Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Inco posted:

This isn't schadenfreude, this is great. Kid's already figured out how to tackle his problems head-on.

It's one of my favorite gifs just because there's that slight pause where you know he's scared but he still charges at the doll. That's a brave little kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
if i had another father, i would love to have that kid be my father, because I'd love the way he'd make me grow up

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

COOL CORN posted:

That's my old collection, I switched from planos to coin envelopes, it's a lot more compact and easier to sort through.

\/:shobon:\/

edit-- not my picture, but a similar setup:

edit2-- some people also use matchboxes

edit3--

Come on, you only roll for blaze creation in advancing fire phase, not at the beginning of the turn. But, if you roll a 12 on the wind check at the beginning of the turn, gusts are created and blazes can spread to adjacent locations, so that's fair.

final edit--

I know the guy who owns this ASL collections:

Yeah i googled it and it pulled it out of one of your posts. Im still pro plano but i dont play asl

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Decrepus posted:

Why would anyone want to do that

It's a great way to find out exactly how dumb your elected politicians can be. Here's a batshit crazy SovCit weirdo (who just happens to be in the Senate) trying to argue climate change with Brian Cox on Q&A:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADDB2D2htl8

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

COOL CORN posted:

That's my old collection, I switched from planos to coin envelopes, it's a lot more compact and easier to sort through.

\/:shobon:\/

edit-- not my picture, but a similar setup:

edit2-- some people also use matchboxes

edit3--

Come on, you only roll for blaze creation in advancing fire phase, not at the beginning of the turn. But, if you roll a 12 on the wind check at the beginning of the turn, gusts are created and blazes can spread to adjacent locations, so that's fair.

final edit--

I know the guy who owns this ASL collections:

Guys, did we just become BEST FRIENDS!?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

AzureSkys posted:

It doesn't sound like much outside of the mormon culture, but it's really undermining the narrative and helping people leave (including me).

Thanks for that infopost I didn't know a lot of that. I just didn't like mormons because of anti gay views they spend money on to force onto others. prop 34 etc.

As for leaving do you think people might start to be culturally mormon? I currently live in a heavy catholic area and I noticed a lot of people fall into the culturally jewish thing where you don't observe the rules or care about the religion you just use temple as a social club. I would say a good 60% of the younger caltholics I know in this area just use church as a social club and dont give a gently caress about the teachings. If someone could convince them not to pay tithe it would go a long way.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

snergle posted:

Thanks for that infopost I didn't know a lot of that. I just didn't like mormons because of anti gay views they spend money on to force onto others. prop 34 etc.

You'd think that Mormon would naturally appeal to gay males.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

ElGroucho posted:

Guys, did we just become BEST FRIENDS!?

YUP

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

oldpainless posted:

You'd think that Mormon would naturally appeal to gay males.

more like oldfaithless

i'm pretty sure it does. clean cut decent looking dudes being forced to go live in an area they often don't speak the language very well and have to rely on each other for everything, forced to work long hard hours for no pay. No way those dudes don't get gently caress a dude drunk and bone down.

edit That exact scenario must be why they don't allow booze.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
http://imgur.com/gallery/ABgny

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I learned all I need to know about mormons from 'A Study in Scarlet' and Doyle's recanting was forced by mormon ninja assassins.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

it's steve, so i want to believe

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CByMwp5fa5A

and another

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agXQv8Xht6Y

`Nemesis has a new favorite as of 22:15 on Feb 22, 2017

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Instant karma's gonna get you

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Whomever wrote that "Said _______, muffled by their own colon" in this thread, I'd like to thank you for that as i work it into conversations from now on.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

SpacePig posted:

I'm inclined to think that Australian dashcam videos are real as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyjjtTXfojs

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

drat, I had to watch the beginning a few times before I realized the biker had really high up handlebars, and was not holding up his arms like he was being held at gunpoint.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

The real schadenfreude here is publicly announcing your millions in lottery winnings.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Truck falls through the ice while towing an ice fishing shack

https://vid.me/sEyS

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

xergm posted:

The real schadenfreude here is publicly announcing your millions in lottery winnings.

You often don't get a choice.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Can't help but think Bob could have doubled his money if they'd not bothered with the novelty cheque and just given him what it costs to make one.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord

everything out of this dude's mouth is stdh.txt for the record

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
And that's when the pilot of the plane stood up and clapped.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

And that's when the pilot of the plane stood up and asked if anyone spoke jive.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

H2SO4 posted:

everything out of this dude's mouth is stdh.txt for the record

Ah yes, show us your plane ticket that has zero bearing on whether your story is true or not. That'll for sure convince us this is real. :happened:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Sunswipe posted:

Can't help but think Bob could have doubled his money if they'd not bothered with the novelty cheque and just given him what it costs to make one.

And miss out on this year's Christmas card photo?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Zipperelli. posted:

Ah yes, show us your plane ticket that has zero bearing on whether your story is true or not. That'll for sure convince us this is real. :happened:

I believe him. It's sort of like that one time I went to Niagara Falls and totally hooked up with this girl from Canada, you wouldn't know her, and the only proof I had was the post card she gave me, but didn't sign.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Are you guys trying to tell me that comedians aren't to be trusted?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

BrianBoitano posted:

And miss out on this year's Christmas card photo?

You make a good point. What would you do, BrianBoitano?

gently caress, now I've got that song stuck in my head.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
The schadenfreude is on us because phanatic lost his red text when he ate his ban.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

The Sexual Shiite posted:

The schadenfreude is on us because phanatic lost his red text when he ate his ban.

Did he get banned? Last I knew he got probated for a week. But if he got banned: lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Railing Kill posted:

Did he get banned? Last I knew he got probated for a week. But if he got banned: lol

Ban: https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=112311

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/texas-hunters-blamed-immigrants-after-accidentally-shooting-each-other-a7591471.html posted:

Texas hunters who accidentally shot each other blamed undocumented immigrants, police reveal

Investigators think paranoia about 'illegals' led the group to mistakenly open fire on each other

A hunting guide and his client accidentally shot each other and then blamed it on undocumented migrants, police in the US have said.

Officers attended the scene at a remote south Texas ranch, near to the Mexico border, in early January, finding the two men bleeding from gunshot wounds. A second guide was involved in the incident, but escaped without injury.

The casualties, guide Walker Daughtery, 26, and client Edwin Roberts, 59, and the other guide, Michael Bryant, told police they suspected the shooters were undocumented immigrants they had seen on the ranch earlier in their trip.

Their story was shared thousands of times online after Texas Commissioner of Agriculture and Donald Trump ally Sid Miller wrote about it on Facebook.

But police and a grand jury have now concluded the men were lying about the incident, and actually shot each other.

Investigators believe that Mr Daughtery became paranoid that illegal immigrants were inside a vehicle with Mr Roberts and his wife and attempted to get inside without saying anything, prompting Mr Roberts to shoot at the door.

Mr Daughtery then ran back to his cabin to grab his gun and to get backup from Mr Bryant, and together they opened fire on the truck.

Mr Daughtery and Mr Roberts were both struck by bullets, to the chest and to the arm respectively. It is believed that Mr Daughtery shot Mr Roberts, his client, and Mr Bryant shot Mr Daughtery, his colleague.

Police told news channel CBS 7 they are conducting ballistic testing to determine which guns fired which bullets, but they cannot test the bullet that struck Mr Daughtery as it is too close to his heart to be safely removed.

Mr Daughtery and Mr Bryant have both been indicted on third-degree felony charges, punishable by up to five years in prison.

After the alleged attack, a family friend setup a GoFundMe page stating that Mr Daughtery and his group were involved in a shoot-out with some illegal immigrants that were trying to steal his RV with his clients still inside it.

The appeal, to help pay for Mr Daughtery's medical bills as he is uninsured, raised over $26,000 (more than £20,000) before it was shut down.

Mr Daughtery's fiancée, who was at the ranch on the night of the shooting, told CBS 7 she could not comment on the case until it was completed, but said the couple had had multiple encounters with undocumented immigrants in the past month. She claimed they had had hundreds of dollars'-worth of supplies stolen by them from the ranch.

Although the area is well known for undocumented migrants from Mexico crossing over the border, Presidio County Sheriff Danny Dominguez said he had never seen violence like the alleged incident before. He said he was sceptical of the story from the beginning, and suggested the hunters were paranoid.

He told CBS 7: “I mean border patrol are experts in tracking in this area, we trust what they say because that’s all they do on a daily basis, and they didn’t find no sign, no indication that there was anybody in or out of that area that night.

“By the looks of it right now, we believe that during the shooting, with all the commotion and confusion going on, we believe that Michael shot Walker and Walker had shot Edwin,” Mr Dominguez added.

Mr Dominguez added that it took emergency services nearly two hours to arrive at the remote ranch, but fortunately one of the men’s wives was a nurse and was able to keep both men from bleeding out.

He said he wants ranchers and residents in the area to know they have nothing to fear at this time "regarding any violence from across the border".

Mr Miller, who became infamous in the US during last year’s election campaign when he called Democrat candidate Hillary Clinton a "c***" in a Tweet, deleted his initial Facebook post about the incident after police said they were suspicious of the hunters’ story.

Mr Miller’s initial post included two pictures of Mr Daugherty, one of which showed him in his hospital bed.

“The aliens were ambushing the RV that Walker and his wife. He was shot while trying to protect his hunters from the attack. Walker is a man of God and is now a hero,” Mr Miller wrote.

“This is why we need the wall and to secure our borders,” he added, in the post.

In addition to criticising the commissioner for spreading "fake news" people commenting on social media and local news outlets declared it ironic that it was actually paranoia about border security, not a lack of border security, that appears to have landed the two men in hospital.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Red Barricades, Day 3, we paid for a pre-registered Katyusha mission, and fired it instantly, collapsed an entire stone building on an entire pionere group with like, all his good leaders. Ho ho ho.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

NO! In full video he gets up and paramedics come, but he's like up and pretty ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Azhais posted:

Are you guys trying to tell me that comedians aren't to be trusted?

By Kevin