Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

As discussed in Roll20, the new, improved, undeniably grooved changing-your-orders mechanics:

For the benefit of observers: I need to ditch the rules about runners because they take far too long to adjudicate and have confused some players. Nice idea, but too fiddly to be workable. Both Corps Commanders have agreed to the principle of a change, and I thank them for it. So, as of now (these are still open to minor tweaks):

All updates will be 4 game turns in length.

The Runner is abolished in all situations except one; a unit which reaches an objective must still dispatch a Runner to inform Corps Command.

Divisional HQ has an aura of 30" (formerly the single-turn range of a Runner on a road).

Any number of Brigadiers may attempt a Change of Orders while the game is stopped; it need not go into effect on the first turn after restarting. Whether or not the Change of Orders succeeds depends on a dice roll.

Brigades who are in the following situations will find it more difficult to change their orders than other brigades; these conditions all stack if appropriate:

If they are in combat when attempting to change orders
If they are more than 30" from DHQ
If their BHQ chit is more than 8" from a road which connects to DHQ without interruption by an enemy chit/any roadblock/barbed wire/other obstruction
If more than two brigades attempt to change their orders on the same turn; two brigades may do so without penalty, but a third (and fourth, fifth, etc) take the penalty.

The rule about BHQ needing to be within 8" of a road will be suspended for the next four turns in order to give Brigade Commanders time to reorder their formations without penalty, if they wish, to conform with the rule.

Divisional Commanders must submit a list indicating which brigades have priority when attempting to change orders, otherwise I will do it for you and you may not like the result.

The rules about telephone contact remain in effect with the following modification: brigades attached to a Divisional HQ which is out of telephone contact with Corps Command may only attempt to issue new orders on every 12th turn, not every 4th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Just in case I don't get around to formally issuing orders:

6th division: Hold the line. Maybe posture with something near Nainville, but don't get in enemy artillery range. A lot hinges on those enemy brigades being kept where they are (or being sent on a suicidal attack on your gunline). Keep someone on top of La Cote for reasons of line of sight.

22nd division: Follow the general plan for which I posted the pics. Important notes: Keep pressure on the enemy without endangering your brigades more than absolutely necessary. Consider moving your command chit after issuing orders. All towns are within 4 turns away from one-another, so you can do a shout&scoot without leaving your division leaderless. The job of the reserve brigade is to destroy any enemy attempt to set up artillery overwatch near Bois de Haute, hamper enemy attempts to send troops to Faibleimpot, and in conjunction with our move near Dejeneur, create the illusion that we're actually pushing for Saint Croissant from the West. Obviously, this is being done to allow the BEF and the other reserve a clear path towards our primary objective without giving the enemy too obvious of a hint about our intentions. Ideally, incomplete line of sight our enemy has of our troops will make them think that we're fully comitted to the fight in the center now.

Everyone, but especially the new reserve brigade
Pay extreme attention to your formations and standing orders. Move your 75s around unlimbered, and unlimber them BEFORE entering a dangerous area - and since you can manhandle them for 4 turns in a row, best do it really early. Stay at least 19 inches away from known enemy artillery positions. For the love of all that is holy, if there's an enemy in range, STOP! and don't move until they're all dead. Reserve brigade: Take into account that you may be attacked from behind by enemy reinforcements entering from the edge of the map, and design your formation so that it lets your artillery shoot in multiple directions while still being protected by infantry both from the East and from the West (remember, you don't need to stick your infantry in front of your artillery. just close enough that you can reasonably expect any enemy infantry to be able to shoot both and be forced to pick the infantry. Under no circumstances are you to block your artillery from firing on La Sanglant Femme) and being capable of covering the area represented on the map with explody death.

Seriously, I called this plan Operation Guillotine not because it's made to decapitate the Boche, but because if it fails, it will fail so horribly that I'll be the one being guillotined. Still, it's our best shot at winning the game, and a lot depends on all of you doing your job to the best of your abilities. I'm counting on you.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

my dad posted:

Just in case I don't get around to formally issuing orders:

6th division: Hold the line. Maybe posture with something near Nainville, but don't get in enemy artillery range. A lot hinges on those enemy brigades being kept where they are (or being sent on a suicidal attack on your gunline). Keep someone on top of La Cote for reasons of line of sight.

22nd division: Follow the general plan for which I posted the pics. Important notes: Keep pressure on the enemy without endangering your brigades more than absolutely necessary. Consider moving your command chit after issuing orders. All towns are within 4 turns away from one-another, so you can do a shout&scoot without leaving your division leaderless. The job of the reserve brigade is to destroy any enemy attempt to set up artillery overwatch near Bois de Haute, hamper enemy attempts to send troops to Faibleimpot, and in conjunction with our move near Dejeneur, create the illusion that we're actually pushing for Saint Croissant from the West. Obviously, this is being done to allow the BEF and the other reserve a clear path towards our primary objective without giving the enemy too obvious of a hint about our intentions. Ideally, incomplete line of sight our enemy has of our troops will make them think that we're fully comitted to the fight in the center now.

I don't think that this deployment will mask our intentions very much. If I were the boche, my first instinct to that deployment would be to rush units to La Sanglant Femme, which would then be in a position to spot and intercept our next batch of reinforcements. Also, we cannot see inside the Bois de Haut, and enemy units within would enjoy the benefits of cover. In an artillery duel, our reservists would be ineffective.

To "create the illusion that we're actually pushing for Saint Croissant from the West.", I would instead deploy the artillery brigade South of the Haltebruit/Brioche road like so.

This position can be taken in the same time, and annoys the boche without allowing them to retaliate with artillery. In the event that the boche try to attack us, it's in a better supporting and supportable position.

Edit: In the first deployment, our threat is indirect. The axis of attack is presents is unclear, but directed towards La Sanglant Femme, to which the Boche can either occupy the hill, or reconsolidate around St. C. If attacked, the reservist brigade is in a more vulnerable location, and rout as reservists do.

In the second deployment, we directly threaten Boche positions in St. C. The axis of attack seems to clearly be pointed at St. C., or at least the surroundings. The Boche response would either be a hasty attack, or the same withdrawal and reconsolidation around St.C. The reservists can be supported by 6e and 97e more easily, or support them if necessary.

Slim Jim Pickens fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 23, 2017

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Loel posted:

My orders are the same (no move, yes shoot), but if our engineers can find us I want to dig some trenches followed by place wire toward the forest.

Not one step back!

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
Général de Brigade Téhan II, Réservistes de Artillerie

These orders have been superseded by ones further down in the thread, and are left here for archival purposes only.

These are my preliminary orders to be superseded at a later date with more detailed plans, only to be used if the entire command infrastructure drops off the face of the earth.

The brigade will enter from the northernmost portion of the western edge of the map possible. If it is possible for them to enter with their artillery unlimbered, they will do so; otherwise, they will pause where they are while they unlimber, to be carried into their battle position.

They will make their way to the following position and enter this formation:

From there, they will fire upon any enemy in range and await further orders. Any men not firing upon infantry will dig in.

Should the brigade come under fire from enemy artillery, and the artillery in the brigade be unable to return fire due to range, they will 'shuffle' forward the required amount to bring the enemy into range the infantry will 'shuffle' backwards until they are out of range of their attacker, forcing them to come within range of the brigade's batteries if they wish to continue their barrage (with thanks to Mssr. Slim Jim)

Should enemies be spotted approaching from the north in significant strength - ie, more than two companies - the brigade will fall back to the farm as so:

Standing orders:

When sighting an enemy on Attack stance: Keep moving along original path
When attacking the enemy: Use rifle fire
When an enemy company Breaks Off or Retreats Suppressed: Do not pursue
Break off automatically when: 1/2 casualties are taken

Tehan fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 23, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

The Cavalry Brigade

I will continue with the previous orders to stay in these positions:

If none of my cavalry or mg are in range to shoot at enemies and are close enough for enemy artillery to shoot them (and if I can't get that condition, if any artillery gets closer to them than the current location of the guns west of Bois de Gooneville), they are to fall back even with the horse arty, like so:

Edited note: The artillery are not to move to the positions in this picture. I misremembered how they're set up. I don't have the ability to fix the picture right now.

(Basically I want to make sure I don't get my cav/mg picked off and my guns forced to run by morale checks. If anyone sees anything I'm overlooking, I'd be obliged.)

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 23, 2017

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

my dad posted:

Hm... Not quite what you wanted, but here's my sketch of the western half of the plan:

The red arrows above Haltebruit represent where I want our first reinforcements to go, with the first arrow ending where I expect them to be in one turn.

Général de Division Bacarruda

22nd Division HQ - Send out your orders, then head to Graisse.

96th Brigade - lie there and bleed.

97th Brigade [order change 1st priority] - Your mission is to secure the right flank of 6th Cavalry Brigade, repel the enemy forces north of Dejeunner advancing southwards and to prevent them breaking through the center and taking Graisse. Move your infantry and 3-4 of your 75mm guns to the Western flank of the Dejeunner Ridge.

98th Brigade - lie there and pray for morphine.

99th Brigade [order change 3rd priority] - Hold position. Keep digging in (use your engineer!). Move infantry to cover your most vulnerable frontage.

Réservistes de Artillerie [order change 2nd priority] - Your mission is to to destroy any enemy attempt to set up artillery overwatch near the Bois de Haute and hamper enemy attempts to send troops to Faibleimpot. Advance to Flanderschamps Sud. Use the farm or the immediate area to deploy your forces. If the chance presents itself, act offensively and engage the enemy with your artillery. Do not attempt an infantry attack. If the enemy attacks, dig in and defend the farm. Force preservation is a priority.

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Feb 23, 2017

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

General de Division Tebeka

Provisional Orders:

52e is to assume a defensive posture on the northern slopes of La Cote, maintaining sight lines and entrenching if possible

53e is to assume a defensive posture north-west of Baguende, maintaining sight lines and entrenching if possible

54e have done their duty for today.

55e is to hold position, protect their artillery and entrench if possible.

119e have done their duty for today.

120e should withdraw west beyond Nainville and protect their artillery

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
Général de Brigade Téhan II, Réservistes de Artillerie

There are three Operations below. The first is the one that will be used; the second was originally proposed and struck down, and the third can be triggered under conditions given under the first Operation.

Operation Minimal Elan

The brigade will enter from the northernmost portion of the western edge of the map possible. The infantry will continue advancing while the guns unlimber, heading towards the position outlined below ahead of the guns. If, while advancing to that position, they come under fire from enemy artillery, Operation Minimal Elan will be immediately scrapped in favour of Operation No Elan Whatsoever. To be clear: this conditional can only be triggered while the brigade is moving into position, and not after it has already reached it.

Assuming the above conditional has not been triggered, the brigade will make their way to the following position and enter this slightly unconventional formation:

This will put the western half of Bois de Haute within firing range as well as having a heavy weight of fire upon the Brioche-Haltebruit road, while still being out of range of the known German guns.

From there, they will fire upon any enemy in range and await further orders. Any men not firing will dig in.

Conditional 1: Should the brigade come under fire from enemy artillery after already having deployed, and the artillery in the brigade be unable to return fire due to range, they will 'shuffle' forward the required amount to bring the enemy into range the infantry under fire will 'shuffle' backwards until they are out of range of their attacker, forcing them to come within range of the brigade's batteries if they wish to continue their barrage (with thanks to Mssr. Slim Jim). We do not expect this to occur, but it is preferable to have orders in place for this than to have the enemy be able to pick off our infantry with impunity because some drat German with a sextant and a map managed to sneak a gun into the exact worse position for us.

Conditional 2: Should enemies be spotted approaching from the north in significant strength - ie, more than two companies - and be heading in the direction of the brigade instead of the hilltop of La Sanglant Femme, the brigade will fall back to the farm as so:

Should this occur and the enemy be broken under the weight of glorious French cannonfire, or move east of Bois de Haute, the brigade will resume it's previous position east of the farm.

Conditional 3: Should, God forbid, all the artillery in the unit perish, the rest of the brigade will fall back to Haltebruit, dig in to the outskirts as per the map in Operation No Elan Whatsoever, and await further orders.

Now, those orders would fulfill all instructions given to me, save one: "If the chance presents itself, act offensively and engage the enemy with your artillery." Ergo, I give you:

Operation Maximal Elan

The brigade forms up as so, and then advances forward until the artillery are within range of that of the Boche. With three-to-one weight of fire and a screening force of infantry, it is expected we would win handily. We can then advance until the next unit of artillery is within range, and repeat. At that point, the enemy brigade will be unscreened by artillery, and my brigade can advance forward one final time, bringing the full weight of guns upon the enemy infantry and force them to either retreat or attempt a charge under heavy fire. In any case, their western flank would be utterly devastated. However, should enemy reserves or reinforcements be approaching from the northwest, this would leave my brigade vulnerable.

I hereby request that Général Bacarruda give his permission for this audacious plan, for although I believe this situation does fit within the realm of 'chance present[ing] itself', but it is an overreach of the orders given to me and does endanger the other objectives that Operation Minimal Elan would fulfill. Countermanded by Mon Pere.

Operation No Elan Whatsoever

If this Operation has come into play, it means the enemy already have artillery superiority in the area that this brigade wanted so badly to make their own; as such, there is no sense in sending our artillery in for the Germans to massacre at will. The unit, including any infantry that survived being the canary in the coal mine, will fall back to Haltebruit and deploy as such:

From there, they will fire upon any enemy that approaches, dig in, and await further orders.

Standing orders:

When sighting an enemy on Attack stance: Halt and switch to Defend orders.

Tehan fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Feb 23, 2017

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Holy poo poo, Tehan, no! Let me be a bit more explicit:

You are explicitly forbidden from moving into range of known enemy artillery positions.
You are explicitly forbidden from using "move along the original parth" standing orders/

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
Well, that's pretty unambiguous. I've edited the orders accordingly; Maximal Elan lives on only as something I will read to myself and sigh wistfully.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
OK, now that his has been fixed, you did a good job, and I really like your formation. Great job. Can you go to roll20 to check ranges and see if the final position needs some fine-tuning?

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

:siren: The new rules require Divisional commanders to set an order of priority for Brigades that attempt to change their orders

I am prepared to cut you a little slack on this update, since I'm changing the rules in the middle of the battle, but note that in all updates going forward I must have a list from Divisional commanders telling me which brigades have priority when attempting to change their orders, even if only one or two are actually trying to change anything. It needs to look something like this and it must be separate from the part of your post which tells your brigades what to do:

96th Division

32nd Brigade, continue moving forward
33rd Brigade, turn west and secure [TOWN_NAME]
35th Brigade, retreat immediately
36th Brigade, halt, you are walking into a trap!
11th Cavalry, continue scouting ahead

Changing orders

1st. 36th Brigade
2nd. 32nd Brigade
3rd. 11th Cavalry
4th. 33rd Brigade
5th. 35th Brigade

If there is no order of priority I will choose it myself and you may not like the result.

Trin Tragula fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Feb 23, 2017

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
97th Brigade

Orders regarding brigade composition: I am taking command of the two infantry and one machine gun chits. I am also sending four artillery chits north to support the 99th. Once they are in position they are to take orders from the 99th Brigade commander.

Artillery: Always move unlimbered so that it can start firing the moment they are in position.

Movement: 97th Brigade is to move to the eastern part of the Dejeuner ridge and hold position.

When Dejeuner ridge is reached assume this formation.

Any chit marked with orange (The right most machine gun and the two infantry chits at the very end) are the ones I am attempting to add to my brigade.

Conditional Orders:

Enemy units in range of artillery: Halt and assume battle formation
Enemy Artillery: When assuming position make sure to be just out of range (19 inches away from any enemy artillery)

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Feb 23, 2017

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Ultimately, the primary objective is to put an aura of "gently caress YOU" on the western half of La Sanglant Femme. Misdirection about our intentions is optional, and completely secondary to the other objective.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

xthetenth posted:

(Basically I want to make sure I don't get my cav/mg picked off and my guns forced to run by morale checks. If anyone sees anything I'm overlooking, I'd be obliged.)

Please don't move your artillery chits just to make them look prettier on the map. (Yes, yes, I know we're French :v:) That's a turn spent not shooting the enemy. Moving your infantry is fine, though.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
For posterity and any observers, I have edited my brigade's orders after consultation with Mon Pere.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
My role this next 4 turns is largely passive; my current set of orders should resolve either possibility. I don't think shuffling my chits around will be helpful, so I don't think I'll need a runner this phase. If you do have any last minute orders, let me know in the thread, I will check it occasionally at work.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

sullat posted:

My role this next 4 turns is largely passive; my current set of orders should resolve either possibility. I don't think shuffling my chits around will be helpful, so I don't think I'll need a runner this phase. If you do have any last minute orders, let me know in the thread, I will check it occasionally at work.

Your brigade is anchoring our whole line as is, and is doing an excellent job, if I may say so. :)

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Should I move some infantry to fill the gap near the woods, or keep them where they are?

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Since I don't have time to post this later...

120th Brigade

Is to break off and adopt these positions, if not routed.

Enemy units in range of artillery: Halt and assume battle formation
Break off automatically when:Fight to the last man

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

thatbastardken posted:

Provisional Orders:

52e is to assume a defensive posture on the northern slopes of La Cote, maintaining sight lines and entrenching if possible

53e is to assume a defensive posture north-west of Baguende, maintaining sight lines and entrenching if possible

54e have done their duty for today.

55e is to hold position, protect their artillery and entrench if possible.

119e have done their duty for today.

120e should withdraw west beyond Nainville and protect their artillery

Priority:

1st - 53e

2nd - 120e

3rd - 52e

4th - 55e

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Loel posted:

Should I move some infantry to fill the gap near the woods, or keep them where they are?

All you would do is let the German guns pick off more companies. If you move your infantry, move your infantry (only) flush with your artillery, or behind the bois de baguette where the German guns don't have line of sight.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Loel posted:

I think stationing men within range of enemy artillery might not be the best idea in the current circumstances. :) Maybe have those poor bastards in that one chit still in range shuffle out of there, but the rest should stay where they are.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

my dad posted:

Please don't move your artillery chits just to make them look prettier on the map. (Yes, yes, I know we're French :v:) That's a turn spent not shooting the enemy. Moving your infantry is fine, though.

Thanks for pointing out that that's unclear, fixed as best as I can right now. (I had to recreate the position on a different map and forgot how I had them ordered).

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Fluffy version of the crunch in this post.

General Mon Pere, Corps Commander

General Tebeka, I am sorry but I cannot deploy any reserves to aid you. They are desperately needed elsewhere. Hold your ground, and make the Boche pay for any step. On ne passe pas!

General Bacarrette, you are to apply pressure towards St. Croissant, but avoid artillery duels with the enemy. All reserves will be assigned to you for coordination purposes. Use the first wave to secure the flank for Operation Guillotine, and be prepared to lead our forces to victory. En Avant!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Haha, I only just noticed that Tehan deployed only 6 infantry chits instead of 8. This should be fun :D

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Hunt11, I'm copy-pasting my comment to you from roll20

quote:

First, please make it clear which machine gun is the one you start with, and which one is the one you want to try to "recruit" into your brigade
Second: If you can, rearrange the flanks of your formation to let your second row of infantry shoot through the gaps
Shouldn't increase your width significantly, but would influence your firepower a great deal
I think the best spot for the machine guns would be behind your artillery

If you are around, you have one hour left to post any corrections to this thread.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

:siren: The adjudication begins...

The adjudication is over: results post pending...

Trin Tragula fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 23, 2017

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

:ohdear:

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp43OdtAAkM

Turn 14: 1330
French initiative

The 97th successfully impresses the remnants of the 96th Brigade into its own service, and heads up Dejeuner Ridge.

In the East, everyone seems to have mutually agreed to back off.

The 175th Brigade arrives as reinforcement, and sidles onto the far West of the map, hoping that nobody's noticed them.

The German advance party runs boldly up that hill and scatters your cavalry!

When it comes to their lives, the arse hortillery is now operating in a strict "use it or lose it" basis.

Turn 15: 1400
French initiative

The 120th pulls itself together, and the 97th steels itself for combat, its gunners sweating and puffing as they carry their pieces forward.

Your arse hortillery repels the charge, xthetenth adding his own fire to their efforts.

Two German brigades are now advancing on Dejeuner Ridge, it seems; the 97th opens fire and scores two suppressions.

Those Germans immediately attempt to rally, knowing it could be the difference between life and death.

Turn 16: 1430
French initiative

The German general, his infantry marching, his MGs ready, his guns unlimbering.

Tias! When his men fell!

Jacques, his guns disabled, his heart stirred.

Mon Pere, reaching for the brandy.

Turn 17: 1500
French initiative

Two German brigades summon up the courage, stiffen the blood, and cry "Gott for Harald, Deutschland, und Kaiser Bill!"

The guns go off, your own are now ready to fire and kill a German 77. They respond, suppressing two of your 75 batteries; unfortunately I placed the suppression chits underneath them and then didn't notice and fix it until the end of the turn.

That second machine gun proves vital, repelling an extra enemy company.

Your rifle fire forces back yet more opponents, but there are too many of them to kill them all!

Their hortillery lying dead, your surviving arses fail a morale check and retreat suppressed; La Oeuf is German, at least for the moment! The 97th's right is overrun; companies flee before they can join the ranks of the dead.

A German brigade south of Dejeuner Ridge suddenly makes a break for Baguette and makes it mostly intact; your gun line only manages to kill one company and suppress another.

The overview. Control of Dejeuner Ridge could still go either way...

(PS: The missing 75s have returned to Clemenceau, covered in all the detritus of the forest, and will be deployed, unlimbered, on the board in positions that the 99th's commander will now indicate. The whereabouts of those 155s are still unknown, although not for much longer.)

General Mon Pere nearly spills his brandy as the telephone rings. It's General Lyautey's chief of staff, who wishes to remind you that if you lose half of your remaining companies, the General will order the battle to be stopped. He also mentions that you may expect a BEF brigade to arrive at some point in the next four turns. He is apologetic that he cannot give you a more exact time, nor can he give any more precise report of their expected point of entry than "somewhere on Clemenceau Ridge".

You have lost 117 companies. The enemy has lost 128.

:siren: The next soft deadline is Saturday 25th at 5pm GMT.

Special Supplementary Horticultural Update

Your men at Clemenceau have completed trenches and gun-pits for themselves; its Engineer has used up its allotment of barbed wire and awaits further orders. Other units are currently entrenching at the following locations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

We are in a splendid position to flank through the city of Brioche.

Edit: based on tbe ferocity of the attack, I think we can say quatreprolis is the definitive target. Do we want to send a company or two to our northern objective?

Loel fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 24, 2017

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
For us start the battle end countdown, we need to take Faibleimpot and let the Corps HQ know. I don't know what kind of brigade finagling we need to do in order to make it happen.

Slim Jim Pickens fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 24, 2017

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Putting this up for vote:

Should I send the following taunt to the enemy thread, in the form of "secret recording from the highest level of Entente staff meeting":

quote:

To a moderately modified version of this

*sad drum and trumpet*

Mon Pere: We're losing, men! Fall back! Ugh, it's just like 40 years ago, when the Boche first attacked. If only we had something to give us an edge!
<unknown voice> Might I suggest something, sir?
Mon Pere: Yeah, what is it? I'll try anything at this point!
<unknown voice>Well, I have determined, scientifically, that the only thing that can defeat the Boche, is the power, OF ENTENTE!

*music changes to upbeat*

To save our sister France from any German attack,
From vicious giant Hun brigades who once again come back,
We'll unleash all our forces, we won't cut them any slack!
THE B.E.F. DEPLOYS!

Our soldiers are prepared for any Central Power threats,
The Navy launches ships, and the Air Force has their pets,
And nothing can withstand our fixed bayonets!
THE B.E.F. DEPLOYS!

French forces may have dwindled and they pull back to regroup!
But now our armies multiply and form a massive group!
We're gonna beat the Huns and turn them all into goop!
THE B.E.F. DEPLOYS!
THE B.E.F. DEPLOYS!

my dad fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 24, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Yes but have it be delayed to when they get on the field.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

I mean. Only after BEF makes contact with them.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

send

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Of course the Germans manage to escape from the east basically untouched whilst almost everything on our west flank gets mulched.

Also I fully support any taunts to the Boche.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Huh. I'm not sure how to react to a turn without massive casualties among my brigades.

Maybe I need to launch a fresh offensive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Opsec!

• Locked thread