Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Gringostar posted:

his stance on bily joel is bad

stop trolling this thread with blatant lies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Concerned Citizen posted:

Luckily the DNC, state parties, and local parties are all bad and useless anyway.

death is the only way out

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Luckily the DNC, state parties, and local parties are all bad and useless anyway.

You're right. We should never try to change anything and should sit in a corner and await our eventual deaths.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Mordiceius posted:

You're right. We should never try to change anything and should sit in a corner and await our eventual deaths.

:yeah:

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
really, the best thing to do if your candidate doesn't get elected is to protest the elected candidate at every turn, point out every single flaw he has or that you imagine that he has, loudly declare that he is not representative of your interests, chant that he represents the same exact platform as the republicans, and ensure that neither you nor your friends vote for any candidate that he endorses or any candidate that doesn't full-throatedly call for his immediately removal in favor of your candidate

if we follow this strategy, 2018 and 2020 will be major successes for the democratic party

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
yeah dnc chair is not that important - instead you should focus on recruiting and supporting good primary candidates in the many local and state-level races coming up

for instance, you should support tom perez for governor maryland and start propagandizing against larry hogan right now since he is popular despite being limpdicked paul lepage

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Gringostar posted:

death is the only way out

of course, there's always my way

(lightning flash, scream)

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Mordiceius posted:

There is no candidate running for chair with a plan to make the party apparatus good, which is why they will continue to exist solely as a merchanism for consultants to bypass finance laws and funnel money into competitive races no matter who wins.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

a 50 year plan for a great leap forward under buttigieg

Jazerus has issued a correction as of 23:44 on Feb 22, 2017

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Mordiceius posted:

If the DNC picks Perez then they have proven that trying to change them is as achievable as exceeding the speed of light and that doesn't mean it's time to give up but maybe think about other ways to achieve your goals

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

When will we know the results?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

HiHo ChiRho posted:

And what a surprise the winner of the DNC campaign is Debbie Wasserman-Schultz!

DWS: Will a 50 state strategy end sexism? Will it end racism?!

if DWS somehow won i'd be tempted to stick around just see where the gently caress this dumpster fire goes

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

SirPhoebos posted:

Find out faster by joining the DNC mailing list! http://my.democrats.org/page/s/be-first-to-know-who-the-new-dnc-chair-is don't do that

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

SirPhoebos posted:

before CA gets called

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Well, regardless of what happens at the DNC, from the meetings I've had with fellow delegates for the California Democratic Party, the general sentiment is that since California is in the unique position of having a democratic supermajority, the state should turn left hard. California should work to become an example of what we can do. Hence why a single payer healthcare bill was just introduced.

Mark your calendars for May. There's a good chance of fireworks at the Cal Dem convention. I'll keep you all posted when I'm there.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Mordiceius posted:

Well, regardless of what happens at the DNC, from the meetings I've had with fellow delegates for the California Democratic Party, the general sentiment is that since California is in the unique position of having a democratic supermajority, the state should turn left hard. California should work to become an example of what we can do. Hence why a single payer healthcare bill was just introduced.

Mark your calendars for May. There's a good chance of fireworks at the Cal Dem convention. I'll keep you all posted when I'm there.

THank you for all your hard work comrade :patriot:

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Karl Barks posted:

honestly? anthony bourdain for dnc chair why not

I so wish they would do something like this. Like why does it always have to be a Washington politician?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Also, Bay Area democrats are really loving sick of Feinstein and want her to answer for her crimes. She has yet to agree to a town hall.

what took them so loving long

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mordiceius posted:

Please primary and replace Feinstein, and then strip her of all honors and standing

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
so when do we know who won?

also who votes?

wtf is this process btw

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Mordiceius posted:

if cali gets single payer can you imagine how many people are going to move there

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

anime was right posted:

if cali gets single payer can you imagine how many people are going to move there

be great if it works out well, I'd be a nice argument for a national level system.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Main Paineframe posted:

what took them so loving long

Complacency would be my guess. Even I was a lame, complacent Democrat in 2016. But due to Trump's victory, progressive democrats are out in full force and have taken over California. Progressives won something like 80% of the delegate seats last month.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Please primary and replace Feinstein, and then strip her of all honors and standing

I don't doubt progressives are going to do anything they can to get someone else her place. Everyone I've talked to wants her to go.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Agean90 posted:

be great if it works out well, I'd be a nice argument for a national level system.

im gonna laugh if like 100k people move to like temecula or whatever to afford not dying and some weird cheap rear end nobody towns become massive cities somehow

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

There is no candidate running for chair with a plan to make the party apparatus good, which is why they will continue to exist solely as a merchanism for consultants to bypass finance laws and funnel money into competitive races no matter who wins.

will take this over funneling money to ray buckley's useless friends

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

anime was right posted:

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/17/california-lawmakers-to-introduce-medicare-for-all-health-plan-on-friday/

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

G-Hawk posted:

will take this over funneling money to ray buckley's useless friends

i wanna know:

what the gently caress does the budget pay for

why is it all going to butt consultants (and not buttigieg consultants)

and what a butt consultant is

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ya im aware of the bill, hence floating the idea.

if any state should do it first, it should be cali though, because they have the enormous economy to offset the fact that some really sick people are gonna move there the second its implemented (unless you have to have been a resident of cali for x years or something)

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rastor posted:

oh for sure man

here's the situation in which i find myself:

on January 23, i sent an email to the state committee on outreach asking who i would need to talk to about getting stuff started back up again in a party that has more or less gone dormant for reasons.

this was because, since april of the year of our lord two thousand and sixteen, i have been in frequent communications with the county chair, sorting out phone tag and with him having to deal with his own election to mayor of my lovely town and in promising to have someone at the state get ahold of me regarding training or whatever it will take to act with the party's blessing, but nobody ever calls and i feel like my chain is getting yanked by the county chair. earlier today, i recieved a reply (to an email a month old, i would remind you) passing the buck right back to the county chair.

if you knew how long it is taking me to write this post with a fraction of the violent sexual imagery i would wish to incorporate into it, you would appreciate the effort i am taking in trying to be as civil as i am.

at this point, abandoning the democratic party of tennessee would be an act of self-preservation because what the gently caress who loving lets an email sit for a loving month what the actual poo poo is going on in nashville asides from loving nothing?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

anime was right posted:

ya im aware of the bill, hence floating the idea.

if any state should do it first, it should be cali though, because they have the enormous economy to offset the fact that some really sick people are gonna move there the second its implemented (unless you have to have been a resident of cali for x years or something)

gona be this because of immigration

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jesus gently caress if i stroke out it better be now while i still have this loving terrible health insurance that dread abuela thought was flawless

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

jesus gently caress if i stroke out it better be now while i still have this loving terrible health insurance that dread abuela thought was flawless

im not gonna defend hrc on a buncha stuff but she did want to make improvements to obamacare, its just it would still be private insurance so yeah rip

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
also, why aren't cali dems going after prop 13?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

lol why would you want to be saved

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

anime was right posted:

im not gonna defend hrc on a buncha stuff but she did want to make improvements to obamacare, its just it would still be private insurance so yeah rip

huh. funny how she mentioned it all of none during her campaign.

might have made people a little more excited to vote for her in states where it actually mattered.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

logikv9 posted:

lol why would you want to be saved

instinct towards self-preservation.

that, and i would at least like to stay alive until i know the caress of a woman, but i honestly don't know if it's even worth it anymore after today

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"did you know that hillary clinton wants to make college affordable?"

no, because she never loving talked about it.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

"did you know that hillary clinton wants to make college affordable?"

no, because she never loving talked about it.

the obamacare thing she did talk about a few times, but it was really obtuse and hard to remember because it had no soundbytes associated with it, again, a huge part in why she lost.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

butt i gieg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol thank god she lost
trump has been so amazing
id be bored with president crooked

• Locked thread