Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

10 Beers posted:

Dumb emblem question:
The first emblem I made is round. I was messing around with the creator the other day and...can I not make a new emblem with a different shape? I'm on XBone if that matters.

Your shield shape is based off of what faction you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Loopoo posted:

I don't get salty when I get thrown to my death. I don't get salty when I'm ganged up on.

The two things that will never fail to make me rage are 1) teammates who abandon you or stand idly by when you're attacking an enemy in 4v4 (when you rush to help them) because of "muh honur" and 2) people who spam the same cheese moves over and over AKA Warden Vortex / Lawmaker Shove / Valkyrie Shield Bash into Spear Slash

Same. It's war, not loving high tea.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Exmond posted:

Your shield shape is based off of what faction you are.

...and I'm an idiot. Thanks!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Paz2CxSWoPk

Is this honorable enough?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

I played an entire Dominion match without dying once and then in sudden death the last guy killed me doing this while he was trying to run away.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Gear score being on in PvP isn't really going to help this game's longevity. Just found an entire team specced for insta-revenge.

That was fun.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Internet Kraken posted:

I played an entire Dominion match without dying once and then in sudden death the last guy killed me doing this while he was trying to run away.

So you're saying it is a pro strat?
Because I know it ISN'T supposed to murder you unless you manage to mash them at the bottom.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Jesus, I just played a few rounds of duel/brawl against a pretty drat good Peacekeeper. The amount of pressure she can generate is insane. Just a constant barrage of super-fast combos with constant feints and cancels mixed in. It took me a good long while to get the timing down enough to reach something close to parity, and even that only because I was Shugoki so I could just take some attacks of the chin and trade favourably. After that display, I'd probably put her at or near the top of the foodchain overall, especially once her guardbreak bleed-damage gets bumped up again.

Thing is, though, unlike the Warden that was actually really fun to play against. It was exhausting, but you always had a chance to block and (rarely) parry in time. Well, except for her area attack, that one I'll maintain is a bit bullshit.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 23, 2017

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Capn Beeb posted:

Gear score being on in PvP isn't really going to help this game's longevity. Just found an entire team specced for insta-revenge.

That was fun.
Feat cooldown specced team of lawbringer grenadiers

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Loopoo posted:

I don't get salty when I get thrown to my death. I don't get salty when I'm ganged up on.

The two things that will never fail to make me rage are 1) teammates who abandon you or stand idly by when you're attacking an enemy in 4v4 (when you rush to help them) because of "muh honur" and 2) people who spam the same cheese moves over and over AKA Warden Vortex / Lawmaker Shove / Valkyrie Shield Bash into Spear Slash

I've been called every curse, insult, and slur in the book. Teammates have stood by and let me get ganged up on because I helped them last round. My utter lack of honor is completely without dispute. To this and more I say only this:

All
Hail
Da Cliff King

Never find it unfunny, lest you go mad.

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

I wonder if a whole team specced for throw distance could potentially lead to a series of coordinated throws ending in a environmental kill.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

FunkMonkey posted:

I've been called every curse, insult, and slur in the book. Teammates have stood by and let me get ganged up on because I helped them last round. My utter lack of honor is completely without dispute. To this and more I say only this:

All
Hail
Da Cliff King

Never find it unfunny, lest you go mad.

I pushed a full health viking off a cliff yesterday. He called me pathetic and said I should fight him like a man. For the rematch, I beat him down to one bar of health and then pushed him off the cliff again.

Lawbringer is really good at pushing people off cliffs and I'm not going to stop playing him even if he's supposedly terrible.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

So Icey Seifuku posted:

I wonder if a whole team specced for throw distance could potentially lead to a series of coordinated throws ending in a environmental kill.

I know from experience that a pair of coordinated Lawbringers can relay an opponent from clear across the map and off a cliff using their impalement charge. The nuclear meltdown in chat afterwards is a balm to my soul.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

So Icey Seifuku posted:

*football announcer voice* Warlord handoff to Raider...advanced to the 20....Raider to Lawbringer....looking a bit dicey, that's a tech on the guard break...he's got him to the 10...handoff to Warden, and the vortex starts...And here comes the Guard Break! IT'S GOOD, THEY ADVANCED THE OROCHI 40 YARDS INTO THE SAWBLADE FOR A TOUCHDOWN!

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

FunkMonkey posted:

I know from experience that a pair of coordinated Lawbringers can relay an opponent from clear across the map and off a cliff using their impalement charge. The nuclear meltdown in chat afterwards is a balm to my soul.

Now Brawl/Elimanation is starting to sound to me like any 2vs1/3vs1/4vs1 situation should be an attempt at performing some manner of tag team finisher.

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

*football announcer voice* Warlord handoff to Raider...advanced to the 20....Raider to Lawbringer....looking a bit dicey, that's a tech on the guard break...he's got him to the 10...handoff to Warden, and the vortex starts...And here comes the Guard Break! IT'S GOOD, THEY ADVANCED THE OROCHI 40 YARDS INTO THE SAWBLADE FOR A TOUCHDOWN!

Yessssssssssssssss.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
When you embrace a Peacekeeper at low HP and her bleed effect causes you to drop into the instakill threshold :discourse:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrb0bc3C0kY

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Honestly, if you have a team that prioritizes revives over anything else, you've got a winning team on your hands. Nothing makes me happier than seeing two of my teammates fighting one opponent, but one of them peels off quick to revive someone then they all go back and murderbone the dude.

When you've got two teammates beating the sense out of an enemy and not bothering to revive, it almost always ends in both of them getting wrecked by revenge and then we lose the match.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Internet Kraken posted:

When you embrace a Peacekeeper at low HP and her bleed effect causes you to drop into the instakill threshold :discourse:

When you embrace a peacekeeper and she dodges and her bleed effect instantly kills you. :saddowns:

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Loopoo posted:

for me it's only 1) teammates I'm spectating while dead who never activate revenge

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

I am a really poo poo Lawbringer, but I like everything about that character. Even the VA.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
A warlord was whining about spamming.

Then said my valkryie is spam easy mode.

:wtc:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Fighting rep 5 PK as the Lawman. Kill them in 4 hits with the shove - GB - heavy - shove. Calls me out for spamming the same move.

You'd think in 100+ levels they would have learned how to tech guard breaks, but nope.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Jigglesby posted:

I am a really poo poo Lawbringer, but I like everything about that character. Even the VA.

He's really good character to start out. You learn to parry, counter GB, shove and throw people around. Simplistic defensive and counter attack mentality. Teaches lot patience and to take the hesitation out of your game. Easy wins against most people. Get's lot more hairy against good players that counter GB constantly though.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I need help with recording gameplay clips. I'm using Shadowplay to record two minute segments. I tried 30 second and 1 minute clips but it sometimes would miss good action from earlier in a fight, and I can't press my record keybinding during a fight because if it's intense, I gotta fully focus and pressing a key would get me killed (I use a controller).

Is it possible to record from start to finish me playing the game for twenty minutes and then stick it in Adobe Premiere Pro and just cut out the boring bits I don't want? I'm a total scrub when it comes to editing stuff so I have no idea if I can just paste that one 20 minute segment and then delete bits out of it that I'm not interested in.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Dezztroy posted:

Fighting rep 5 PK as the Lawman. Kill them in 4 hits with the shove - GB - heavy - shove. Calls me out for spamming the same move.

You'd think in 100+ levels they would have learned how to tech guard breaks, but nope.

Can you always counter that combo though? Played against a Lawbringer that did that and despite anticipating the guardbreaks, because he did nothing but that, I still couldn't counter all of them. It'd be nice if the game had some visual difference between guardbreaks that are confirmed and those that can be countered.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Can you always counter that combo though? Played against a Lawbringer that did that and despite anticipating the guardbreaks, because he did nothing but that, I still couldn't counter all of them. It'd be nice if the game had some visual difference between guardbreaks that are confirmed and those that can be countered.

All guardbreaks are counterable. The only ones you can't counter are the ones that connect when you're dodging. As for "shoves", they're the ones where the enemy gloves orange. Some classes can be interrupted if you attack them as they initiate it, but most get superarmour during it (Warlord is one, when he headbutts, just back the gently caress out, it'll connect cause you can't land two light hits before he hits you). It takes 1 hit to break superarmour and another to interrupt them, so it's usually safer to just dodge out the way of orange stuff. Orange attacks with weapons can be parried though, unless you're staggered.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Loopoo posted:

I need help with recording gameplay clips. I'm using Shadowplay to record two minute segments. I tried 30 second and 1 minute clips but it sometimes would miss good action from earlier in a fight, and I can't press my record keybinding during a fight because if it's intense, I gotta fully focus and pressing a key would get me killed (I use a controller).

Is it possible to record from start to finish me playing the game for twenty minutes and then stick it in Adobe Premiere Pro and just cut out the boring bits I don't want? I'm a total scrub when it comes to editing stuff so I have no idea if I can just paste that one 20 minute segment and then delete bits out of it that I'm not interested in.

You can just configure shadowplay to record the last five minutes or ten minutes or whatever.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Loopoo posted:

All guardbreaks are counterable. The only ones you can't counter are the ones that connect when you're dodging. As for "shoves", they're the ones where the enemy gloves orange. Some classes can be interrupted if you attack them as they initiate it, but most get superarmour during it (Warlord is one, when he headbutts, just back the gently caress out, it'll connect cause you can't land two light hits before he hits you). It takes 1 hit to break superarmour and another to interrupt them, so it's usually safer to just dodge out the way of orange stuff. Orange attacks with weapons can be parried though, unless you're staggered.

This is incorrect. You mention dodges but guardbreaks after a parry also can not be countered. Guardbreak has some weird interactions with various things that the game doesn't really explain.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Still waiting on a good challenge in SA discord. :(

Pretty sure I'm invincible :(

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 23, 2017

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Kaddish posted:

Still waiting on a good challenge in SA discord. :(

Pretty sure I'm invincible :(

Who are you in discord? Challenge Accepted Nerd.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

:') Spent 10 minutes in a 4v4 Dominion game where everyone left and it was just me against bots. I put up with all the desyncs as people joined. Just as we're about to win, enemy players ragequit and my game freezes after a resync and I get disconnected to the main menu. Was just about to hit prestige 3 as well.

This poo poo. This poo poo right here. Ubisoft, why would I wanna give my all in a round if the constant threat of getting booted looms over me? I was top of leaderboard and having a blast. gently caress this lovely connection issues. Just wow.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

panda clue posted:

Who are you in discord? Challenge Accepted Nerd.

Kaddish, been here all night son

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Kaddish posted:

Kaddish, been here all night son

There is no Kaddish in the SA discord :colbert:.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
When I've seen you in the voice channel you didn't respond.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
All talk no walk - typical goon. Sad!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

panda clue posted:

All talk no walk - typical goon. Sad!

Are we in the same channel? I only see one dude in there and I know it isnt you.

Tell me what discord you're on and YOURE DEAD NERD

poo poo I'm Kaddish#3109, send me an invite

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 23, 2017

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Kaddish posted:

Are we in the same channel? I only see one dude in there and I know it isnt you.

Tell me what discord you're on and YOURE DEAD NERD

The one at the top of the OP :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

panda clue posted:

The one at the top of the OP :shepface:

Me too you gosh darn llama