Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

RNG posted:

Assuming the google hits refer to the same person, domestic battery 2 years ago, aggravated arson this year, 5'8 and 300 lbs.

No wonder the ladies can't keep off his dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

No wonder the ladies can't keep off his dick.

It sounds more like he's probably having trouble keeping off dicks, now

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

There are people in the comments congratulating themselves and each other for being "proven" right about choosing not to exercise

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

i'm the casual racism

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I just pretend it's one of Dr Suchongs recordings from Bioshock

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

oldpainless posted:

There are people in the comments congratulating themselves and each other for being "proven" right about choosing not to exercise

hey, at least you know who to cut out of your life!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

i'm the casual racism

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Should have been 'Rove this Doctor LONG TIME'. A missed opportunity.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Make Love to this Doctor!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

oldpainless posted:

I just pretend it's one of Dr Suchongs recordings from Bioshock

Would you kindly take nap?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I'm the ironically bad :iiaca: since some cars need harder driving to maintain proper motor function.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Not to mention if you let a car sit for too long, the battery dies.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

walrusman posted:

Why would you brag about such a pathetically short distance of walking? You broke your wrist being a dumbass, you didn't get your legs blown off by an IED. If you're making poo poo up, go for the gusto. Then again, it's really only one story ("I fell and hurt myself"), which is plausible, so maybe he's not making it up and is really just being weird about a specific distance.

Guarantee the person who wrote this never walks further than the distance from their parking spot to the grocery store. So 1/8 mile sounds like a huge distance, not slightly less than two city blocks.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Tired Moritz posted:

hey, at least you know who to cut out of your life!

they'll see themselves out soon enough, really

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
I love these sheltered suburbanite tropers adding qualifiers to their mundane childhood bumps and bruises to try and sound like it's a miracle they survived. I think one of them earlier mentioned that they fell in "the hard Arizona dirt" in an effort to make "I fell and it kinda hurt a little" sound badass.

That, and the ubiquitous "my doc couldn't explain it!!!" because their family pediatrician was certainly not just giving a good-natured talking-up to the bruised 10-year-old who took it way seriously.

What I'm saying is that I have an especial love for the troper stories that probably did happen but are weirdly glorified unremarkable happenings. More of those, please.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Ugh

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

My big question is: how do you reach the point where you have to lie about a doctor agreeing with you, and still never think "maybe I'm the wrong one"

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Danaru posted:

My big question is: how do you reach the point where you have to lie about a doctor agreeing with you, and still never think "maybe I'm the wrong one"

Nowhere does it say she's a medical doctor.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
Doctor of General Wellness and Holistic Awareness Medicinal Alternatives

DragQueenofAngmar has a new favorite as of 03:17 on Feb 23, 2017

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Chiropractors call themselves doctors all the time.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The Dr. likes them unvaccinated because it means more billings.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
I believe it if by "doctor" they mean "homeopath who prescribes essential oils for cancer" and by "my colleagues" they mean "actual medical professionals."

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

Hey, non-vaccinated kids will supply the Dr with a larger revenue stream. Think about all the patients she will see with diseases no one else sees, including the non-vaccinated kids that will have serious side effects such as being paralyzed!

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

kimbo305 posted:

I'm the ironically bad :iiaca: since some cars need harder driving to maintain proper motor function.

Diesel engines in particular go to poo poo relatively quickly if they aren't loaded up and worked regularly.

So actually the engine-as-heart analogy holds up pretty good I'd say.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Toupee Groupie posted:

Hey, non-vaccinated kids will supply the Dr with a larger revenue stream. Think about all the patients she will see with diseases no one else sees, including the non-vaccinated kids that will have serious side effects such as being paralyzed!

Those sweet, sweet referral kickbacks. :homebrew:

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
They didn't believe in any kind of left handers are a Satan or anything but my brother was forced to write with his right hand (got timeouts if he wrote with his left hand) and as an adult writes horrendous unreadable chicken scratch, with his right hand.

E: everything else is bullshit obvs

CROWS EVERYWHERE has a new favorite as of 07:16 on Feb 23, 2017

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I had to learn to write with my right hand thanks to my insane grandmother. My brother refused.

I do bat and golf left, though.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

AlbieQuirky posted:

I had to learn to write with my right hand thanks to my insane grandmother. My brother refused.

I do bat and golf left, though.

This is the first I'm hearing of this kind of insane poo poo. Why would adults force kids to write with their right hands if they're left-handed?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

This is the first I'm hearing of this kind of insane poo poo. Why would adults force kids to write with their right hands if they're left-handed?

This was absolutely commonplace. My grandfather was left-handed and would be beaten by the teachers if not writing right-handed. It started dying out in my parents' generation depending on where you went to school and has completely disappeared now, but left-handedness was seen extremely negatively and some loving idiots decided it needed to be stomped out (the word "sinister" comes from the Latin for "left", even).

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Yep, my mom (born in '54) was hit with a ruler for writing left handed, albeit in a lovely rural school with older teachers. She now has impeccable handwriting with both hands.

edit: Don't think she got every teacher at the school fired, though. That story is a trip - did they come from a place without unions? Did they just close the school down while they mass-promoted preschool teachers and gave them crash courses in fractions and made them read Where the Red Fern Grows at gunpoint?

walrusman has a new favorite as of 09:02 on Feb 23, 2017

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
A lot of it has to do with weird religious bs, some of it though stems back to the use of dip ink pens in schools.

My mom went to catholic school but was allowed to keep using her left hand b/c her penmanship was so much better than her righthanded classmates :shobon:

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
Yeah, lucky this kind of thing doesn't happen any more, and lefties are no longer forced to become righties. By which I mean "not since 2015 in Oklahoma by some whackjob".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...right-hand.html

Bonus: even if the story didn't happen, it's still thread appropriate content! But as far as I know/can tell, it happened.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I didn't get hit, but my kindergarten teacher in the 90s forced me to become right-handed. It actually stuck to the point where I'm effectively right-handed now with crappy handwriting and no way to go back.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

The answer is "catholics". I'm 30 and grew up in New England and know people my age who were forced to use their right hands over their left, so it's not that far gone (if it is at all).

My father is a lefty and said he got whacked by the nuns in school pretty often but just didn't change cuz it was cool and rebellious or something.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
My Grandfather was frequently smacked on the back of his head and hand for writing with the left.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

oldpainless posted:

It's extra weird because this is a small part of a larger joke. He says other goofy poo poo like candy being good for you because it makes you happy or whatever. There's more than that, enough that it should be obvious to the most dense among us that it's not a serious attempt at medical advice.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
My grandmother also went to a catholic school and was forced by the nuns to change to right handed writing. It sounds super fake because it's really nutty but it did (does?) happen. When she was alive, she told me that the explanation was the Latin words for left and right deriving from sinister and dexter. Possibly part of it tapering off is due to Catholics leaving a lot of the Latin they used for mass behind.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

It is/was actually not just a Catholic problem, tons of parents and schools and whatnot forced children to use their right hand. In many Asian countries this is apparently still the norm, even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
I mean tbf yes writing with a liquid ink pen can be an exercise in frustration as a lefty due to smearing the ink as you write unless you have that super formal hand position they try to make you do