Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Big thighs is just better groundin' for the poundin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
also makes it easier for your waifu to save you from a burning space building when you have had too many space mimosas.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
now im an rear end man through and through but thunder thighs just look hosed up on little people

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

MadBimber posted:

now im an rear end man through and through but thunder thighs just look hosed up on little people

try buying pants.

Serf
May 5, 2011

the character models look good

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Bud K ninja sword posted:

try buying pants.

all i own is yoga pants

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

MadBimber posted:

all i own is yoga pants

you are prepared for battle then.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
New video on profiles and a look at character powers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3q_Nd5arZM

Pattonesque fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Feb 23, 2017

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Okay, hype levels getting pretty high here.

That was a nice flavor touch that investing in the adapt profile changes the jump pack ability to use biotics instead of a physical jump pack.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Six other party members? Weren't there going to be seven, apparently?

Also, all those people, with the exception of Jaal and the male human, read like copies of the existing cast. Cora/Miranda the 'biotic commando'. Vetra/Garrus the 'drifter mercenary'. Wrex/Drack the 'veteran warrior'. Peebee/Liara the 'rogue academic'...

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Feb 23, 2017

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Milky Moor posted:

Also, all those people, with the exception of Jaal and the male human, read like copies of the existing cast. Cora/Miranda the 'biotic commando'. Vetra/Garrus the 'drifter mercenary'. Wrex the 'veteran warrior'. Peebee/Liara the 'rogue academic'...

Doesn't the deluxe edition have an extra character?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

7th is probably a Kett or some other spoiler.

EDIT: ^^^ Oh please tell me they're making a party member DLC again :allears:

Kavak fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Feb 23, 2017

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
There are no DLC party members. A seventh one was planned (a salarian I think) but cut in development

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Pattonesque posted:

sorta cool but combat isn't gonna flow super well if you're pausing and swip swapping all the time

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Pattonesque posted:

Playing an adept replaces your jump jets with biotic flight? That is awesome!

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Feb 23, 2017

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Pattonesque posted:

There are no DLC party members. A seventh one was planned (a salarian I think) but cut in development

What I understood way back when was that there are seven companions in the game, number 7 is probably spoilers, and Mr. Salarian got cut so everyone could have loyalty missions. That information may have been wrong, though!

e: In fact, that squad selection screen doesn't look like it has room for any more than 6.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 23, 2017

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

marshmallow creep posted:

What I understood way back when was that there are seven companions in the game, number 7 is probably spoilers, and Mr. Salarian got cut so everyone could have loyalty missions. That information may have been wrong, though!

you know now that you mention it that does sound familiar?

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

MadBimber posted:

sorta cool but combat isn't gonna flow super well if you're pausing and swip swapping all the time

On PC you can hotkey your favorites, so you don't have to pause to swap. In any case, I remember pausing (using the tactical menu) in ME2 and ME3 relatively often to make one of my squad members use a specific power on a specific target. I expect similar rhythms for this game.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Yessssss, it's cool ME2 shockwave and not ME3's

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I'll admit I'm disappointed that on controller you don't just use the Dpad to hot swap profiles, but it clarifies what Ian said earlier about macro'ing abilities: PC players can assign profiles to keyboard keys so they can swap without bringing up the menu. There must have been too many actions that they needed the directional keys to perform--supposedly the down button on the Dpad has been identified as the button for turning on your Detective Vision scanner tool.

I wonder if swapping profiles and incurring the swap cooldown overwrites the cooldown on longer abilities, or if swapping profiles has a cooldown of its own, or if no ability has a cooldown longer than the profile swap cooldown. Definitely noticed that "powercell" based abilities like the mines the combat profile was using in the demo do not have a cooldown and do get one after a profile swap, so if you want to be able to something after swapping to a profile in a panic, make sure you put something like mines or grenades on a profile.

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.
Combat doesn't look that great, but that could be because the AI seems completely braindead. Hopefully it's because they're playing on a lower difficult or something.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Milky Moor posted:

Also, all those people, with the exception of Jaal and the male human, read like copies of the existing cast. Cora/Miranda the 'biotic commando'. Vetra/Garrus the 'drifter mercenary'. Wrex/Drack the 'veteran warrior'. Peebee/Liara the 'rogue academic'...
I doubt that Cora is going to be a genetically engineering terrorist superscientist with her combat yoga pants giving her a terrible wedgie.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Milky Moor posted:

There's a fair bit of scope since those are more archetypes than anything. Garrus was a mall cop before becoming a sniper maniac for example.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Class/Skill-switching during combat. Why bother with limited skills at all then if I can have everything anyway? Seems to me like the whole skill thing is made rather arbitrarily with this. Even in basically pure action games like Tomb Raider I have to select my skills and stick with them.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

MadBimber posted:

Finally a normal looking shot...

...but with some SERIOUS thunder thighs. UGH

Thick thighs are severely good you dipshit

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

marshmallow creep posted:

e: In fact, that squad selection screen doesn't look like it has room for any more than 6.

You mom swore she didn't have room for any more than 6 but I proved that wrong, so don't count out that screen being able to take 7 or more.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Magical Zero posted:

Combat doesn't look that great, but that could be because the AI seems completely braindead. Hopefully it's because they're playing on a lower difficult or something.

enemy AI in ME has never been something to write home about, but yeah they look slow and unresponsive. That's been true for every video so far showing combat.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Thick thighs are severely good you dipshit

goddamn there are a lot of creepy GIS images of miranda

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

MadBimber posted:

enemy AI in ME has never been something to write home about, but yeah they look slow and unresponsive. That's been true for every video so far showing combat.

goddamn there are a lot of creepy GIS images of miranda

Breasts do not work that way. Neither do bras.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Magical Zero posted:

I honestly think it gonna be alot of dumb meatshields but with the ease of switching skill sets and causing triggers/explosions with your teammates is going to be the focus. So real flashy with a lot of feedback of flying bodies/dead mooks everywhere.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bioware games kind of live and die on the strength of their supporting cast and yikes, do these guys look like a boring lot.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Magical Zero posted:

This is Bioware we're talking about here. Harder difficulty doesn't mean more smart, it means more bullet sponge.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You mom swore she didn't have room for any more than 6 but I proved that wrong, so don't count out that screen being able to take 7 or more.

More like A Buff Bi Dude.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
oh dang, your doctor is Natalie Dormer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erJhJEewCgM

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

My name is Lexi and I'm here to sex ye.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

I'd never given it any thought but she has a great voice for an asari character.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Decius posted:

Class/Skill-switching during combat. Why bother with limited skills at all then if I can have everything anyway? Seems to me like the whole skill thing is made rather arbitrarily with this. Even in basically pure action games like Tomb Raider I have to select my skills and stick with them.

It's not really everything, though. You can have 12 out of a maximum of 25(?). Switching favorites also seem to switch your weapon loadouts, but we're still not sure if there's that weight-to-cooldown thing in the game still - if each of your favorites has 4 different weapons in the loadout, does that mean you're carrying 16 weapons around, or the 12 'unequipped' weapons magically disappear?

Also, each of the skill categories has passives, which I assume will strengthen active skills within that category, which will then skew your selection of powers one way instead of the other.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Don't loving preorder this game ffs

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Halloween Jack posted:

I doubt that Cora is going to be a genetically engineering terrorist superscientist with her combat yoga pants giving her a terrible wedgie.

Still, we can hope.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I guess I'll roll with Drack and... Peebee? Maybe?? Possibly Vetra. Liam seems chill, maybe I'll bring him along, I dunno. The fat-neck catman and Cora can stay on the ship if only because there's no garbage heap to toss them in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Don't loving preorder this game ffs

I pre-ordered the game because it's 20% cheaper than buying it on launch