Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Mindblast posted:

Last time I tried that button it gave an error. I'll give it a go again later.

Yup, no matter how I find the page, google, clicking through, or whatever, they all give errors and have no price. Looks like we just have to wait for someone to come in and pres butan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

You're my hero buddy, thank you

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

lets hang out posted:

defaults to english voices and text on a us account

here's a hot tip for anyone who's like "i'm gonna start on hard because i'm a tough guy": be really proactive about healing yourself, the auto chip does not work like it did in the demo

Are the menu and wep descriptions in ENG too? Just curious since I have 2 weeks to go.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Alder posted:

Are the menu and wep descriptions in ENG too? Just curious since I have 2 weeks to go.

From watching people stream it, I believe so.

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Alder posted:

From what I've seen on the 2 streams I peaked at real quick, yes, everything is in english.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Only thing out of the ordinary is having to use the circle button to confirm instead of x. If you run it on your English account you won't even have to stumble through to pick a language, everything is English from the moment it starts up.

And I guess if you have some account weirdness that prevents you from doing that language is like the top thing in the options, just like in the demo.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 22, 2017

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

Does anyone mind telling me how much Automata costs? I'm picking out PSN cards from Play-Asia and the online JP PSN store doesn't list the price.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

lets hang out posted:

Only thing out of the ordinary is having to use the circle button to confirm instead of x. If you run it on your English account you won't even have to stumble through to pick a language, everything is English from the moment it starts up.

Now the wait is going to kill me :sigh:

I wish I knew the reason for the 2 week delay too. Maybe to stop reverse importing? The game is already $60-70 in USA.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

dazat posted:

Does anyone mind telling me how much Automata costs? I'm picking out PSN cards from Play-Asia and the online JP PSN store doesn't list the price.

It's a little under 8500 yen.

It'll be just under 430 Hong Kong dollars when the store updates. It's the middle of the night there but the window for store updates opens at 9am there, which is roughly 2am GMT or 5pm PST.

430 HKD is significantly less than 8500 yen.
I would recommend waiting for the Hong Kong store to update first and making a decision then.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

dazat posted:

It's 8424 yen.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's a little under 8500 yen.

Tomie knows me posted:

It's 8424 yen.

Thank you both!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It'll be just under 430 Hong Kong dollars when the store updates. It's the middle of the night there but the window for store updates opens at 9am there, which is roughly 2am GMT or 5pm PST.

430 HKD is significantly less than 8500 yen.
I would recommend waiting for the Hong Kong store to update first and making a decision then.

Also thank you for this advice! I'm itching to buy it, but this could potentially save me a whole $30.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yo youtube is starting to throw NIER AUTOMATA BOSS #2 videos at me in the suggested for you window- is there a way to make it stop?

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6125535?hl=en

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
it kinda bugs me that a demo for this game exists but isn't available on PC... and then teasing such an awesome PC release date and pulling it sucks, but from a marketing standpoint, they will make more money from the people who want it now not waiting for the pc port than they will lose from indecisive consumers who will hold out forever

Just gimme the drat demo on steam!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
is there a list of weapons available? My one issue with the demo was that the swords felt pretty samey except one was slow one was fast.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

is there a list of weapons available? My one issue with the demo was that the swords felt pretty samey except one was slow one was fast.

Have you tried fighting unarmed in the demo? You get a whole new moveset.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Tatum Girlparts posted:

There was a video on Youtube making the rounds yesterday showcasing weapon types. I don't know if it's all there is, but they showed sword, great sword, hand-to-hand (bare fist or gauntlets), and polearm.

This one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhj7L4DmdyQ

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Alright, now the psn is being weird. Is anyone able to get a link to this on the JP PSN that works?

Sometimes when I click what should be the button for the game I get the 'You can not display the requested page' error, and sometimes when I click it, I get sent to the page for the demo.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

exser posted:

Alright, now the psn is being weird. Is anyone able to get a link to this on the JP PSN that works?

Sometimes when I click what should be the button for the game I get the 'You can not display the requested page' error, and sometimes when I click it, I get sent to the page for the demo.

It's up for real now.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja-jp/%e3%82%b2%e3%83%bc%e3%83%a0/nierautomata/cid=JP0082-CUSA02517_00-ANDROIDS20030612

Who wants to tell me what's good on Japanese PSN for the 1500 yen I have left over now. :v:

Eleeleth fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 23, 2017

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

On top of new weapons, big/small sword you can switch the buttons on them, giving both completely different moves.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-21-nier-automatas-japanese-launch-tomorrow-has-english-subtitles

not only does the Japanese version have English subtitles, it's got English voice acting. AND English is the default setting.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

BabelFish posted:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-21-nier-automatas-japanese-launch-tomorrow-has-english-subtitles

not only does the Japanese version have English subtitles, it's got English voice acting. AND English is the default setting.

Pretty sure the default setting is your system's default language for this game. I doubt it launches in English for the Japanese players.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

That's how the demo worked, yeah.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

had my minimap inexplicably disappear at one point, checked the chip and it was still there, loading a save game got it back :shrug:

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Bought that HK version. Just beat where the demo ended. Now I can't save until the rest of the game finishes downloading, haha. I hope I don't get a blackout right now. 65 mins to go, PSN download speeds are pretty fast tonight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Got the HK version downloading while I go back to bed because it's 5am.
It's gonna be a good day today.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
What's the idiot's guide to purchasing the HK version? Also, does it work the same as a NA purchase in terms of being able to log into my regular PSN and play or do I have to change my region or account or something every time I'd like to play Nier? I'm happy to wait but if it's effectively identical I might as well get it now.

Edit: -v- Thanks much. I will sleep on it and make a decision in the morning!

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Feb 23, 2017

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

HK version is super easy to get. Mainly because the HK store is in English.

1) Register for a new account at http://store.playstation.com/#!/en-hk/home/games
- You will need a separate email account from your general use PSN one.

2) Purchase digital PSN HK Cash from Play-Asia. I just bought the $500 HKD one, you might save a few bucks if you buy $300 + $80 + $80. The game itself is $428 HKD.
http://www.play-asia.com/playstation-network-500-hkd-psn-card-hk/13/707ex7

3) Buy Nier: Automata:
http://store.playstation.com/#!/en-hk/games/nierautomata/cid=JP0082-CUSA02517_00-ASIAOIDS20030612

4) Sign in to your HK PSN account on your PS4, set your PS4 as primary.

5) Download the game

6) Sign in with your general use PSN account so you can get trophies and saves on your profile.

There is no region swapping for PS4 so once its downloaded (as long as you set the HK account to use your PS4 as the primary one), you can play it on your normal profile easily. However, if any DLC gets released in the future, you would need to purchase it from the HK account. You can't apply US DLC to HK games.

EDIT TO ADD: MAKE SURE YOU PURCHASE THE ENGLISH/JAPANESE VERSION!!! Some guy on Neogaf accidentally purchased the Chinese version (which also has English/Japanese), and now has to wait til mid-April to download his game. If it says pre-order, don't buy it!

Edit 2: Effectively identical (I'm playing with English voice and subtitles), but circle is confirm and X is cancel. This still trips me up from time to time in the game. Not a big deal, just thought I'd mention it.

pezzie fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Feb 23, 2017

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
so 66 bucks right now for HK psn vs 48(maybe 52 with tax) if i wait 2 weeks and use my best buy gamers club for the us edition. This is actually super agonizing. I'm more concerned about catching a spoiler in these 2 weeks.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Never thought I'd be this grateful to be so busy in the spring but here we are.

That said I'll probably check out of this thread for a bit. I don't typically care about spoilers, but I'd like to experience at least one Taro Yoko game as blind as possible, barring the few promos I've seen (and the demo).

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I got a short session before leaving for work today. It was fun but I've gotten really bad at it since the demo and also made the mistake of going on hard mode. Even the very start can be unforgiving.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I can't really remember how to play at all either as I stopped playing the demo to keep that part of the game fresh when the real thing came around and I'm getting owned a lot. So good

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Download started so I can immediately get going when I get home. Stoked to actually play a Yoko Taro game instead of experience it in another way.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Don't know if the game will send me here to prove a point, but I'm just loving around exploring and came across where you get to the factory from the demo and picked up all of my old stuff including the 2H sword you lose at that point. Nice to stumble across that.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Bloody hell, I go away for a few weeks and forget this is coming out and not some wonderful dream :allears:
I'll modify the OP when I'm back from work.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Correct HK version: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ver=4.20.5:home

It's approx $5 greater than digital order for US. It's really tempting since it comes with the same Day One items.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's worth noting that if games can give you motion sickness, there's an NPC in the first settlement who when spoken to will offer to set your camera settings to an ideal level to reduce it.

I don't get motion sickness from games other than from severe screen tearing, but I don't trust Yoko Taro so I didn't delve into the option because I don't want to be trolled this way... (It's probably legit)

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Feb 23, 2017

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Alder posted:

It's approx $5 greater than digital order for US. It's really tempting since it comes with the same Day One items.

Man, I wish I hadn't preordered through Sony already. If I could cancel and switch to HK I would.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Alder posted:

For me this just automatically redirects to the en-gb URL and then gives a page not found error. Do you need a proxy for this to work?

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Suaimhneas posted:

For me this just automatically redirects to the en-gb URL and then gives a page not found error. Do you need a proxy for this to work?

Try pasting it into another browser that doesn't have your usual PSN cookies?

Seems like my game got hit with this bug:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nier/comments/5vp6xs/quest_line_seems_bugged_in_my_game/

I guess I have to start over. Not that I mind playing through the demo again, but for people reading, do NOT start the game before all the game files are downloaded. You can check through Notifications > Download, the game is launchable at 10gb downloaded but wait til the full 48gb is done or you might hit that bug!

pezzie fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Feb 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Suaimhneas posted:

I bought it from there on my Android tablet, and have checked it a bunch on my Chrome PC browser and never been re-directed or used a proxy to get there.

Make sure you're logged out of your UK account first perhaps? Or incognito mode it.