Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

What is the practical purpose of all that "hair"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

IUG posted:

What is the practical purpose of all that "hair"?

Looking cool is practical. :colbert:

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
I just love how three of those guys just pull out their phones with the most apathetic looks on their faces.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Cornwind Evil posted:

Except Troma.

Huh, they actually made her armor look like a practical mech battle suit instead of 'swimsuit model covered in shiny metal'.

posted before, but badass also

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Threep posted:

Wild Storm #1 (the new one): Angie Spica (the Engineer) is not happy being a superhero, but someone has to do something

(cut out a few pages of transformation sequence)

After she transformed she looks like Danger from X-Men.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I see a Predator-Terminator hybrid.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Everyone knows the only real terminator/predator hybrid is Death's Head 2.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 21, 2017

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

wait, what the gently caress is going on in the foot area

did he just step off an invisible curb

is he skipping

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

Everyone knows the only real terminator/preadator hybrid is Death's Head 2.

I'm his heart shaped genitalia

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Everyone knows the only real terminator/preadator hybrid is Death's Head 2.

When those comics were released in Finland he was in fact named "Terminator" in the translation.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I'm not sure if worse art of death's head 2 exists

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Jiro posted:

After she transformed she looks like Danger from X-Men.

I think that's her inter-transformation look. Her post-transformation look is like some kind of Metal Gear robot.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Is this some reboot? I stopped bothering with the authority after they went through a long post-apoc arc, had a heartwarming midnighter/apollo moment, got a new writer on the next issue and Midnighter immediately punched out a harmless old man civilian for mouthing off.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yep. Warren Ellis just started a new universe. It's separate from the DC Universe, which still have their own versions of Wildstorm folks (especially Midnighter and Apollo, who's recent comics are amazing https://www.comixology.com/Midnighter-2015-2016/comics-series/44163?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L2Rlc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzdC9zZXJpZXNTbGlkZXI https://www.comixology.com/Midnight...XN1bHRzU2xpZGVy )

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Well, looks like I've got some readin' to do.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhaka posted:

Is this some reboot? I stopped bothering with the authority after they went through a long post-apoc arc, had a heartwarming midnighter/apollo moment, got a new writer on the next issue and Midnighter immediately punched out a harmless old man civilian for mouthing off.
Full reboot. First issue stars Angie, Zealot, and Voodoo.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Threep posted:

(cut out a few pages of transformation sequence)

What! This sounds like the best part

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Chinaman7000 posted:

What! This sounds like the best part

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

He was right, that rules

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Teenage Fansub posted:

Yep. Warren Ellis just started a new universe.

Just another day on the muddy banks of the Thames for him, I suppose. :allears:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Doc Hawkins posted:

Just another day on the muddy banks of the Thames for him, I suppose. :allears:

I don't care if it's not cool to like Warren Ellis any more; I still think he's great. :)

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I loved how he wiped out Stormwatch.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I like the part where she grits her teeth while screaming aaah and then opens her mouth silently after.

That art is actually not good.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

prefect posted:

I don't care if it's not cool to like Warren Ellis any more; I still think he's great. :)

He released a weird and scary book recently. It's cool and good. He also was great on Moon Knight, and Injection is pretty awesome even if I have no idea what's going on.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
What was that big bash up with I think Marvel UK with Deaths Head in it. I remember really liking the art and I want to say it was Bryan Hitch but that doesn't sound right. I think there were some sort of aliens involved or something. I dunno it was a crossover with a couple of other titles I think.

edit:

I think through my research I am thinking of Mys Tech Wars on Marvel UK Imprint. gently caress I am old.

Yep. This was bad rear end.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 23, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Warren Ellis is fine when he can actually get a book out on time. The reason people are souring on him is his constant inability to do that, not the quality of his writing. I've learned my lesson after too many times now. I'm not going to buy another Ellis book until it has some collections out.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Moon Knight (2014) #5

X-O posted:

I'm not going to buy another Ellis book until it has some collections out.

:same: but buy his real book. It's a lot better than his other books.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man
"Wuh huh fuh" was pretty good.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Well, that's a painful way to get your nipples pierced.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
Now that's what I call a titty twister.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

X-O posted:

Warren Ellis is fine when he can actually get a book out on time. The reason people are souring on him is his constant inability to do that, not the quality of his writing. I've learned my lesson after too many times now. I'm not going to buy another Ellis book until it has some collections out.

There was a Desolation Jones collection and then nothing else ;(

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Nevvy Z posted:

:same: but buy his real book. It's a lot better than his other books.

I've read Crooked Little Vein (deviant amusement) and Gun Machine (clever crime fiction), how does Normal compare to them?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

I've read Crooked Little Vein (deviant amusement) and Gun Machine (clever crime fiction), how does Normal compare to them?

It's about futurism and a special retreat for people who get a bad case of abyss gaze. It feels familiar but none of the swearing and punching.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I'm normally not one to gush about "bad rear end" characters' ultra violent fight scenes, but I really do admire that Moon Knight scene posted. It's got an understated efficiency to its panels you just often don't see in those kinds of scenes. Like, every panel shows you exactly as much of the action as you need to see to follow it. It's a small thing, but something a lot of creators misstep in their layouts, and screw with their own pacing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There are so may comics published in the last decade+ where I have no idea what the gently caress's going on in the fight scenes.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Azubah posted:

I loved how he wiped out Stormwatch.

It is pretty hilarious how he chose to go about it. It would be like if they killed off half the Justice League in a crossover with, I don't know, Freddy Krueger or the Cloverfield monster or something.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

From The Old Guard #1

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Lurdiak posted:

There are so may comics published in the last decade+ where I have no idea what the gently caress's going on in the fight scenes.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I don't know, those pages are at least supposed to be an explosion of chaotic violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Choco1980 posted:

I'm normally not one to gush about "bad rear end" characters' ultra violent fight scenes, but I really do admire that Moon Knight scene posted. It's got an understated efficiency to its panels you just often don't see in those kinds of scenes. Like, every panel shows you exactly as much of the action as you need to see to follow it. It's a small thing, but something a lot of creators misstep in their layouts, and screw with their own pacing.

Ellis + Shalvey + Bellaire = drat Good Comics.