Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Yeah, and that's all stuff that is coming up in the next 6 to 9 months so why talk about it now? Controlling the message is important for most companies, be them Nintendo or other. I am not sure why people consistently expect any company to spill all the beans and then get mad when they don't but I am playing my 3DS right now and waiting for Zelda and that's pretty good as far as the next two weeks are concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

EpicNemesis posted:

I don't understand how Nintendo hasn't had a direct between Jan12 and now. Still so much up in the air like how past VC titles will be handled.

Why spend money on providing new information when you're already selling through all of your initial run and a legion of streamers will do it for you right at launch?

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Yea but they've also released some oddly specific details like "free 1 month trials of NES and SNES games with online play" that no one asked for, meanwhile they have people sitting on the fence waiting for things that should be mentioned already. (Not me, if they slap their logo on dog poo poo and tell me it can run Zelda and Mario I'm there). I get not confusing the message, especially with how the Wii U was handled, but I don't think anyone who cares enough about digital rights transferring over is going to get very confused when those details get released.

They could literally put it in the fine print somewhere on their website and some gaffer would locate it, make a post about it and the question would be answered with no real message loss from Nintendo.

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Celebrate as all our past ways wither, lead the way to an age of light
The embargo is ending tomorrow so I think we can expect at least a bit of information from various sites.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Seeing all these awesome indie games being developed for the Switch makes me want to finish developing any of my (theoretically) awesome indie games... for the Switch!

But I imagine that costs money.

Wonder how long 'til people get PC drivers for JoyCons, at least. I might tailor my control scheme around those regardless.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
whats the best place to watch for preorders to come back up

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

eonwe posted:

nowinstock.net

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

eonwe posted:

Just go to toysrus an hour before opening on launch date.

They never did any pre orders so will have a good number of them.

That is your best bet by far.

The last time anything was available for more than a few minutes was over a month ago. All nowinstock will do is send you an email that you have just a few moments to get in on. Unless you monitor the site 24/7 you are probably going to miss out. Go to TRU.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

eonwe posted:

What you don't get is it's all part of the game plan to sell millions of switches. When you finally slide that credit card at the closest in stock switch 300 miles away your soul will depart earth the ride home will feel like an eternity and when you finally open up your switch slide that Zelda cart in and toil through a vast empty Xbox 360 gpu quality open world with 4 temple the emotional release will be unprecedented

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
That towerfall not-sequel looks dece, the ghouls and ghosts thing looks okay but a bit muddy. We'll see.

I really wish nintendo would bring back the seal of quality or something similar so we don't end up with the same amount of shovelware that 3ds/wiiu e-shops have. It's a chore to scroll past all that poo poo and find worthwhile games.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Jimmy Hats posted:

That towerfall not-sequel looks dece, the ghouls and ghosts thing looks okay but a bit muddy. We'll see.

I really wish nintendo would bring back the seal of quality or something similar so we don't end up with the same amount of shovelware that 3ds/wiiu e-shops have. It's a chore to scroll past all that poo poo and find worthwhile games.

I suppose having no indie games on there would solve your problem, yeah

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Jimmy Hats posted:

The seal of quality was never a measure of how "good" a game was, it was to ease late-era Atari fears of buying a game that would literally not play on your system. The seal just meant "this is a product that will run correctly when put in ur NES".

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Nah man what you really need is four cheap SD cards in a RAID 0 array

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Nah man what you really need is four cheap SD cards in a RAID 0 array

Why in Raid 0?

Seems Raid 5 would be a better use of 4 cards.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Yeah there's tons of terribly poo poo games that have that seal of quality, it just means it's licensed

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Infinitum posted:

Ghosts N Goblins is also heading to the Switch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sqt4uY-xWU

The Nintendo Switch, deftly capturing the OUYA market share.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Waltzing Along posted:

Why in Raid 0?

Because RAID 0 is a pants on head retarded way to get MAXIMUM SPEED

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I'ma make that happen when they allow USB storage, I'll tape one of these abominations,

to the back of the switch and use a SATA-USB-C cable to plug it in. I'll be king of the playground :smuggo:

:smith:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Jimmy Hats posted:

if there's one thing matt thorson is good at it's making fantastic platform games.

the 'classic' free version of celeste is here and worth a bit of a go https://mattmakesgames.itch.io/celeste

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Oh man talk about a blast from a Link to the Past:

https://twitter.com/arpeggiotrash/status/833534268479508480

I remember when the guy who wrote that had a literal meltdown over the first Wind Waker trailer.

A lot of fans really wanted this franchise about fighting a giant pig man to be this super serious and tragic epic that would prove games could be art.

one of my e-mails from when i was 10 years old is on that site :)

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Waltzing Along posted:

Why in Raid 0?

Maybe the Switch won't have native RAID 5 support?

I dunno man don't call me on this poo poo

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What was the USB C/Power bank somebody recommended earlier and what's the amazon code to get it discounted I forgot

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Never hear a lot about this Kickstarter funded game, but hopefully it will come to the Switch, after all, it is still slated for the Wii U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQUcjcQpshc

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I really thought Shantae was the last third-party Wii U game

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Spellman posted:

Never hear a lot about this Kickstarter funded game, but hopefully it will come to the Switch, after all, it is still slated for the Wii U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQUcjcQpshc

Their last update said that they're now considering doing a Switch port instead of a 3DS port, but the WiiU port will come first.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

koolkal posted:

Yeah, and that's all stuff that is coming up in the next 6 to 9 months so why talk about it now?

Because they want people to buy the Switch next week, not 6 to 9 months from now.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pre Ordered Zelda + Zelda seasons pass and the pro controller from Bestbuy today. I also ordered a padded toilet seat from Amazon.

The 3rd can't come soon enough my body is ready.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Pre Ordered Zelda + Zelda seasons pass and the pro controller from Bestbuy today. I also ordered a padded toilet seat from Amazon.

The 3rd can't come soon enough my body is ready.

you should have went for a colostomy bag instead.

e: words are tough.

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Feb 23, 2017

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

glassyalabolas posted:

you should of went for a colostomy bag instead.

*have

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

glassyalabolas posted:

you should of went for a colostomy bag instead.

I don't think you understand the point of this device sir.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

glassyalabolas posted:

you should have went for a colostomy bag instead.

e: words are tough.

gone*

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

I don't think you understand the point of this device sir.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Here's a thing coming to Switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2sxnLe_yTk

It's a mountain climbing platformer from the people who made TowerFall, which is actually a game that'd probably work very well on Switch 'cause of the JoyCons.

I see somebody else likes Disasterpiece.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

keep replacing words of the thread title until it all says anime

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Have we reached consensus on which gooseneck mount to buy?

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

PerrineClostermann posted:

Have we reached consensus on which gooseneck mount to buy?

I have a gooseneck mount for my kindle and it's the greatest thing.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Todd Howard of Bethesda "can't say" if the version of Skyrim coming to Nintendo Switch is the remastered version or not.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

lol

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

todd I'm gonna have to ask you to stop it with this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm not an anime lover, this is a house of lies.

• Locked thread