Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
there was a newer dune game (idk the name) that came as an ad on my copy of tiberium sun / red alert 2 or something, i watched that ad a million times and never bought the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Augus posted:

why are people talking so much about the president!? :qq::qq::qq:

this is gonna be most of the country soon
we are very hosed
Eh... a lot of states were looking to emulate Kansas until it started going to poo poo.

They started pulling back a bit.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ramadu posted:

dune 2 and dune 2000 and that emperor battle for dune games were all really fun RTS games and im sad theres only like....starcraft 2 surviving in the rts world
Dune 2000 was great, but I think E:BFD was the best of the series, and it's unfortunate it had to end there. Starcraft 2 is so depressingly mechanical and soulless. I like competitive RTS games, but the Westwood-style that ultimately died with Red Alert 3 was so much better. Plus, C&C 3 and RA3 were decently competitive, and with actual support they could've been e-sports.

Lastgirl posted:

oh ya people were raving about it recently

i will chk this out
It's great. It reminds me of a less dreamlike Kentucky Route Zero, but with similar themes of actual economic hardship (instead of (((economic anxiety)))), depression, and finding meaning. And drunk cats.

logikv9 posted:

there was a newer dune game (idk the name) that came as an ad on my copy of tiberium sun / red alert 2 or something, i watched that ad a million times and never bought the game

It's almost certainly Emperor: Battle for Dune.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Wait it's a discrete game and not a mod for RA?

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Evil_Greven posted:

Eh... a lot of states were looking to emulate Kansas until it started going to poo poo.

ur welcome

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

Wait it's a discrete game and not a mod for RACC?

The Dune games were separate from C&C but had very similar mechanics.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Baloogan posted:

im pretty chillaxed atm, hope yall are as chillaxed.

very chillaxed tbh

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
I have like $12 to my name right now but fortunately payday is Friday and Weird Wednesday is free at the movie theater. Going to watch a bad movie tonight

What are you all up to?

edit I spent today taking down Valentines cards in a Walgreens and putting up Easter, Passover, St. Pats, and Minor Spring Holiday cards.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I think Dune is responsible for the hypernormalization of collecting and drinking your own urine.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Evil_Greven posted:

the right pulls out all the time, but then immediately goes back in with twice the force

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Evil_Greven posted:

my terrible republican state has used extra tax income from a growing economy to increase funding to education :unsmith:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nichael posted:

The Dune games were separate from C&C but had very similar mechanics.

Yeah that's what threw me for a loop. It was so similar it might as well have been a reskin with a few extra unit models thrown in.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
bring back C&C RTS games

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

TyrantWD posted:

The election season really showed the difference between NYT and WaPo. Nyt couldn't help but be drawn into the "both sides are equally bad" argument on a regular basis, whereas wapo made sure they dished out criticism as deserved, and didn't try to force equal criticism as much as the NYT did. NYT is in the same position CNN is where their international reporters do a great job, but the domestic side pales in comparison.

I was among the most critical Clinton backers, and if the NYT wanted to report on the horrible handling of her campaign, or some other relevant misdeed, i would have welcomed it. I'm the sort of person who loves negative feedback, but they would fall into a pattern of criticizing Trump and then if there was nothing exciting take place with Hillary, they would feel obligated to return to talking about emails.

When it comes to domestic political coverage, NYT is a second tier organization.

This is pretty much why I went with WaPo. That and the Amazon Prime thing.

Lastgirl posted:

I'm glad your sister is safe

This is just only starting though, especially with the republicans pushing to remove background checks. Expect it to become more frequent.

Thanks. One of the many reasons why I'm arming myself. I'll at least be able to fight back.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
if you are not playing forged alliance forever I don't know what to tell you

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

punchymcpunch posted:

I think Dune is responsible for the hypernormalization of collecting and drinking your own urine.

more like waterworld

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

punchymcpunch posted:

artisanal filtered water harvested from a Fremen (24 pack of 16 oz. bottles)

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

logikv9 posted:

bring back C&C RTS games

bring back c&c renegade

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I never liked RTSes

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

TyrantWD posted:

The election season really showed the difference between NYT and WaPo. Nyt couldn't help but be drawn into the "both sides are equally bad" argument on a regular basis, whereas wapo made sure they dished out criticism as deserved, and didn't try to force equal criticism as much as the NYT did. NYT is in the same position CNN is where their international reporters do a great job, but the domestic side pales in comparison.

I was among the most critical Clinton backers, and if the NYT wanted to report on the horrible handling of her campaign, or some other relevant misdeed, i would have welcomed it. I'm the sort of person who loves negative feedback, but they would fall into a pattern of criticizing Trump and then if there was nothing exciting take place with Hillary, they would feel obligated to return to talking about emails.

When it comes to domestic political coverage, NYT is a second tier organization.
I feel pretty comfortable saying that the New York Times is largely trash. I'm very critical of a lot of the news media (especially in the Escalator Era, but even before then. I grew up during Iraq War II after all), and I think the Washington Post has been the best by far, recently.

Big Fat Iguana posted:

I have like $12 to my name right now but fortunately payday is Friday and Weird Wednesday is free at the movie theater. Going to watch a bad movie tonight

What are you all up to?
Night in the Woods
Homework
Wednesday TV

punchymcpunch posted:

That's not hypernormal, it's just normal.

logikv9 posted:

bring back C&C RTS games
I'd kill for a new Tiberium game.

FAUXTON posted:

Yeah that's what threw me for a loop. It was so similar it might as well have been a reskin with a few extra unit models thrown in.
I mean... mechanically, kind of. But they were different, and they were really great. E:BFD had a lot of interesting gameplay changes that were never put into the C&Cs too.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
Yuri mindcontrolled Tanya and she's setting us up the bomb as we speak

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
WaPo gives out free accounts if you have a .edu .mil or .gov email it's pretty dope

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Baloogan posted:

i read dune messaih first, like 6x times, before realizing it was part of a larger series

Nooooooooooooooooo

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Epic High Five posted:

I never liked RTSes

you're in luck because the genre is kinda dead

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

these might be good planet lookin peeps

http://i.imgur.com/I4iwx4d.gifv

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ramadu posted:

bring back c&c renegade

gently caress yeah. It's the only FPS I have straight up loved. I don't like the genre normally but that game was amazing.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
WARNING: NUCLEAR MISSILE DETECTED

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

there wolf lmao posted:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

there wolf lmao posted:

Yuri mindcontrolled Tanya and she's setting us up the bomb as we speak

dude, spoilers!

there wolf lmao posted:

Ion Cannon ready

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Do MOBAs count as RTS?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Do MOBAs count as RTS?

for me, kind of. I've played way too much dota because C&C is dead and there's nothing else.

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
https://mobile.twitter.com/KING5Seattle/status/834607758213197825

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The greatest RTSes were Age of Empires II and Total Annihilation.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Squizzle posted:

hojy ship hes gotten a fukk foyr years of agibg in the past mobth

idk i think hes looked like shiet for a while

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

:nws:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

He's a Mexican Joe Biden holy poo poo

oh my god

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I played a lot of AOE2 but mostly just rushed Mongol horse bowmen or longbowmen and then marched around the map killing everything as soon as it appeared on the screen

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I really like watching League, but I wouldn't play a MOBA if my life depended on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/StefanHernand20/status/834610077235453953

Schnorkles posted:

I really like watching League, but I wouldn't play a MOBA if my life depended on it.

Maybe it's just because I'm used to Dota, but League looks like an incomprehensible Jeb! tiered mess to me.

• Locked thread