Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

z0glin Warchief posted:

Does this count?

Do the japanese have an euphemism for erection that involves lumber? I need to know if the catan joke translates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Fellis posted:

Do the japanese have an euphemism for erection that involves lumber? I need to know if the catan joke translates

Is there a language that doesn't?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

z0glin Warchief posted:

Is there a language that doesn't?

I'm a delicate flower and I don't know about such perverted things!!!!!

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Fellis posted:

I'm a delicate flower and I don't know about such perverted things!!!!!
_____________/

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Fellis posted:

naaaaaah

no way

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I found gifs. What is this and is it worth checking out?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

akiba's trip, no

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Davincie posted:

akiba's trip, no

Oh god, yikes.

Extremely obvious now!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

z0glin Warchief posted:

_____________/

Own me if you must, but leave Jipang outta this

Davincie posted:

naaaaaah

no way

Where did you find this picture of me

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I found gifs. What is this and is it worth checking out?

Not a manga, no

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Fellis posted:

That joke is just one of the many reasons why nobody should ever play settlers of catan

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Namtab posted:

Not a manga, no

Yeah, I know and I'm sorry. But I wasn't really sure where else to ask.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Davincie posted:

akiba's trip, no
Google, tell me about "akiba's trip"

quote:

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed,
uh

quote:

In Tokyo’s popular ”Electric Town” district, Akihabara, vampires called “Synthisters” walk among us. You must identify and dispose of them the only way you know how – by engaging them in hand-to-hand combat in order to strip them of their clothes so their bodies melt
uhhh

coathat
May 21, 2007

Stop trying to make it sound good.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
I read a LP of the first game I think it was. It was surprisingly gonzo for the premise, and the LPer not taking it seriously helped. That doesn't mean that the anime will be any good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The game is fun if you play it on easy and the anime is like a 90's ecchi action comedy escaped into the modern era so I'm enjoying that too.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there's some good animation but honestly i think the show is a lot weirder than the game and less funny

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I know they put a lot of effort into making Akihabara as realistic as possible in that game, and that's kinda cool.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I feel like I shouldn't be surprised that it got a show, but somehow I am.

Also I think there is an anime recommendation thread. There was at one point.

Edit: I love you so I must kill you is amazing simply for how serious it seems to take itself despite being absolutely absurd on every level.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
My Hero Academia, if you're not reading it yet, you should.
It's a really good take on a world where 90% of the population are superheroes.
Really creative takes on how powers(Quirks) work, too. Thumbnailed so folks can avoid spoilers:

not thumbnailed because YEAAHHHHHHHHH POWERRRRRR

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

My Hero Academia, if you're not reading it yet, you should.
It's a really good take on a world where 90% of the population are superheroes.
Really creative takes on how powers(Quirks) work, too. Thumbnailed so folks can avoid spoilers:

not thumbnailed because YEAAHHHHHHHHH POWERRRRRR

Oh so him looking like Vault Boy was quite deliberate. Well played, Mr Japanese Comic writer man.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Mercy
(Oneshot)

I'm a spider, so what?
(Kumo desu ga, nani ka?)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Shout out to DrSunshine for pointing this out in some other thread: Yumi's Cells, which is basically a webtoon take on Inside Out:

Like the movie it's sad at times but also super cute and uplifting just as much.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Shout out to DrSunshine for pointing this out in some other thread: Yumi's Cells, which is basically a webtoon take on Inside Out:

Like the movie it's sad at times but also super cute and uplifting just as much.

This is great :3:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It really is, I'm in the 70s and it's been a good cure/distraction from all the crap going on the world these days. I also love all the other characters' brains/cells when we get to see them because they're just as quirky and fun as Yumi's.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz
Shiori Experience - Jimi na Watashi to Hen na Oji-san

Bland Japanese female schoolteacher is currently being possessed by the ghost of Jimi Hendrix.

http://imgur.com/a/O3dbm

Yeah, poo poo goin' down ...

buzmeg fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Feb 12, 2017

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Kusattemo Bijou is about a girl who has ridiculous BL delusions whenever she sees boys.

No matter what they are doing or talking about.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
Houseki no Kuni (Kingdom of Gems) is a pretty cool manga about androgynous immortal gem people living in a distant post-apocalyptic earth.

It got a whole bunch of chapters put out in the last month after a big gap in releases, so that's why I'm posting about it now. Read it if you like action, mystery, exploring the differences in the lifestyles of non-humans, a protagonist who has become essentially a living ship of Theseus over the course of the manga, and a whole roster of interesting side characters.

Her name is also Bort.

Scrree fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Feb 15, 2017

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010

Scrree posted:

Houseki no Kuni (Kingdom of Gems) is a pretty cool manga about androgynous immortal gem people living in a distant post-apocalyptic earth.

It got a whole bunch of chapters put out in the last month after a big gap in releases, so that's why I'm posting about it now. Read it if you like action, mystery, exploring the differences in the lifestyles of non-humans, a protagonist who has become essentially a living ship of Theseus over the course of the manga, and a whole roster of interesting side characters.

so mow much is this like steven universe

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Not at all outside of involving gems? These are literal walking, talking gems in the shape of humans. They can chip and shatter like actual gems, with all of the problems that entails when its someone's own "flesh" being broken off.

Houseki no Kuni has also been licensed for an English release by Kodansha, and will start publishing "summer 2017".

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Scrree posted:

Her name is also Bort.

This is pretty interesting but unfortunately the translation quality seems to steadily downgrade the further you go, so it might just be best to wait for the official translations to come out.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Is that by the same person who drew Lewd Elf and Stoic Orc?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

jizzy sillage posted:

Is that by the same person who drew Lewd Elf and Stoic Orc?

Yes. They have a few things, all varying degrees of cute and lewd.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Jin is a national treasure and his expressions are super cute

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

C.M. Kruger posted:

Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I just shotgunned what I could find of it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm rereading the breaker and its good if you like bad rear end old men. this is from part 2

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Fire Punch is a dumb story about super powered people wandering around a frozen earth getting in fights and slowly going insane. The main character is a guy who is on fire and punches people. The story was kind of dull and grim until this crazy immortal woman showed up and decided to make a movie about his life and adventures.

Destruction Princess: Boy meets girl, girl falls down hole into underground demon dimension, slaughters her way out and returns years later as a demon queen intent on conquering the Earth. This is a heartwarming story of how she reconnects with her loved ones as she plots the subjugation of humanity.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Jose posted:

i'm rereading the breaker and its good if you like bad rear end old men. this is from part 2

The Breaker is pretty great, the sequel has a lot of awkward plot issues and ends on a disappointing note because the creators will never come back to finish the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Jose posted:

It's not the same without a million watermarks from the insane scanlators

• Locked thread