary ai god from the future, which is p. cool i think

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sombrerotron posted:

i first remember seeing it in singularity sky so now it makes me think of a scary ai god from the future, which is p. cool i think

i learned about it from the illuminatus trilogy, so i think about a guy doing sex to a woman so good that she has an out-of-body experience and then dumps him

i think that was in the book

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

Sombrerotron posted:

if you like this you're gonna love Roko's basilisk

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
had this dream where my wife's best friend was about to go down on me but then she had poo poo her pants. thanks yospos

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

the thing was a good movie

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Background for yospos?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

echinopsis posted:

had this dream where my wife's best friend was about to go down on me but then she had poo poo her pants. thanks yospos
i'm not sure if this is better if you meant your wife poo poo her pants, or if her friend did

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

prefect posted:

i learned about it from the illuminatus trilogy, so i think about a guy doing sex to a woman so good that she has an out-of-body experience and then dumps him

i think that was in the book

nobody knows wtf was in that book

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

echinopsis posted:

echinopsis.txt

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/GoAwayGreen/status/834440120816193536

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

schranz kafka posted:

if you like this you're gonna love Roko's basilisk
idk from what i gather it's basically the ai from "i have no mouth and i must scream" except he's punishing (simulations of) people worried about existential risks for not giving it their all before the technological singularity, which i think is slightly less cool than a computer deity reaching back through time to gently caress up anyone who messes with causality

that said the fact that some people apparently get really worried about this little thought experiment being concocted and themselves being exposed to it is v. entertaining

quote:

(For those who have no idea why I'm using capital letters for something that just sounds like a random crazy idea, and worry that it means I'm as crazy as Roko, the gist of it was that he just did something that potentially gives superintelligences an increased motive to do extremely evil things in an attempt to blackmail us. It is the sort of thing you want to be EXTREMELY CONSERVATIVE about NOT DOING.)

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
fm-2030 is yospos af

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMVzEft7Og

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/kcgreenn/status/834488088453849088

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

quote:

As a teenager I suffered from severe depression and formed a strong bond with the character Garfield and his outlook. Its sad but reading garfield anthologies obsessively was the only thing that made me feel normal and it eventually took on something of an erotic fixation.

To avoid feeling like a sicko I drew pictures of garfield with a womans(Think Pamela anderson circa 1991) body and garfields head, so that I was assured that my fixation wasn't with animals or repressed homosexuality. This garfield/pam hybrid still had the same biting wit and acerbic outlook and tended to cut herself in self loathing while wolfing down a lasagna to fill the void after sleeping with drawings of a much more handsome and muscular version of myself. These drawings eventually evolved into erotic fanfiction starring garfield and myself (In my head Garfield still has a womans body but someone reading the stories would think Im having sex with regular Garfield.) I killed off Jon in a jealous rage, I didn't touch Odie, I enjoy his companionship and don't mind if he watches.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I see nothing about her opinion on Mondays :colbert:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

why not lasagna or linguini?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

THIS HOMe rUNS ON
eove, eauGhteR aND
eotsa SPaGhetti

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

prefect posted:

why not lasagna or linguini?

what did they eat on the super mario brothers super show

i feel like it was a lotta lasagna

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lI1_w44oeQ&t=20s

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

buff bagwell - man, i totally forgot about him

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

http://www.suppermariobroth.com posted:

Unused trophy of Mario from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Mario’s eyeballs are transparent, resulting in the inside of Mario’s head being visible.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

cheese-cube posted:

is that a baby yak or something?

mini horse

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/sa_da_tay/status/834508854306091010

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

if only the usefulness of every app was held to such high standards

(serious)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
fetishes getting weirder and weirder these days

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

needs more burger king

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKIejxfYlfQ

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sombrerotron posted:

idk from what i gather it's basically the ai from "i have no mouth and i must scream" except he's punishing (simulations of) people worried about existential risks for not giving it their all before the technological singularity, which i think is slightly less cool than a computer deity reaching back through time to gently caress up anyone who messes with causality

that said the fact that some people apparently get really worried about this little thought experiment being concocted and themselves being exposed to it is v. entertaining

buncha loving babies. if the AI isn't currently torturing you from the future, then it means that we can't be living the "AI reaches back through time to punish people who didn't help in its creation" version, and the "AI will punish a perfect computer simulation of you for eternity" version is about as big a deal as someone threatening to tear up your picture.

do u logic much

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sagebrush posted:

someone threatening to tear up your picture.

argh! my captured soul!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Sagebrush posted:

if the AI isn't currently torturing you from the future

my friend have you read the news? lol if you're expecting red-hot pincers etc, it's the death of a thousand depressing cuts for us all.

• Locked thread