Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Yeah I'm liking it a lot more after a couple listens. I need to stop listening to stuff in the morning on earbuds. In my defense the first few tracks are merely okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
No Chance track, but im hyped

also Im loving Metro using the flute (Tunnel Vision & Mask Off)

bows1 fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 22, 2017

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
What is this like 32 tracks in two weeks yeah I'm sure this will be nothing but quality.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Yah I agree I'm hype!!!

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Just don't get why rappers don't wanna make classic albums. Just throw down 10-12 killer tracks and become legend.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

yeah I'm sure Future is struggling

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

if they don't name one of these new trappist planets after guwop i'm gonna write a harshly worded letter to NASA

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They're also contract obligation albums. Trying to be a legend is fine, but legends have to make that money too, and that poo poo's hard when peoples hands are in your pocket.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
That is a good point I wasn't really considering. He just seems to be putting out quantity instead of quality and, if there wasn't labels trying to make happy, there's just no point to doing that. It obviously does have an effect, he went from having his dick in all y'all mouths to barely having his last tape talked about a full page.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Crumbletron posted:

if they don't name one of these new trappist planets after guwop i'm gonna write a harshly worded letter to NASA

Race to drop an album called Trappist-1

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

rear end Catchcum posted:

That is a good point I wasn't really considering. He just seems to be putting out quantity instead of quality and, if there wasn't labels trying to make happy, there's just no point to doing that. It obviously does have an effect, he went from having his dick in all y'all mouths to barely having his last tape talked about a full page.

Actually the last few pages have had a number of people remarking on the quality of the album upon repeat listens.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

Race to drop an album called Trappist-1

Mr. Pluto missed an opportunity

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
FUTURE is awesome on repeated listens. I'm liking it more and more. Super pumped for HNDRXX. Gonna stick them back to back in a big playlist called SUPER FUTURE HNDRXX

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The idea of being a "legend" in the internet age is corny as gently caress too considering the attention span of the current zeitgeist is less than a week. Desiigner had one of the biggest singles out there not too long ago, but you got guys going "oh yeah, desiigner, he fell off" because he's not pumping out song after song. Or you got guys like Wayne who've been in the spotlight too long so in the eyes of lames he's no longer considered legendary, as if his recent work somehow diminishes the Prefix/Dedication/Drought/Suffix era.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Mask off is a classic goddamn

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ruddiger posted:

The idea of being a "legend" in the internet age is corny as gently caress too considering the attention span of the current zeitgeist is less than a week. Desiigner had one of the biggest singles out there not too long ago, but you got guys going "oh yeah, desiigner, he fell off" because he's not pumping out song after song. Or you got guys like Wayne who've been in the spotlight too long so in the eyes of lames he's no longer considered legendary, as if his recent work somehow diminishes the Prefix/Dedication/Drought/Suffix era.

Desiigner fell off because he couldn't follow up panda with something that was actually you know, good. Tiimmy turner did not blow up and his mixtape was garbage.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

future fell off too but you won't see anyone recognize that here

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

If he did he didn't fall that far. And he bounced back from the Honest period pretty well.
I remember him tweeting about making an R&B album and those guests make me think this might be it.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Ya Pluto was a fuckin classic it sucks Future hasn't made another album as good since. But his 2015-16 run was good and he had the highest grossing hip hop tour of all time so I guess I can forgive him.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4FulQgyGIs

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 23, 2017

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Desiigner was a lovely one hit wonder clone who never fell on, imho.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Sosa baby!! This is pretty good. Is it new or one of his older previously unreleased songs?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Two Zero One Seven was pretty good too. I'll root for chief keef forever

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Sosa baby!! This is pretty good. Is it new or one of his older previously unreleased songs?

It's an old song but a new version without the guest verse from Pollari.

I'm still waiting on Keef's Hang With Me remix. Mostly so I can finish cutting my feature length Hang With Me edit together.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Robert Analog posted:

Desiigner was a lovely one hit wonder clone who never fell on, imho.

Yeah.

If you've got the best feature on a ye album and the full weight of gm behind you and you just can't make lightning strike twice you just aren't good.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

ruddiger posted:

It's an old song but a new version without the guest verse from Pollari.

I'm still waiting on Keef's Hang With Me remix. Mostly so I can finish cutting my feature length Hang With Me edit together.

I wish I still had my mental list of chief keef snippets I was waiting on. As much as I love and want all those young thug snippets he's teased the past couple years, I wanted the chief keef ones 10x as bad when they were being teased.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Um desiigner always stunk and ye cannibalized his best poo poo

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Also rud your legend argument is dumb. Kendrick became what I'm talking about in the internet age. Lots of people

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Lol talking about legends dude brings up desiigner.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Scrape scrape scrape scrape scrape scrape

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

kendrick only has more sauce than future because he has far greater cross appeal with the white hipster / pitchfork demographic.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.

Marching Powder posted:

kendrick only has more sauce than future because he has far greater cross appeal with the white hipster / pitchfork demographic.

this might have been true like 5 years ago but i'm willing to bet your average 2017 hipster fucks with hendrix more than kendrick

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

tpab was released 5 years ago?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao at the implication that only white hipsters liked TPAB.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
TPAB is loving terrible literally everything Future has ever put out is better than it

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dexo posted:

Lmao at the implication that only white hipsters liked TPAB.

hahaha how absurdly hyper-defensive. the implication was they liked it too. which they absolutely did.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

monkeu posted:

TPAB is loving terrible literally everything Future has ever put out is better than it

Nope.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

This garbage smells better than that garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

POA is so fuckin good