Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Eh. I suppose he'll be able to play every game at least.

Can't help thinking this means a lot more Priestland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Mark "Olympic Silver Medallist" Bennett is off to Edinburgh.

Poor bastard.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Blergh we're losing Strauss and Reid. The new guy is going to have his work cut out for him. Hope we have a good transfer budget so we can bring in some new guys.

Bennett going to Edinburgh is going to kill off his career. It's a bit weird how much he's fallen out of favour.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

WMain00 posted:

Blergh we're losing Strauss and Reid. The new guy is going to have his work cut out for him. Hope we have a good transfer budget so we can bring in some new guys.

Bennett going to Edinburgh is going to kill off his career. It's a bit weird how much he's fallen out of favour.

I think Rennie is bringing in Callum Gibbins from the Hurricanes, they've signed a prop and a fly-half from the Stormers and Huw Jones is moving at some point. Not sure if they'll fill the gaps that Strauss, Reid, Favaro and Bennett will leave but Rennie is a good coach so hopefully knows what he's doing.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Rip Greg's ankle, murdered by the French.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Blergh that's a pretty big blow. Johnny Gray can fit into the captaincy role, but the only option to replace Laidlaw is Weir, who isn't the best of players, of Price, who admittedly did well against France, but is a bit young and stupid sometimes.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Eh they're better off without his stupid miserable face and slow pass

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

I wouldn't put Weir in at 9, I'd leave Price there, who while young and a bit dumb, is playing well at club level and is much faster than Laidlaw. Scotland will lose the game control he brings but hopefully that gets replaced with serious pace from the ruck which Scotland and Glasgow seem to thrive off.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

I always thought Hidalgo Clyne was decent too but he seems to have dropped off

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Yeah, he looked to be just about ready for regular international duty but then fell off a cliff for some reason :(

He's not even the starting Edinburgh SH anymore.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Josh Strauss is out with a kidney injury for the rest of the 6N.

Fuckballs.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is that code for "needs to flush the Peds out of his system"? We must be due a good drug scandal.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

goatface posted:

Is that code for "needs to flush the Peds out of his system"? We must be due a good drug scandal.

Well Dan Carter was caught drink driving if that counts?

I suspect it's bruised internal organs but hopefully not to Chris Paterson levels of organ destruction.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Feb 17, 2017

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, if he's pissing red then it's probably a bad idea to do anything active. He finished the match didn't he?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Yeah, finished the match and got scanned afterwards so hopefully not too serious and it just needs extended rest to recover from it.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
If I was in the situation of one bad landing potentially landing me on dialysis or even the transplant list you better believe I'm sitting out the rest of the tournament.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Pretty much. Like I say, hopefully it's not Chris Paterson levels of ruptured kidneys/needing to retire and it's just a bad bruise.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
What kind of Demonic Pact did Scotland sign, for the sake of beating Ireland?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They're Scotlanding the tournament instead of on a game by game basis. It's a whole new level.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Tyma posted:

What kind of Demonic Pact did Scotland sign, for the sake of beating Ireland?

The Scotland curse has always been there, it just moved from our backs to our forwards.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

How close is Denton to full fitness? None of the Glasgow/Edinburgh back row have looked to clever this weekend.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Glasgow are getting skullfucked by shite refereeing. Ulster deserve to be winning but so many missed high tackles and that yellow is a joke.

E: Shite reffing all round it seems, never a try but :lol: at Marshall getting beaten for pace by a lock.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 18, 2017

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Probably a fair result in the end, however it did really show how clueless we are without Pienaar, he had a great game today and elevates the players around him.

Referee was a bit of a joke throughout though, apparently it's only his 4th match in the league but it really showed through in how he handled the game.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Aye, the breakdown was all over the shop and the were so many forward passes from both sides going unchecked. I'm not sure this was the match I would throw an inexperienced ref into with both sides desperate for points to get into the top 4 where an experienced head would control the game better.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Does anyone attend club rugby games in Wales? Could have been the location of the cameras but there was nobody at the Ospreys game

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There was a crowd of a bit under 9000 apparently. It shouldn't be that surprising, people show up to watch the Dragons play Italian sides on a sandpit.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That's not so bad but it is still Ospreys v Munster, that's a huge game in the Pro 12

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's about what the English Premiership sides get. Rugby draws crowds closer to English League 1 football, or Scottish Premiership not involving Rangers or Celtic.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

goatface posted:

It's about what the English Premiership sides get. Rugby draws crowds closer to English League 1 football, or Scottish Premiership not involving Rangers or Celtic.

That sounded a bit low and I recall that Wasps were only managing about 7000 before their move so I did a bit of searching and some stats. I'm a Tigers fan so that explains by skewed view but generally looks like Aviva Premiership sides do a bit better than that.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

the attendance at bristol games is usually pretty high, shame fans get nothing to show for it

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am a trained astrophysicist, within a factor of 2 is basically equivalent.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

julian assflange posted:

Does anyone attend club rugby games in Wales? Could have been the location of the cameras but there was nobody at the Ospreys game

Attendance was announced to the crowd as 7800. The capacity is 20,000 and only ever gets reached during Ospresys vs Scarlets games, or when the Wales national team play there. The seats behind either try line aren't used unless the East and West stand both fill up.

During the last 10 minutes of the game, the crowd became increasingly agitated with the referee, started leaving their seats, and walked down to the lower stand. The Ospreys still have an old-school Club House that fans and players congregate in after the game, so it's usual for a thousand or so spectators to leave early, to beat the queues to the bar, or try and get the first bus home. What people usually do is leave their seats early, gather in the lower concourse (which is wide enough to hold the majority of the stadium) to watch the last few moments of the game, and then applaud the players off the pitch before leaving quickly through the fire exits. The referee caught a lot of poo poo last night, and from where we were standing in the lower tier, I counted 4 possible yellow-card offenses from Munster's defense, and the fans that didn't leave early were absolutely enraged. When he hosed up his final whistle, I genuinely thought people were going to start throwing things onto the pitch. As soon as he called the whistle for real, the stadium emptied in seconds, because the stewards were ushering us out quicker than a fire drill.

I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to, but I think 8.000 is about the average number for an Ospreys game that doesn't involve either The Scarlets or Leicester. It was a big game, but it was contested at a time when most supporters are disenfranchised with the national team, and although there are 5,000 Season Ticket owners who will show up regardless, it's an impossible time to attract fair-weather supporters. One of the promotions for last night's game was that Crabbies were literally giving out free alcohol outside the ground.

Bonus Edit : At one point, a Munster fan in the front row stood up, and punched our mascot in the face.

Tyma fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 19, 2017

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Dan Vickerman has died overnight, aged 37 leaving behind his wife and two kids. What the gently caress.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Just read about that. gently caress.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
hosed up is what it is.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It turns out it was suicide. The last thing he did was call a friend to tell him what he was up to. I can't even begin to imagine how horrific it would be to get a call like that.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Poor sod. That's just awful for everyone involved :(

In other slightly cheerier news, Richard Cockerill is now doomed hired to coach Edinburgh next year.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Of course, lost in all the doom and gloom is the great news that Christian Leali'ifano's leukemia has gone into remission, and may yet resume his career.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Mark Reason says creatine is killing everyone:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/opinion/89630838/mark-reason-cult-of-silence-is-killing-too-many-of-our-young-men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Super rugby is back! Kiwis still good, Aussies still bad, kiwis playing for Aussie teams still the worst. Not sure anyone gives a gently caress about the saffers....