Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

tenderjerk posted:

My dad has been a "Letterman or NOTHING" kind of late night TV viewer as long as I've been alive, to the extent he just stopped watching tv after the news after Letterman retired. He had zero interest in Colbert when he took over Late Show & had no exposure to the Colbert Report, but last week he said to me "have you seen Stephen Colbert's show? I had no idea he was this funny."

He also called Jimmy Fallon a "jackass" on his SNL days and am pretty sure he's never seen his show.

that's my rad dad story, goons :unsmith:

dang

good dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/834799915058470917

:confuoot:

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Kurtofan posted:

the dreaded moose-limbs

Hey everyone, please read this good rear end op-ed by a friend of a friend:

I Was a Muslim in Trump's White House

quote:

When Trump issued a ban on travelers from seven Muslim-majority countries and all Syrian refugees, I knew I could no longer stay and work for an administration that saw me and people like me not as fellow citizens, but as a threat.

Throughout 2015 and 2016, I watched with disbelief, apprehension, and anxiety, as Trump’s style of campaigning instigated fear and emboldened xenophobes, anti-Semites, and Islamophobes. While cognizant of the possibility of Trump winning, I hoped a majority of the electorate would never condone such a hateful and divisive worldview.

During the campaign last February, Obama visited a Baltimore mosque and reminded the public that “we’re one American family, and when any part of our family starts to feel separate…It’s a challenge to our values.” His words would go unheeded by his successor.

The climate in 2016 felt like it did just after 9/11. What made it worse was that this fear and hatred were being fueled by Americans in positions of power. Fifth-grade students at a local Sunday school where I volunteered shared stories of being bullied by classmates and teachers, feeling like they didn’t belong here anymore, and asked if they might get kicked out of this country if Trump won. I was almost hit by a car by a white man laughing as he drove by in a Costco parking lot, and on another occasion was followed out of the metro by a man screaming profanities: “gently caress you! gently caress Islam! Trump will send you back!”

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

tenderjerk posted:

My dad has been a "Letterman or NOTHING" kind of late night TV viewer as long as I've been alive, to the extent he just stopped watching tv after the news after Letterman retired. He had zero interest in Colbert when he took over Late Show & had no exposure to the Colbert Report, but last week he said to me "have you seen Stephen Colbert's show? I had no idea he was this funny."

He also called Jimmy Fallon a "jackass" on his SNL days and am pretty sure he's never seen his show.

that's my rad dad story, goons :unsmith:

my dad is a 6'4" utilities worker who builds fireplaces and porches when he's bored and is deathly afraid of ghosts, rad dads represent

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Taeke posted:

I wish Craig Ferguson still did his show. I loved the way he deconstructed the format, and he was funny as hell.

Plus he had that fantastic accent. :swoon:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

noooo tgey dont get depeche mode

noooooo

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

proof of concept posted:

watch some jimmy fallon, and then, instead of what you normally do, don't suppress the urge to sock him in his dumb mouth - let the feeling wash over you

But the only urge is to turn it off or switch to a different channel, and then I forget about him. It's too easy to just not waste any energy on him.

Maybe the problem is I don't enjoy the feeling of hate? How do I solve that? Is it something I can change? Should I even if I could? Is it even a problem?

Help me, please.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

my wife thinks he's gay and in denial and this probably confirms it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

enjoy the silence (of a nazi out cold on the ground)

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Taeke posted:

But the only urge is to turn it off or switch to a different channel, and then I forget about him. It's too easy to just not waste any energy on him.

Maybe the problem is I don't enjoy the feeling of hate? How do I solve that? Is it something I can change? Should I even if I could? Is it even a problem?

Help me, please.

Just stay here awhile and you'll hate just fine.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

a dog's anus

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

he prohably just thinka master ans servant is edgy sezy music

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Taeke posted:

Help me, please.

next time, instead of changing the channel, shoot your tv with a gun

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

tho tbf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzRvjUW9fVY

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

If the white supremacists lay claim to Queensrÿche, I will fly into a murderous rage.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

does this make rochelle from l4d2 alt-right

is she a rare pepe now

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 379 days!

triple sulk posted:

colbert owns though i just don't watch late night tv except for the occasional clip. i'm glad his numbers improved and iirc one article said it was because he stopped trying to fit into a late night host mold and just be more like himself
I just wish CBS got into this century and made their streaming content more accessible. I hate the fact I have multiple legal options available to me to watch Fallon and Justin Timberlake blow up surgical gloves, tape it to their groins, and pretend they're cows for a 10 minute "comedy" sketch or whatever, but to watch a funny Colbert thing, it's almost always an unauthorized clip embedded on a 3rd party site

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
Now you're punching
Me in the face
Over and over again
I'm relying on your common decency
So far it hasn't surfaced
But I'm sure it exists
It just takes a while to travel
From your head to your fists

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

mars attacks 2 lookin' good

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

here's the biggest version i have of that photo, if anyone wants it for photoshopping and whatnot: https://i.imgur.com/MSJvut2.jpg

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ironic considering we'd Enjoy the Silence if he'd shut his gob permanently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0AKJMGxwpE

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

teach me how to build an interociter

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Their new single contains the lyric "You've been pissed on, for too long" :tinfoil:

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

tenderjerk posted:

I just wish CBS got into this century and made their streaming content more accessible. I hate the fact I have multiple legal options available to me to watch Fallon and Justin Timberlake blow up surgical gloves, tape it to their groins, and pretend they're cows for a 10 minute "comedy" sketch or whatever, but to watch a funny Colbert thing, it's almost always an unauthorized clip embedded on a 3rd party site

Isn't it on YouTube the next day?

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Richard Spencer needs to die.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

hail satan

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Okay.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
*takes enormous drag off cigarette*

https://twitter.com/KateNocera/status/834797209870798850

*slams merlot*

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpuaPfOuxB0

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

here we see the beluga whale in its natural environment, its large cranium allows for echo location

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Dammit

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

here we see the beluga whale in its natural environment, its large cranium allows for echo location

what is he thinking................

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nice

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qBWvA6H7Zg

gursa what friendos its nouvelle vague o clock

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

tacodaemon posted:

here's the biggest version i have of that photo, if anyone wants it for photoshopping and whatnot: https://i.imgur.com/MSJvut2.jpg

There goes my lunch break I guess.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

what is he thinking................

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

i wonder if he still has the american flag shirt on under his other clothes, to flash at people contemptuously

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

lol that's the sex number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

ironic considering we'd Enjoy the Silence if he'd shut his gob permanently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0AKJMGxwpE