Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

ImpAtom posted:

Yamato looks frankly absurdly overpowered so far.

I just got super robots and I've been upgrading and everything and the Yamato still does the most damage out of anybody in the squad. Hell, it's done more damage with random cannon fire than mobile units do with Smash Hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
So the Singapore PSN store page still has this as a preorder, do we just wait for it to officially release? I'm sure it'll be soon, since it's the 23rd in Singapore's timezone.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PurplieNurplie posted:

So the Singapore PSN store page still has this as a preorder, do we just wait for it to officially release? I'm sure it'll be soon, since it's the 23rd in Singapore's timezone.

It's been out since noon there, there is where I got my copy from.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ImpAtom posted:

It's been out since noon there, there is where I got my copy from.

if you have a pre-order, yes, but for everyone else it's unpurchasable for some reason

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

if you have a pre-order, yes, but for everyone else it's unpurchasable for some reason

Well. Huh. Preorder wins the day I guess. That sucks

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Yeah ill do cheap ship. Just got Divinity Original Sin for 9 bux new so i can endure the wait. And have Skill Point related objectives written up for me. :getin:

Only spoilers will be my punishment for being a cheap rear end.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Wow that OG upgrade looks incredible. I have a tracking number and not much else.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The Captain of the Yamato starts at level 10 to everyone else's 1 he's so good.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I love how a whole career of experience gives you just an extra ten xp levels over a completely fresh recruit.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Oh poo poo, I forgot Okita is overleveled. Maybe that's why Yamato is so strong - the main pilot has like 5 levels over the enemies. Guess I've been wasting a bunch of early game xp!

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

Nah, the Yamato is pretty drat fantastic at any level. S in space, 4 pilots, lots of powerful attacks, a nice barrier, a ton of defense, and it regenerates 20% EN a turn. Plus Okita's got a hell of a command aura. Whole lotta love went into both it and even its enemies.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Holy poo poo.

Yamato at max upgrade gets +1 item slot plus you can get an additional item slot as a FUB. *4 item slot Yamato.*

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Can I just say that the PSN and it's "Well, we'll upgrade whenever we feel like it" is just the worst thing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

:allears:

I can't loving wait to play this game.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 23, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Was Setsuna in the room when she said that?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Was Setsuna in the room when she said that?

Yes, he is what prompted the conversation and everyone thinks he is a little weird.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Changed the Great Mazinger's theme to the opening from the anime and now all is right with the world.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Honestly just strikes me as "translators weren't sure what 'weeaboo' means."

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Caphi posted:

They just translated "otaku" to "weeaboo" without a second thought, I am sure. Some internet dictionary proposes a 1:1 relationship between them I bet.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

I am betting the original line was "otaku."

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

:allears:

This fills my heart with such joy.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, he is what prompted the conversation and everyone thinks he is a little weird.
Well yeah, Setsuna has a history of being abusive towards his lover. I'd be wary of the guy as well.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So did the digital version the game finally for real come out in English on the Singapore PSN?

It's still weird to me to be talking about a version of a game that doesn't seem to have any official info from the publisher at all.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Samurai Sanders posted:

So did the digital version the game finally for real come out in English on the Singapore PSN?

It's still weird to me to be talking about a version of a game that doesn't seem to have any official info from the publisher at all.

*looks*

Nope!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Fighter's Spirit gives +2 starting will at rank 1, +5 at rank 2 and +10 at rank 3.
Guard and Insight also only have 3 ranks, I'm guessing 10, 20, 30% damage reduction per rank on Guard and +5, 10, 15% bonuses on Insight.

Adding music is super easy and good, you can even adjust the volume as you select the tracks and add a little robot icon!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Still not up right now. I wanna buy all the DLC stages but as far as the Singapore PSN is concerned SRW V doesn't exist. Fingers crossed for lunch time tomorrow I guess!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It's 10am there, that's the time games usually come up here in Japan unless they went up at midnight.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, I am really glad I preordered now. I'd be annoyed if I couldn't play today

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's 10am there, that's the time games usually come up here in Japan unless they went up at midnight.

Pretty sure they went up at midnight in Japan.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Supremezero posted:

Pretty sure they went up at midnight in Japan.
I am not disputing that; I played it at midnight. I'm just talking about the general situation, it's usually either midnight or around 10am.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
So just to be clear: Super Robot Wars V is out and if I want the English Version physical copy, I need to use Play Asia, correct?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

GodofDiscord posted:

So just to be clear: Super Robot Wars V is out and if I want the English Version physical copy, I need to use Play Asia, correct?
The physical one is, I guess? And unless you live in Singapore, yes you will need to import.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

GodofDiscord posted:

Well, you won't necessarily need to use Play-Asia.

But you have to import in some form.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
I'm sure some people will be selling it pre-imported on Amazon at some point (at way marked up prices).

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

ImpAtom posted:

Man, I am really glad I preordered now. I'd be annoyed if I couldn't play today

Agreed

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I can't play, so I'm sitting here building my custom soundtrack list.

Then I realized that Mightgaine is a robot made of trains.

I have a remix of the FF6 Boss Battle music titled 'Train Suplex'

The choice is clear.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
It's up now.

Incidentally, I can't actually SEE the size for whatever reason on the store page, but the downloader says it's 2890 mb for vita.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Can't decide between which of these grade 1 TAC bonuses I want :negative:

Gut instinct is the team-wide hp/en regen

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
It was either between the hp/en regen or the spirit regen ... I went with the latter but I think the former was probably a better choice, since units are so EN hungry in this game compared to OG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, I went HP/EN regen. That's absurdly good while a few extra spirit is less so.

I love this sort of stupid-rear end plot.

• Locked thread