Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

various cheeses posted:

gently caress you for reminding me of that two swords tower of joy scene lol jesus christ that was bad

I know a guy that is adamant that it was super awesome and nothing like the star wars prequels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
It's a good thing ned hadn't already shown his enemies what he can do.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

IRQ posted:

I know a guy that is adamant that it was super awesome and nothing like the star wars prequels.

you know people who are sub-par.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

TommyGun85 posted:

you know people who are sub-par.

I tell him that on a regular basis.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

It's all relative I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NcImob-154

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

SaviourX posted:

That still pisses me off immensely.
If you're going to get characters jacked in an insurrection, at least have the decency to make it a play of assassins and poo poo, not straight up open martial combat with THE BEST WARRIORS IN TOWN.

It was a painful scene.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Imagine I posted the gif of bugs bunny sawing off Dorne cause I can't find it.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

IRQ posted:

Give that guy a swirly until his scalp erodes

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Last night a DJ save my life

Last night a DJ saved my life (from an open door)

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

scary ghost dog posted:

the forsaken chapters are insanely good

yeah, and the flashbacks and flashforwards

but he wrote too much poo poo, if the length of the series had been but by 75% it could have been a good series

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Intel&Sebastian posted:

There's not a problem I can't get past I can do it in the draft cause when the plans in trouble I don't write on the double and I don't leave my bubble at all

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Finally something I culturally identify with enough to contribute to this threads rich history of bad parodys

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

drowned in pussy juice posted:

Finally something I culturally identify with enough to contribute to this threads rich history of bad parodys

Welcome to the fold(s of GRRM's girth).

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

ha

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Evil Fluffy posted:

I wish writers like Sanderson would call these assholes out on their self-inflicted problems. People ask Sanderson about future books (and other things) all the time and he.just.loving.tells.them*. While also having regular progress updates on his website for books he's working on. And doing effortposts on his plans for the upcoming year(s) and possible hitches that could change things.

He's basically the anti-grrm. Hopefully he doesn't ever turn in to an old spiteful weirdo. At least not until after the Stormlight series finishes some time in the 2030s.

* He probably doesn't give out huge spoiler poo poo, like I imagine he doesn't give info when people ask him about Hoid's endgame or backstory.

Sanderson also doesn't ascribe to the idea of the writer as the artiste. He considers it a job, and thus sits down and trucks out a novel every six months or so. Same theory that Steven King writes under.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Some of the best stuff King has written are his short stories that he just bangs out because he feels he has to be "writing something" even if he's stuck on his main works. He's just a whole other level of creative.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
he wrote one thousand stories about a author in Maine and Wierd poo poo happens

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

violent sex idiot posted:

If you switch Maine with Massachusetts and the author with nebbish asexual old fashioned scholar you get Lovecraft.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

violent sex idiot posted:

I think that if he lived in a more conventional place that might not work but his Maine is a really weird, dark place and basically I believe every word he writes about it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Already a step ahead of Rothfuss.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Is it out yet?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
ACCCCTUALLLLY the best Stephen king was when he was super constipated and stupid as hell thanks to the massive amount of oxycontin he was taking and he started writing about monsters that come out of your butt because he wanted to poop so badly.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Intel&Sebastian posted:

ACCCCTUALLLLY the best Stephen king was when he was super constipated and stupid as hell thanks to the massive amount of oxycontin he was taking and he started writing about monsters that come out of your butt because he wanted to poop so badly.

lots of laughs

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Intel&Sebastian posted:

What about the poo poo-Weasels? The ones that go on through the "back-door?"
- actual quote that morgan loving freeman spoke out loud in his most gravitas infused voice while wearing huge fuzzy false eyebrows for some loving reason.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Krinkle posted:

What about the poo poo-Weasels? The ones that go on through the "back-door?"
- actual quote that morgan loving freeman spoke out loud in his most gravitas infused voice while wearing huge fuzzy false eyebrows for some loving reason.

drat, I should rewatch the Shawshank Redemption.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I always thought the poo poo-weasels were a brilliant idea, considering that I know a lot of people who treat King as bathroom reading.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
lol

Ian McShane posted:

“Can you believe it?” the American Gods actor asked. “‘Oh, you’re giving it away.’ Firstly, you love it and secondly, you’ll have forgotten by the time it comes out. And what am I giving away? A character beloved by everybody returns. Get a loving life. The show is huge but some fans seem to identify with it [too closely]. You want to say, ‘Have you thought about your lifestyle? Maybe you should get out a little more.’”

http://www.avclub.com/article/ian-tits-and-dragons-mcshane-tells-game-thrones-fa-251003

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Who the gently caress yelled at Ian? What did he even spoil? Who cares.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Probably that the hound was alive.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Krinkle posted:

Who the gently caress yelled at Ian? What did he even spoil? Who cares.

A lot of TV fans.

He said something about a beloved character returning (eventually revealed as The Hound) in his episode.

The TVIV thread.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
You can't drop any tease whatsoever without anti-spoiler purists freaking out.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

My book series is never coming out please spoil the gently caress out of me. Ironically, don't spoil me that winds of winter is never coming out that's the one that hurts.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
If there's a touchstone "love to hate" internet moment for me, it was when the TVIV thread reached it's most ridiculous with people honestly thinking that they were entitled to:

A) A spoiler free space
B) A book-existing free space
C) Speculation about what's going to happen
D) The right to get mad when inevitably the internet, or someone else in the thread, disagreed with what A, B or C meant.

There were multiple people in there who were extremely angry that everyone else on the internet wouldn't conform to their custom view of what it meant to discuss the TV show, all fighting eachother, some accusing others of faking not knowing what's happening in the books just to look cool in some crazy paranoid circular firing squad.

It was awesome and extremely irritating.

Edit: Also the companion moment to that time, when a bunch of those people realized that the tables were about to turn and the TV thread was going to have details the book thread didn't and AH HA! WE'VE GOT YOU NOW.....but no one here cared and were all pretty jazzed to see HBO gently caress over GRRM and get on with it.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Intel&Sebastian posted:

If there's a touchstone "love to hate" internet moment for me, it was when the TVIV thread reached it's most ridiculous with people honestly thinking that they were entitled to:

A) A spoiler free space
B) A book-existing free space
C) Speculation about what's going to happen
D) The right to get mad when inevitably the internet, or someone else in the thread, disagreed with what A, B or C meant.

There were multiple people in there who were extremely angry that everyone else on the internet wouldn't conform to their custom view of what it meant to discuss the TV show, all fighting eachother, some accusing others of faking not knowing what's happening in the books just to look cool in some crazy paranoid circular firing squad.

It was awesome and extremely irritating.

Edit: Also the companion moment to that time, when a bunch of those people realized that the tables were about to turn and the TV thread was going to have details the book thread didn't and AH HA! WE'VE GOT YOU NOW.....but no one here cared and were all pretty jazzed to see HBO gently caress over GRRM and get on with it.

there are people in the twin peaks thread right now literally putting spoiler tags around poo poo that happened in a tv show in 1991 just in case some innocent is in there who hasn't finished the series yet.

they also have convinced a bunch of first-time watchers to skip like 1/3 of the show just because the tviv thread personally doesn't like certain plotlines. tviv-ers are loving insane.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

A lot of TV fans.

He said something about a beloved character returning (eventually revealed as The Hound) in his episode.

The TVIV thread.

The best part of this is that since there's flashbacks in the TV show a casting spoiler doesn't mean anything.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
When I used to post o the TVIV GoT thread, around season 2, before I even read the drat books, and having no idea about what was going to happen with Arya, I got probated for joking that she was going to became a ninja and seek for revenge

They said it was a spoiler

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

TVIV is a lot less poo poo now that the child rapist tyrant is gone.

But it's still kind of poo poo.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
It just struck me that the whole reason Dany was dicking around in Mereen for so long is because George wanted to tell everybody else's stories but didn't have anything for her to do since her arc is pretty much done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

MrSlam posted:

It just struck me that the whole reason Dany was dicking around in Mereen for so long is because George wanted to tell everybody else's stories but didn't have anything for her to do since her arc is pretty much done.

her arc was literally "five years later..."