Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the tonight show is supposed to be a safe haven of sorts, period

that's a reason conan didn't work, imo

doctor iono posted:

jimmy fallon is getting his own ride at universal studios

there is no justice in the world

how come kimmel doesn't have a ride at disneyland

how come ed balls doesn't have a ride at disneyland paris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

mormonpartyboat posted:

ah yes, he's targeting the lucrative child demographic with his show that's weekdays at 11:30 PM

bad parenting is what led to Trump in the first place

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Taeke posted:

I agree he isn't funny, but that's not reason to hate him.

YES IT IS

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
make the tweet you old bitch

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Comedy should be somewhat unsettling, and preferably say something about society as a whole. Fallon does neither. He is a bad.

And "safe comedy" is often not safe as it can normalize terrible things in society, like Donny's Nazis.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
please be respectful, jimmy kimmel was alan colmes' favorite comedian

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
who the gently caress stays up to watch some unfunny rear end in a top hat when the trump administration is bulldozing comedy directly into our brains all day long?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

boy those 16 year old middle class memesters must be suffering from just so much economic anxiety

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jimbel Kimble seems like a nice guy

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Teach me to hate. I have much to learn.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Augus posted:

boy those 16 year old middle class memesters must be suffering from just so much economic anxiety

(((economic anxiety)))

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

also from what i've seen colbert beating fallon lately is more old people going to colbert than young people going to either show

this is your chance to laugh at tv moreso

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mormonpartyboat posted:

please be respectful, jimmy kimmel was alan colmes' favorite comedian

this makes it harder to be respectful

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Oozy Cruz will be showing his tender epidermis at CPAC soon. can practically smell his scent gland excretions

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
My gf is in Charles city at the same courthouse where grassley is having the town hall today. Here are the texts she sent me

quote:

There were people streaming in before 9:00 it's in the large courtroom and there was no room for more people even on that floor for awhile now
Lots of old people with walkers
I saw a lady with a Bernie shirt and (removed) said she saw some known democrats marching in

:unsmigghh:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

the future is goddamn bizarre

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I wish Craig Ferguson still did his show. I loved the way he deconstructed the format, and he was funny as hell.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Taeke posted:

you should read about tge hoerors of war, like in my sitcom basef fanfiction "alls quiet on the webster front"

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Jimmy Kimmel should get Donald to read mean tweets about him. It would heal our country.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Fallon is a bit to much fart joke for me but I don't watch either cause Basketball is on and that makes me forget that my children will be murdered by fascists or nukes.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Nichael posted:

Comedy should be somewhat unsettling, and preferably say something about society as a whole. Fallon does neither. He is a bad.

And "safe comedy" is often not safe as it can normalize terrible things in society, like Donny's Nazis.

Comedy should be whatever is funny be it unsettling or totally safe and comfortable.

Fallon's sin is that he treated Trump like a normal guest and not a loving loon. And in doing so he normalized and legitimized Trump as just another person on his show and not a loving danger to the republic.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Since we're talking about TV people I want to murder Seth Meyers based solely on his smug rear end grin.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
imagine wanting hillary clinton to be president so badly that u wish death upon the degenerates who held back her reign

just imagine it

liberals are crazy

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Feminasty Slut posted:

Since we're talking about TV people I want to murder Seth Meyers based solely on his smug rear end grin.

rude

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhgpRhVtW38

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

make the tweet you old bitch

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

deadgoon posted:

imagine wanting hillary clinton to be president so badly that u wish death upon the degenerates who held back her reign

just imagine it

liberals are crazy

slay abuela slay

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Taeke posted:

watch some jimmy fallon, and then, instead of what you normally do, don't suppress the urge to sock him in his dumb mouth - let the feeling wash over you

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

deadgoon posted:

just imagine it

liberals are crazy

yeah imagine wishing death on hillary clinton smdh

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Relevant Tangent posted:

More moose in Canada than people.

the dreaded moose-limbs

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/834799339121815554

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Feminasty Slut posted:

Yaburnt

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

colbert owns though i just don't watch late night tv except for the occasional clip. i'm glad his numbers improved and iirc one article said it was because he stopped trying to fit into a late night host mold and just be more like himself

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

aggressive but not entirely unwanted anal fisting

Serf
May 5, 2011

Taeke posted:

Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant. For you. Hate. Hate.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Al! posted:

yeah imagine wishing death on hillary clinton smdh

i likedevery undscdupted laufh we saw from her because she seemed sponyaneously to become the dorkiest rral hunab alive

i get mot likibg her policies but she actually seems like an acceptable person to eat dinner w or chug wine w at a party

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 383 days!

Vertical Lime posted:

also from what i've seen colbert beating fallon lately is more old people going to colbert than young people going to either show

this is your chance to laugh at tv moreso
My dad has been a "Letterman or NOTHING" kind of late night TV viewer as long as I've been alive, to the extent he just stopped watching tv after the news after Letterman retired. He had zero interest in Colbert when he took over Late Show & had no exposure to the Colbert Report, but last week he said to me "have you seen Stephen Colbert's show? I had no idea he was this funny."

He also called Jimmy Fallon a "jackass" on his SNL days and am pretty sure he's never seen his show.

that's my rad dad story, goons :unsmith:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

BAHAHAHA THAT WHACKY TRUMP LOL ZOMG ROFL

loving people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/SaraJBenincasa/status/834794800687616001

lol

• Locked thread