Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

https://en.gravatar.com/tazilon

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

old man box head plays old-school box tank, i don't see the problem here

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I just wasn't aware Rudy Giuliani played WoT. :shrug:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
That's a Joisey lip.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
After tonight I'm convinced Tiger I drivers are morons. 6 battles with 6 different tigers and each one they either panic and roll it, miss near every shot, or just sit in the field and welcome the arty rain. Not one managed to score above 200 damage.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

SocketWrench posted:

After tonight I'm convinced Tiger I drivers are morons. 6 battles with 6 different tigers and each one they either panic and roll it, miss near every shot, or just sit in the field and welcome the arty rain. Not one managed to score above 200 damage.

Nationalism is a disease that rots the mind and enshackles the brain. What do you think happens to someone whose brand of nationalism worships the Nazis and their comically inept tank designers?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

The loving rhoomba though. Those stupid t8 turreted TD shits and their trillion mm penetration.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

SocketWrench posted:

Which is hilarious considering what a beast the Tiger I really is.
A good player in a Tiger I is pretty dangerous, but you have to be a good player to make the most of the Tiger1 strengths.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

The HT no 6 needs to be increased 1 tier, and given the actual Tiger 1's stats. I hate how inferior it is to the O-I.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

if you want the tiger, just play the tiger

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

You mess wit da Tiger you get da claws.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

If only this had been in a light tank.

replay

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Desuwa posted:

Listened to quickybaby's 252U apologism :airquote:review:airquote: video and it's amazing in how evasive he is over how overpowered it is. Quickybaby is such a massive shill for wargaming, he'll play up the worst garbage saying it "might work for you" but defend this overpowered garbage by complaining that it's front armor is not as good against t10s as the M4 49.

Nevermind that it's got better front armour, even against t10s, than any other t8 heavy.

The only thing Quickybaby is good for is finding out if a tank is worthless. If he says it is not worth the money, you can bet it is utter trash (see Krupp-Steyr Waffentrager). Looking at the 252U's statistics says it is overall better than the T-34 or Lowe. I would dare say it is probably better than the Patriot or Liberte except in damage. I look forward to driving it like my IS-7 and laughing as I rack up Steel Walls.

HFX fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 22, 2017

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Desuwa posted:

I think the IIJ was before they were doing it deliberately, they just didn't understand their game enough (not that they do now, but they've got no excuses now). Plus without tons of premium ammo, which would have cost gold when it was new, the IIJ really isn't that great and can't pen a lot of tier 3s.

Of course it's absurd that they sold the thing in the shop because it is broken as all hell and the only thing keeping t2-4 playable was that there weren't very many of them.

I see patriots constantly. The tank is idiot proof, if anything even more than the IS-6 was in t8 battles. It also hard counters the IS-6 by being able to pen the IS-6 reliably but being immune to the IS-6's premium rounds with slight angling or distance, except in the cupola.

It's also got the T34 and Lowe beat for both alpha and DPM.

If a mildly competent player like me can manage a 62% WR in the Patriot almost exclusively solo pubbing, it's idiot proof.

I had a top tier match in Westfield last night where I absolutely poo poo all over the other team - 3200 damage and 8 kills. Not even a mastery badge. Definitely not OP.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

This new tank is causing quite a meltdown

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Any news on when the 9.17.1 patch is hitting?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Azhais posted:

Any news on when the 9.17.1 patch is hitting?

12am PST tonight.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Popular World of Tanks Twitch streamer, Brian 'PoShYbRiD' Vigneault, has died during a 24-hour World of Tanks marathon. Vigneault was streaming the marathon in order to raise money for the Make-A-Wish foundation.

At least die playing a good game.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Makes you think, the last few hours of your life on this gay earth could be wasted playing this game.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

I hope he at least got some good shots off on any allies that were making bad decisions before he passed

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

That's how I want to go out. Using my churchill III to bulldoze a friendly off of a cliff.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ROFLburger posted:

That's how I want to go out. Using my churchill III to bulldoze a friendly off of a cliff.

That's how you want to die? poo poo that's how I want to live!

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

CitizenKain posted:

Popular World of Tanks Twitch streamer, Brian 'PoShYbRiD' Vigneault, has died during a 24-hour World of Tanks marathon. Vigneault was streaming the marathon in order to raise money for the Make-A-Wish foundation.

At least die playing a good game.

lol there's a gbs thread about it. rip chain smoking homophobic welfare queen dude.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Fat Jesus posted:

lol there's a gbs thread about it. rip chain smoking homophobic welfare queen dude.

Anyone know how many viewers this guy usually got? Right now the highest viewer count for WoT on Twitch is 450ish, which is pathetically low. Even people playing Magic the Gathering Online have WoT beat, and MTGO looks like a game from the early 2000s.

who even cared enough to watch a 24 hour stream of a lovely game to make this poor bastard feel the need to keep going and die

e: lol i just now figured out that dude's name, I thought he was calling himself Poshy Bird

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Feb 23, 2017

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Hellsau, are you saying you wouldn't die for what you believe in?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Hellsau, are you saying you wouldn't die for what you believe in?

"Here lies Poshybrid. He died how he lived - smoking, drinking, and ignoring his kids."

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

The patch is tonight, the patch is tonight, the patch is tonight. I can't wait for my mods to go ballistic.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Hellsau posted:

Anyone know how many viewers this guy usually got? Right now the highest viewer count for WoT on Twitch is 450ish, which is pathetically low. Even people playing Magic the Gathering Online have WoT beat, and MTGO looks like a game from the early 2000s.

who even cared enough to watch a 24 hour stream of a lovely game to make this poor bastard feel the need to keep going and die

e: lol i just now figured out that dude's name, I thought he was calling himself Poshy Bird

Like 200-300 viewers. I occasionally played with him when he was streaming like 2 years ago and he raged harder than Hardest sometimes.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Michaellaneous posted:

Yes but with all the powercreep, the Type59 is not even close to what it was before.

This is like my new siren call. And not true at all, unless you're going back to when the type saw tier 5s.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

The patch is tonight, the patch is tonight, the patch is tonight. I can't wait for my mods to go ballistic.

Stop using mods so you don't have to deal with this poo poo anymore imo.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

primelaw posted:

Like 200-300 viewers. I occasionally played with him when he was streaming like 2 years ago and he raged harder than Hardest sometimes.

this is difficult to fathom

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Hellsau posted:

"Here lies Poshybrid. He died how he lived - smoking, drinking, and ignoring his kids."

his 'friends' are currently cashing in on his death with memorial streams

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

BadLlama posted:

Stop using mods so you don't have to deal with this poo poo anymore imo.

mods give us an excuse to not play for a week

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
The last thing that happened in his last posted video was him getting ammo-racked before he got a shot off.

What a way to go.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Lazyhound posted:

The last thing that happened in his last posted video was him getting ammo-racked before he got a shot off.

What a way to go.

You hear that you motherfuckers? Put Safe Stowage on your loaders, or you'll die and leave your kids alone.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Hellsau posted:

You hear that you motherfuckers? Put Safe Stowage on your loaders, or you'll die and leave your kids alone.

Hellsau you seem really angry at this guy. Did he kill you with an HE shell or something?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

Hellsau you seem really angry at this guy. Did he kill you with an HE shell or something?

He's the only winner this thread has ever seen - he'll never be tempted to play World of Tanks ever again.

e: also wait isn't this a Euro streamer?

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Hellsau posted:

He's the only winner this thread has ever seen - he'll never be tempted to play World of Tanks ever again.

e: also wait isn't this a Euro streamer?

idk i was an lt nerd and reading about the upcoming light changes killed my will to play like ever

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

idk i was an lt nerd and reading about the upcoming light changes killed my will to play like ever

I don't think the changes can go into the game as shown. The changes effectively kill light tanks wholesale. It's the same thing with the arti changes on the Sandbox - why not just loving remove the class if you're going to nerf them into uselessness? From what we've seen, most of the light tanks have stats that would make them garbage premiums if they got pref matchmaking. Who the gently caress wants to play a blind tank with no HP and no armor and horrible guns?

They're most likely putting them all in on the supertest, seeing what works, and then buffing the worst tanks. That fits with their previous tests. They either put the tanks in overpowered and nerf them, put the tanks in overpowered and keep them in overpowered, or put them in weak and then substantially buff them without bothering to retest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Hellsau posted:

A medication I was on had the oddly specific side-effect of utterly killing my interest in WoT. Like, anytime I felt the urge to play, I'd realize I'd missed a dose.

Once the habit was broken, I was free, free at last.

Lazyhound fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Feb 23, 2017