Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

dangerdoom volvo posted:

sir this is the mcdonalds drive thru thread

poo poo I thought this was the wawa thread

That mystic mystery mayhem achievement 10 is definitely Defeat 300 limbo demons with Ultronman, team-up doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
"Bounty chests in the Castle Doom Terminal can drop boss artifacts for all minibosses that appear as well as cosmic boss artifacts in cosmic difficulty."

Come on gaz release this patch for endless cosmic doom grinding.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I'll keep farming ultron, cosmic UEB's with +4 to all are insane.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Not that they ever drop.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

jusupov mentioned you might be able to complete Mystic Mystery 9 outside of limbo event week, and you can, just completed it myself.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

jusupov mentioned you might be able to complete Mystic Mystery 9 outside of limbo event week, and you can, just completed it myself.

:same:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Posting this again since it's limbo time tomorrowish. 10 will be added in the patch but you can do some in Limbo once it's up, if it changes before the patch. No midtown spawns without a patch though.

Remember you should be able to do these with uncapped heroes in midtown once they patch

Mystic 6: As Ghost Rider defeat 2000+ mystic lava demons in cmm and ~44 lavahearts. Lavaheart count might be lower, especially after last patch that made it so people got it just from logging in.

Mystic 7: Defeat Deceiver and Herald of Ash and Lavaheart 5 times each with Doom with probably any team-up.

Mystic 8: Defeat 12 Minions with the three following heroes - Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider and Blade

Mystic 9: Defeat 5 clones of any of the following three: magnetman, goblinman, venomman or ultronman

Mystic 10: Defeat 300 mayhem demons as Ultron with probably a summon power somewhere in there

You can track all those using the quest thingie so you can see if they're working. Most of those will show 0/2 or 0/3 until you complete all required boss kills or minion kills, but the tenth one will count them all.

Completing those rewards a flourish

as a crafting recipe

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
How did you get achievements to actually appear on the tracker? I know there's a checkbox to enable that, but it's never done anything for me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Once they're checked cycle through the tracker until they show up.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Do I play this again yet or nah?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

AzraelNewtype posted:

How did you get achievements to actually appear on the tracker? I know there's a checkbox to enable that, but it's never done anything for me.
You need to enable "achievements" in the mission tracker filter, and you need to check the box of the achievement you want to track in the Achievements window. If that doesn't work for you it's probably broken.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

MMAgCh posted:

You need to enable "achievements" in the mission tracker filter, and you need to check the box of the achievement you want to track in the Achievements window. If that doesn't work for you it's probably broken.

I checked the achievements box in the tracker filter, as indicated, but I honestly haven't even seen a box to check in the Achievements window for the specific ones.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Broken features in Marvel Heroes 2016?? :eyepop:

What's the odds they've actually fixed Redeem Their Souls so that I can finally complete it? Or, for that matter, any of the achievements tracking bounty completions or terminal kills.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

AzraelNewtype posted:

I checked the achievements box in the tracker filter, as indicated, but I honestly haven't even seen a box to check in the Achievements window for the specific ones.

Might well be busted of course, because :gaz:.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I swear, if one of Black Bolts Killing Words isn't "Muad'Dib"...

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Degs posted:

Do I play this again yet or nah?

how bad do you wanna sit in cmm sifting through a billion worthless drops

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Hmm, I'm having a tough time deciding which character will look most inappropriate with the rose petals visual.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Frank Castle or Vision.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Upcoming VUs. Not this week, though.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Captain Marvel still looks like a bin liner.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Jusupov posted:

Completing those rewards a flourish

as a crafting recipe

each one will cost 666 unstable molecules to craft

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Looks like Captain Marvel and Cyke plumped out a bit. I mean wasn't Cyke's nickname Slim?

Hate to be a naysayer but all the female characters are getting pudgey in the waists and flatter, frumpier bums (Cap Marvel, Psylocke) while the dudes are slim and get like 18 abs (hello Gambit, Iron Fist, etc.).

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008
Since I'm not sure what Captain Marvel looks like right now because I don't really pay that much attention, I did a quick google search, and from what I'm seeing she's actually slimmed down a little? Her rear end is flatter because it's not completely covered in spandex - very few asses are naturally that perky without some sort of assistance. The updated body type is very natural looking - solidly packed thighs and abs, and a waist that doesn't look like it'll snap in half in a strong breeze. Ditto with Psylocke - her updated body type makes sense for a melee fighter.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Jayme posted:

Since I'm not sure what Captain Marvel looks like right now because I don't really pay that much attention, I did a quick google search, and from what I'm seeing she's actually slimmed down a little? Her rear end is flatter because it's not completely covered in spandex - very few asses are naturally that perky without some sort of assistance. The updated body type is very natural looking - solidly packed thighs and abs, and a waist that doesn't look like it'll snap in half in a strong breeze. Ditto with Psylocke - her updated body type makes sense for a melee fighter.

But Jim Lee

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo posted:

But Jim Lee

Butt Jim Lee

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

bum too frumpy

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Apparently there will be some stuff happening to coincide with the release of Logan next month: Old Man Logan costume VU, a new X-23 costume based on Innocence Lost, a new Fortune card that includes an Old Man Logan team-up, and bonus XP for X-23/Wolverine. I guess they're willing to incur the wrath of Marvel yet again? :iiam:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Forgot I had this

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marvel has relaxed on X-Men restrictions lately.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
any impressions on black bolt from tc? I got a 50% g coupon and am wondering if maybe it's worth spending $5 on him.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

MMAgCh posted:

Apparently there will be some stuff happening to coincide with the release of Logan next month: Old Man Logan costume VU, a new X-23 costume based on Innocence Lost, a new Fortune card that includes an Old Man Logan team-up, and bonus XP for X-23/Wolverine. I guess they're willing to incur the wrath of Marvel yet again? :iiam:

So our 4th or 5th Wolferine team up? Call me when we get our 9th or 10th and then I'll be excited.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Jayme posted:

This is not something you can reason with.

Erdricks posted:

any impressions on black bolt from tc? I got a 50% g coupon and am wondering if maybe it's worth spending $5 on him.

Half baked. Consensus is that releasing him tomorrow is a mistake.

The update banner is already live.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

It's not like we use our brains. We are still gonna get our Black Bolt on despite him not feeling very Black Bolty.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

They need to get him and Nick out the door as quickly as possible so that they can get a new Advanced Pack on the store before the end of the financial year.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

MMAgCh posted:

i mean why not. they only have like 2 years left max to milk this game, thats maybe 5 unannounced heroes at this rate, who cares if marvel says no x men at that point

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
I'm seriously never going to understand why they decided BB's beam attacks should come from his hands instead of the antenna he wears explicitly to direct energy attacks. His ranged kit has bigger issues than stupid animations (weaker than melee despite needing significantly more resources to work at all) but it's just such a baffling starting point.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

AzraelNewtype posted:

I'm seriously never going to understand why they decided BB's beam attacks should come from his hands instead of the antenna he wears explicitly to direct energy attacks. His ranged kit has bigger issues than stupid animations (weaker than melee despite needing significantly more resources to work at all) but it's just such a baffling starting point.

It's because Marvel informed them that the Antenna is a receiver and only tangentially used as an emitter, which gave them artistic license to go hog wild with how the powers look.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

MMAgCh posted:

But how am I supposed to play Marvel Heroes 2016 with all this jizz on my monitor?

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
How many Wolverine teamups do we really need gaz?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

As many as we have Iron Man costumes.

Kokoro Wish posted:

It's because Marvel informed them that the Antenna is a receiver and only tangentially used as an emitter, which gave them artistic license to go hog wild with how the powers look.
Yeah, and I don't really blame them for taking a little license considering how difficult it must be to design a character with no voice that doesn't need to gesture to use his powers for an action rpg.