Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Jazerus posted:

butt i gieg

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i beg the mods' pardon, as you might understand why i am... well, why i am what i am itt.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

huh. funny how she mentioned it all of none during her campaign.

might have made people a little more excited to vote for her in states where it actually mattered.

she mentioned it a bunch but you were too busy hate screaming at the tv to hear it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i can't believe that californians want to put all the mom and pop health insurance companies out of work

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

huh. funny how she mentioned it all of none during her campaign.

might have made people a little more excited to vote for her in states where it actually mattered.

But it's on her website what more do you bernouts want :qq:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Al! posted:

she mentioned it a bunch but you were too busy hate screaming at the tv to hear it

i mean she like didn't message the idea clearly or concisely and she had like no other real understandable campaign promises so yeah

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

nope, once the primaries ended i sucked it up and bent the knee. the problem was i couldn't hear her for all of the shitheads promising up and down that she would win because she was The Most Qualified and Electable Candidate Ad Astrum Amen.

and the times i could hear her, it was just plugs for her website.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Al! posted:

i can't hear you over emails

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

eh, i still maintain that it was a lack of a cohesive vision and several major major strategic blunders resulting from living in a bubble that sunk her, not a lack of specific policy proposals because thats all she ever talked about the few times (again another strategic blunder) she actually spoke somewhere

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

nope, once the primaries ended i sucked it up and bent the knee. the problem was i couldn't hear her for all of the shitheads promising up and down that she would win because she was The Most Qualified and Electable Candidate Ad Astrum Amen.

and the times i could hear her, it was just plugs for her website.

heres everything i remember from the debates (not even ads, just debates):

do you even foreign policy bro
epic practiced inauthentic zinger
word salad
make obamacare better in the middle of a who is john galt speech
america is already great
example for daughters + glass ceiling
obama obama obama
i didn't emails tho

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Baloogan posted:

lol thank god she lost
trump has been so amazing
id be bored with president crooked

Terrible haiku
I make only the best ones,
Bernie Would Have Won.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Al! posted:

eh, i still maintain that it was a lack of a cohesive vision and several major major strategic blunders resulting from living in a bubble that sunk her, not a lack of specific policy proposals because thats all she ever talked about the few times (again another strategic blunder) she actually spoke somewhere

the problem is if she said a policy proposal it was anchored down by a bunch of caveats since she seemed terrified of actually keeping every promise she made (which ended up being zero because of that)

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
President Gay Buttigieg

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

TRUMPED UP TRICKLE DOWN

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i like big buttigieg and i cannot lie

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

uh huh. i'm not arguing with you on that, but you can't remember a message if that message was never delivered in the first place. "i'm with her" "stronger together" "america is already great" and so on.

and it's worth pointing out i am incredibly, incredibly angry at the moment because an allegedly professional organization was less helpful in their reply than they would have been had they outright ignored my email.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

uh huh. i'm not arguing with you on that, but you can't remember a message if that message was never delivered in the first place. "i'm with her" "stronger together" "america is already great" and so on.

and it's worth pointing out i am incredibly, incredibly angry at the moment because an allegedly professional organization was less helpful in their reply than they would have been had they outright ignored my email.

democrats bad for sure. lets make the democrats great again

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

ya i get what you're saying i think we're basically saying the same thing at this point.

if she wanted to win, she should have said something like "my primary mission as president will be to create more opportunity and more good jobs with rising wages right here in the united states" because thats what lost her the election

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and despite all of that, there are a number of people in the tennessee democratic party who will choose the next chair of the democratic national committee.

like, no, absolutely not. if the only thing you have to show on the state level is 5 state senators out of a chamber of 33, 26 members of the state house out of 99, and you've lost the governorship, you don't get to choose the national chair. coffee is for closers.

you fuckers can come back when you've proven yourself competent at politics.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
maoism is a perversion

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
As an underemployed veteran with no health insurance I can tell you I have so much freedom from the government and it's awesome

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean, the salt i bore during the primaries is but a fast-food packet compared to the loving bonneville salt flats of salt i'm holding right now.

loving hell tennessee used to be a state of troublemakers who raised hell for all the right reasons but now we're just a state that indiscriminately fucks up anything that hoves up into our field of vision because we've pissed ourselves stupid over fuckin' bathroom bills and attempts to make the bible the state loving book gently caress me running why am i even loving trying

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Complacency would be my guess. Even I was a lame, complacent Democrat in 2016. But due to Trump's victory, progressive democrats are out in full force and have taken over California. Progressives won something like 80% of the delegate seats last month.

I don't doubt progressives are going to do anything they can to get someone else her place. Everyone I've talked to wants her to go.

unfortunately, it's going to be a lot harder than it was a couple of elections ago, because california shifted to a top-two primary a few years back which is a huge advantage for her

you honestly might have a better chance with a ballot proposition saying she's not allowed to be senator anymore

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

goon democrats would rather troll each other out of enthusiasm than support something

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Main Paineframe posted:

unfortunately, it's going to be a lot harder than it was a couple of elections ago, because california shifted to a top-two primary a few years back which is a huge advantage for her

you honestly might have a better chance with a ballot proposition saying she's not allowed to be senator anymore

that would be rigging the primary thou

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

oh no her specific proposals were quite memorable because they were all laughably dumb poo poo that'd get rejected by veep writers for being too stupid like loan forgiveness for business startups and the work study program, which already exists

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

BarronsArtGallery posted:

maoism is a perversion

Don't kink shame

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sisyphus has it better.

you know why? a giant fuckoff boulder can only do one thing: roll in the direction of least resistance.

but i have to deal with people. and do you know what people can do? get loving improvisational in the new and fascinating ways they can frustrate.

the tennessee democrats are like the dizzy gillespie orchestra of incompetence and inertia.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
please god, if you're out there, let that feeling in my nose be blood instead of the snot i've been fighting for the past week

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Isn't Feinstein supposed to be retiring soon anyway

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
She's 83, so I loving hope so.

I'd rather her she retire right now and proceed straight to the nearest open grave.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if dread abuela wanted to win she would have loving campaigned for it.

but no, she acted like it was a literal coronation and now i'm having a coronary because of reasons incidentally related to it.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(does it count as a meltdown if you're rageposting for reasons unrelated to the forums? i need to know how to fill out this scorecard)

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/GodLovingVet/status/834459160305623040

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
because that plant looks great

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
I would like that plant to be DNC vice chair.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Concerned Citizen posted:

I would like that plant to be DNC vice chair.

Bad dems like those shriveled fetuses are standing in the way of President Flower.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
actually I've been hearing good things from inanimate carbon rod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jar of air for dnc chair -- it can't do any damage when it literally cannot do anything.

• Locked thread