Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Is it weird that I want to watch the Pelicans v. Rockets tonight a bit more than I want to watch Knicks v. Cavs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
a song of ice and fire...in real life. i've waited so long for this

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

Is it weird that I want to watch the Pelicans v. Rockets tonight a bit more than I want to watch Knicks v. Cavs

No, that sounds like the most normal thing in the world to me

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

EvanTH posted:

i have a couple knicks fan friends and i dont blame them for not watching many games this season.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Pelicans are must see TV for me now. I want to watch them demolish people in the paint.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I hope when Boogie goes back to Sac that everyone on the kings gets boo'd and Boogie gets the biggest ovation of the night.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

TBeats posted:

I hope when Boogie goes back to Sac that everyone on the kings gets boo'd and Boogie gets the biggest ovation of the night.

I hope they just boo the owners.

Also I hope Boogie puts up 100.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

TBeats posted:

The biggest shame out of this is NO doesn't have a game in SAC this year.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mQANewrDcM

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/834770073353089025

I read this as okc is gonna have the head punch / dick punch combo down going forward

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

The most prolific alley-oop combo this season has been Harden-Capela with 44 such instances. Capela has played in 43 games

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I can't wait for Rockets and Pels tonight, I'm counting down the hours already.

No matter what happens it's going to be great

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/975TheFanatic/status/834772537234046976

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

OMG HAHAHAHA I love Dario

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

aBagorn posted:

OMG HAHAHAHA I love Dario

He and Joel have to appear in at least one episode as new 'Chase Utleys'.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

boxcarhobo posted:

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/834770073353089025

I read this as okc is gonna have the head punch / dick punch combo down going forward

Isn't Taj supposed to be a really nice guy?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
The D.E.N.N.I.S. method gets rebranded as The Process.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers/status/834815161873661952

Cool, cool, this is cool

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

So when is the actual trade deadline? Just midnight tonight or is it some time this afternoon?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

3 pm eastern

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

BIZORT posted:

The most prolific alley-oop combo this season has been Harden-Capela with 44 such instances. Capela has played in 43 games

Looks like the All-Star break was a good time for an infusion of new posters to this thread!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Nerlens to the Mavs?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Nerlens to the Mavs?

Yeah, for an insanely protected 1st round pick

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Nerlens to the Mavs?

So in the end Durant going to GSW let the Mavs get Noel and Barnes. Glad shook players helped the Mavs out.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Spacebump posted:

So in the end Durant going to GSW let the Mavs get Noel and Barnes. Glad shook players helped the Mavs out.

Haha. Glad you are somewhat happy with your team again. :)

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Gotta be honest: Barnes still isn't worth that contract, but he is playing better than I thought he would. He was a middling shooter on a Warriors team where he got open looks all the time. I figured he'd be absolute garbage in Dallas.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Crazy Ted posted:

Gotta be honest: Barnes still isn't worth that contract, but he is playing better than I thought he would. He was a middling shooter on a Warriors team where he got open looks all the time. I figured he'd be absolute garbage in Dallas.

Depending on what week of the season it is, he has been a top 1-3 ISO player in the league while improving his overall game. I assumed Barnes would be bad but he is absolutely living up to his contract. To make things better they also have several developing rotation players on good deals. (Curry, Finney-Smith, Yogi) Overall this season makes up for the years the Mavs basically ignored the draft.

Also, thanks Kibner. Glad your team improved (way more) as well. Should be a fun rest of the season.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Crazy Ted posted:

He's worth the rookie max contract, which is what he got. Like, way better than Parsons or Kanter and those were no-brainers.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I want to know the 2018 protection on the Dallas pick before I say who won that trade. If it's unprotected it could easily be a top 10 pick.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I want to know the 2018 protection on the Dallas pick before I say who won that trade. If it's unprotected it could easily be a top 10 pick.

It becomes 2 second rounders if it doesn't convey this year.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Gobias Ind. posted:

It becomes 2 second rounders if it doesn't convey this year.

Welp yeah Philly got robbed.

Colangelo if you're reading this thread Portland will probably give up Lillard for the SAC pick, the LAL pick, Simmons and TJ.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

You guys should come on over to the other thread.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

kd.jpg
https://twitter.com/MontePooleCSN/status/834844866504822784

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Put that tweet on his tshirt

lowly abject turd
Mar 23, 2009
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/834851015295954945

gonna miss those pregame dance parties

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

while the trade deadline was going on

https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/834840838815543296

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
e: I retract my take as it wasn't Dannys fault

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 23, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/TajGibson22/status/834864991694106625

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I'm actually kind of sad the trade didn't happen. I guess I don't hate the Celtics as much as I used to. I had talked myself into being excited to get to watch PG have another go at LeBron with a competent team around him.

• Locked thread