Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

No, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
You can't really blame people for seeing a purple skin and thinking it was the fairly overplayed void motif.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Nah

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ed: balls wtoeng thrade shory

Addamere fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Feb 23, 2017

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Go gently caress yourself

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

henkman posted:

Go gently caress yourself

Addamere posted:

ed: balls wtoeng thrade shory

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Transient People posted:

No, that change destroys her. If it goes through MF is donezo

plus it's a loving retarded change because it makes her much less fun to play too

It takes a lot of the skill out of the champ and is not a great change but MF will still be really strong without that. I mean right now MF Q bounce can literally 1-shot an ADC or support in the right circumstances, nerfing that doesn't make her an un-viable champ.

BTW here are my plans for playing MF in 7.4: build exactly the same items as in 7.3, with the possible exception of building Mortal Reminder over Lord Dominic's Regards every single game.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

After getting my account from what can be transferring hell, what should I know and change in my runes and masteries. I last played when Jinx was new

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Stevefin posted:

After getting my account from what can be transferring hell, what should I know and change in my runes and masteries. I last played when Jinx was new

I'm often in a similar situation, I take large chunks of time away from league. I just use champion.gg and go from there really.

Also my NA account was recently recovered (made it in NZ before regions were introduced) and its got some whack runes. My ADC page has attack speed, my tank book has like +150 HP. Think I was playing a lot of shen at the time when his passive scaled off HP.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Stevefin posted:

check champion.gg or lolalytics.com for specific champions although you can make like 3 or 4 generic rune pages and cover everything decently

marksman/ad
9x ad red
9x armour yellow
9x mr blue
3x aspd quint

mage/mid
9x magic pen red
9x hp/scaling hp yellow
9x scaling ap or scaling cdr or mr blue
3x ap quint

top/jungle tank
9x aspd red
9x hp/scaling hp yellow
9x scaling mr blue
3x armour quint

support
9x magic pen red
9x flat hp yellow
9x flat ap blue
2x armour quint 1x ap quint

Masteries same sites as above, generally pick what keystone you want (Warlords, Thunderlords, Grasp, etc) and build your page around it, most of the choices each tier are fairly straightforward.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
wow they actually buffing support in 7.4

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Bard buffs. :xc

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Luna Was Here posted:

but a lot of people said Zyra actually???

also loving hilarious we're getting a dragon themed skin for Zyra before Dragon Tamer Swain lmfaooooooooo

Pretty weird that they are making a sexy skin for the sexy lady as opposed to the rarely played cripple, makes you think...

We do need a Doctor House Swain skin though, with a Vicodin pill in place of Beatrice.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Buying this ward asap

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Riot fist ward for life

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Buying this ward asap

It's the first ward skin I think that kinda fits a ward.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Slaapaav posted:

im fine with leblanc not being a champion for a while.

As a meta slave and op champ abuser I will feel bad for a few days until I find something else Riot didn't nerf or became op indirectly. I have just been playing Corki/Jayce and Leblanc lately. Such fun champs to play also playing them means I don't get to play vs them.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

but a lot of people said Zyra actually???

also loving hilarious we're getting a dragon themed skin for Zyra before Dragon Tamer Swain lmfaooooooooo

monstrous characters dont get any love, easier to just make monstrous skins of normal guys and ladies

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Holy lol the leblanc changes on PBE

Distortion does a whopping 100 + 0.2 AP damage...at max rank. Talk about kneecapping!

(this is good, gently caress leblanc)

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Neurolimal posted:

monstrous characters dont get any love, easier to just make monstrous skins of normal guys and ladies

I'd bet in general transforming characters are a gigantic pain in the rear end even if they briefly sit in one form. Udyr has like no skins as a result

Still Swain is entirely way too unpopular for anyone to want a skin out of him and anyone really clamoring for dragon lord swain or whatever doesn't even play the drat character but wants to whine about things Morello said five or six plus years ago

gently caress, does Morello even work for Riot anymore?

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 23, 2017

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

pretty sure hes been working on an unannounced project for a few years now

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Yeah Morello's still there he is just working on a non-League game

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Huh.

The latest Ask Riot had a pretty cool lore tidbit for Malzahar, about that dagger he's got: http://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/2017/02/ask-riot-malzahar-kills-the-lady/

It's the little things like these that show that Riot is leveling up their storytelling game, even if it's slowly.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Transient People posted:

Distortion does a whopping 100 + 0.2 AP damage...at max rank. Talk about kneecapping!

PBE values can be reverted to previous values if it seems too much but I think even the values from yesterday were a huge nerf. This will definitely put LB out of the s tier unless q max is works really well but I don't know. Also I feel like they need to nerf Camille she might be even stronger with the new Cleaver and Ferocity buffs. Her e cd is way too low late game you can close more distance than a LB.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Transient People posted:

It's fine, her passive damage is still insane. They've been trying to do this forever, as she always got way too much out of leveling w. It would be like if Zed could keep all his poke damage and not have to deal with a 20+ second cd on shadow during laning phase.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

this dagger has a dark and mysterious past

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
that dagger's been in the poo poo

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Servaetes posted:

I'd bet in general transforming characters are a gigantic pain in the rear end even if they briefly sit in one form. Udyr has like no skins as a result

Still Swain is entirely way too unpopular for anyone to want a skin out of him and anyone really clamoring for dragon lord swain or whatever doesn't even play the drat character but wants to whine about things Morello said five or six plus years ago

gently caress, does Morello even work for Riot anymore?

That is true, since you need to design multiple characters' for one skin. I still think its kind of silly how much focus they usually put on the humanoid heroes, would be interested in seeing if its a chicken/egg "this hero doesnt get skins because nobody likes this hero because this hero has no skins/isnt involved as heavily in stuff", or if its just as simple as people being really boring and preferring people cosplaying.

Speaking of dragon stuff, one of the dragontamer chromas is a reference to DOTA2 Dragon Knight, which is cool.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'm sure we can all agree that Teemo has more skins than he deserves.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I'm sure we can all agree that Teemo has more skins than he deserves.

Teemo annoys me in that he would be pretty cute if he had normal animal black beady eyes instead of ^_^

Only one that works for is devil teemo IMO

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I hate Teemo as a champion and entity but his laugh is pretty great.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Ulio posted:

Never underestimate the power of the scout's code.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Ulio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNaAu6O3eBM

Teemo laughs at your pain. He laughs. He feeds.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Kokoro Wish posted:

I have to hand it to Riot on Little Devil Teemo. After years of people literally calling Teemo "Satan" they just said "yeah ok let's make that a thing.

HAIL STAN.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why does my LP gained drop after every win? I've won 8 games in a row to win my promos from S3->S2, and then 0 lp -> 67 (i think). The past three games I got 24 for the first, 23 for the second, and 22 for the third. Shouldn't it be the other way around? I have a 63% winrate and my MMR (according to na.op.gg) is gold 5, so I don't think I'm getting past my MMR.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

I've lost my gold promos 3 times now. I'm not even sure if I've had more than 1 win across all 3 promos. As soon as I get in there it's loving troll city. Just had a loss due to my JG inting for no reason any of us could figure out.
Just straight up walking into the enemy nexus, "XD!! I got far that time!".

The next game: My JG apologetically told us his keyboard wasn't activating his abilities, so he had to mouse click all of his abilities and would not be PVPing this round.

Take me now Jesus.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

your friend a dog posted:

Why does my LP gained drop after every win? I've won 8 games in a row to win my promos from S3->S2, and then 0 lp -> 67 (i think). The past three games I got 24 for the first, 23 for the second, and 22 for the third. Shouldn't it be the other way around? I have a 63% winrate and my MMR (according to na.op.gg) is gold 5, so I don't think I'm getting past my MMR.
LP gain is also affected by the MMR of whoever else ended up in the game you just played. It's possible your later games were actually against slightly weaker opponents due to matchmaker not always finding perfect matches and having to compromise a bit.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Anyone playing Cho'Gath now? I keep trying to eat people but there's this weird delay that keeps getting me killed. He gets really big at 7 stacks tho (two was dragons).

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ShadowHawk posted:

LP gain is also affected by the MMR of whoever else ended up in the game you just played. It's possible your later games were actually against slightly weaker opponents due to matchmaker not always finding perfect matches and having to compromise a bit.

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kokoro Wish posted:

I hadn't realized Devil Teemo was a Halloween specific skin so now I have to wait all year to revel in the sadism. :smith:

• Locked thread