Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The Raandyys of light and the Raandyys of dark. A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Raserys posted:

The Raandyys of light and the Raandyys of dark. A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold

I know now....more than ever that Raandyys Heart.....IS LIGHT.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I mean, I, too, seriously doubt that Griffin will carefully read a submitted list of 150 items because it seem like more of a huge un-sorted-out infodump than a list of suggestions specifically tailored to the show and would probably take ages to read and sort through, and I would have recommended picking out the 5-10 best ones and just sending those BUT there's no need to be a dick about it for god's sake

In other news Griffin is trying to literally kill me with suspense:

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/834538502876430336

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Christ, even though this world of TAZ is nearing the end, I sent Griffin 150 items that I had previously made for a homebrew game.

He's probably going to ignore my email but oh well.

I think Griffin said that there won't be any more Fantasy Costco trips. That being said, could you drop those in a pastebin? I love FC submissions.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

showbiz_liz posted:

Definitely! You can tell from the backstory of that world (and the Magnus backstory) that he really enjoys that super-detailed worldbuilding, and it sets up a superficially similar but probably in practice very different game mechanic (the guys are a team who get sent on missions by their boss).

Given the huge amount of backstory for the world that Travis ran through at the beginning, almost none of which was relevant to the actual episode, I'm sure it's one of the possibilities they're considering for the next campaign. (Didn't Griffin say someplace that they'd all pitched things and were working to figure out the best option?)

(From that episode I also loved Griffin's character gimmick and Justin's character's complete 180 from almost every aspect of Taako's character. Clint's character gimmick I cannot imagine working over an entire campaign.)

In The The Adventure Zone Zone, Justin made it pretty clear that he has no desire to DM. As for Clint... well, they should probably throw out the rulebooks and just do a freeform improv/RP in that case.

It's also interesting how the Travis DM episode has the three characters using more off-beat classes (monk, warlock, and bard) compared to Tres Horny Boys being all four classic classes.

On a side note, I really wish Travis had chosen Magnus to be an eldritch knight. Although it doesn't gel with Magnus' impulsive lunkhead character, it would really alleviate his limited combat options (and since Griffin doesn't keep track of memorized spells in the least bit, Magnus would make out like a bandit by circumventing the eldritch knight's short spell list).

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ariong posted:

I think Griffin said that there won't be any more Fantasy Costco trips. That being said, could you drop those in a pastebin? I love FC submissions.

Yeah, in the email I said as much but who knows what will happen in the next adventure. I'll see what I can upload when I get home.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Greatbacon posted:

That's the functional equivalent of a 90K a year salary per dude, for what is essentially an hour and a half of them bullshitting on skype over the weekend and maybe another hour or two of editing

Editing takes loving forever.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Pacra posted:

Editing takes loving forever.

Nah, for an hour-long podcast? You just start at noon, edit for an hour or two and why does it say 12:00 again??

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Audio editing is pretty heavy time commitment if you're trying to make it sound good. An hour podcast can easily take 4-5 to do. If not more.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Psst

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CONFIRMED HOLY poo poo

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Lets see if the VPN wizards can help me...

Looks like nope :( video player does a spin and then nothing. Welp, time to cancel the trial.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I just watched the Jobs one; it's the source for both of the videos what were posted in this thread recently ("jobs" and "safety town")

It was really, really funny. Can't wait to watch the rest, though I think I'm going to try my best to space them out. Are we planning on keeping spoilers in check for a bit in this thread?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The spider episode is not episode one.
Whoops!

My name is Mt. Dew Barq's Rootbeer and I'm horny for abstinence!

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Feb 23, 2017

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Episode 4 :stare:

Tom Funk
Feb 19, 2010
Dabbing Griffin is the funniest goddamn thing ever.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
the good good boys did an AV Club interview, which I'm posting here because of this great great bit

quote:

AVC: What are some moments that it really hurt to lose?

Griffin: Aw, man… I mean, some of it will eventually see the light of day.

Justin: I’ll tell you about one that won’t see the light of day, ’cause it wasn’t funny. We did—this is going to sound like I’m bullshitting, but we were just kind of finding our sea legs while filming the first episodes—we went to this old, old cabin and filmed a scene—

Griffin: Oh god.

Justin: —without a lot of preparation, and it turned into… The story kind of veered into me getting possessed by a ghost in the cabin named Joshermy, and it devolves into a literal—I’ve watched it—30-minute, joke-free, psycho-sexual exploration of me being possessed, with light themes of horror. It’s bizarre. There’s no jokes! We didn’t say a loving funny thing in the entire half hour. [Laughs.] But we didn’t know how to stop! So it’s like a 30-minute-long terrible short film about me getting possessed and being unable to leave the property unless my brothers free me, etc., etc., etc. It is inscrutable.

So that I am okay with losing.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Goddamn, that candlenights episode

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
Thought the animation in the first ep looked familar and yeah, the same guy that did these animations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDBcGgjtFRs

did the spoopy animation!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Lets see if the VPN wizards can help me...

Looks like nope :( video player does a spin and then nothing. Welp, time to cancel the trial.

Streaming services have gotten really aggressive about keeping non-americans from accessing the american versions lately.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

justin getting choked up at the end, and travis and griffin teasing him :unsmith:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I binged the entire thing in one go. The brothers said that they got more comfortable filming as the series progressed, and you can definitely see it. Still, I enjoyed episodes 2 and 4 the most and was a tiny bit disappointed when the show didn't do a complete swerve after the ending of episode 4.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the spoiler bars everybody. I know it seems silly to avoid spoiling a comedy show like this one, but I'm a huge baby when it comes to spoilers and I'm sure there are some others who read this thread who are like me, so thank you. What a good good McElroy community :unsmith:

Also checking in to say that I am super stoked for TAZ today!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
cmon griff upload the episode

give me those tres horny boys i love so much

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Oh man I'm really looking forward to the show tonight! I rewatched the Ranchos one and enjoyed it more than the first viewing but am glad that people are saying other episodes are their favorites.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
New TAZ is out, getcher THB!

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

ITS UP.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

http://www.maximumfun.org/adventure-zone/adventure-zone-ep-57-suffering-game-chapter-seven

link for the people

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
The Clown Box is going to give me nightmares.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
gently caress yes it's up, I am immediately taking lunch

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Oh no Magnus :ohdear:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Holy loving poo poo.

Holy loving poo poo, griffin.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

DoctorWhat posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

Holy loving poo poo, griffin.

Was waiting for someone to post this.

Did anyone else get serious Interstella 5555 vibes from this ep?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Guys.

Barry's back.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
Griffin, you magnificent bastard...

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I got the big reveal about 2 minutes before Griffin mentioned the clothes in the chest and spent the entire end of the episode freaking out. Griffin is the best DM of all time

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

The TV show... is good.

Also I'll never ever listen to the Adventure Zone because of you insufferable nerds.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

You're doing yourself a terrible disservice by making your entertainment choices based on how fans express themselves.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

It's getting hard to tell whether some spoiler bars pertain to the TV show or the new TAZ episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
There should be a podcast where the irritating voice from The Flophouse and the irritating voice from Pop Rocket discuss which roleplaying system is the best