Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Solitairica is real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
if only the Disel from the draw today in WWE Champions had Squisher it'd be complete

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MotU posted:

if only the Disel from the draw today in WWE Champions had Squisher it'd be complete

You mean he has the hairflip?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Gaz-L posted:

You mean he has the hairflip?

the idle animation doesnt last long enough on the draw screen to check, i wish he actually had it

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Testekill posted:

Scotty Riggs has gotten injured in a freak incident with a Boar, he suffered swivel hip.

edit: I don't know which is better out of Goldberg & Kidman becoming a tag team or Mongo & Chavo.

That is a tough call, I like the idea of Goldberg coming backstage after forming his team with Kidman and Nash losing his poo poo at him for working with a midget

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
stop playing wwe mobile games and play solitarica and mini metro

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Golashes posted:

stop playing wwe mobile games and play solitarica and mini metro

no

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Champions has boiled down to a token grinding slog. Anyone have advice on getting them besides buying packs with Wrestlebucks?

Counterfeit
May 20, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

Champions has boiled down to a token grinding slog. Anyone have advice on getting them besides buying packs with Wrestlebucks?

I've played at least once a day for the past few weeks (I've got nothing better to do on my lunch breaks), and I haven't found any. I've got 8 or so characters that are ready to enhance, but not enough tokens to do so. I try to do all the daily stuff they put out, and if you're lucky you'll get one or two tokens.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Liar Lyre posted:

what ones do you need? the 1 star gold ones can all drop from the easy NXT tours. Like I've gotten a ton of Bray Lanterns from Bray/HHH in the first tour. Basically just grinding super easy matches that I can go 7-8 times in a row while getting all bonus loot boxes to maximize my chances at stuff. They also drop the TP of the type of opponent you're facing

Dailies can drop the 2* Silver Tokens based on the day, which you can get a few of if you have a 1* Gold character of a beneficial type

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The one I need now is the 2 star silver striker Hand Exerciser thingy. I have fought Reigns/Ambrose on Hard so many times and never got one. I think I just got terrible luck. I have 11 guys right now waiting to be enhanced, most are waiting on just a few tokens that I can not seem to get to drop.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Liar Lyre posted:

The one I need now is the 2 star silver striker Hand Exerciser thingy. I have fought Reigns/Ambrose on Hard so many times and never got one. I think I just got terrible luck. I have 11 guys right now waiting to be enhanced, most are waiting on just a few tokens that I can not seem to get to drop.

those are def rewards from one of the dailies I am just not 100% sure which one. I think one of the Dean ones? They changed the duration of them from 4 hours so it should be easier to snag em when they come around. I have so many of those drat things, all the tokens I get are Striker ones and all I want as Boss rings

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
It was funny playing the beta of Champions. They used to have way less things needed to upgrade, and they were common across all superstars. Clearly at some point they decided "This isn't F2P enough!" and like tripled the tokens to make it harder to upgrade.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Hey friends who still play 2k17, did they ever fix the thing in Universe mode where booking a title match adds a random match to the card? I've played through so many lovely glitches in these games, for some reason that was the one that broke me. Haven't touched the thing since October.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The download counter is the dumbest thing. At least have it at 50. I gotta build my Universe before I can play the game!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
6 years into this TEW save, and I finally have my first A*/100 rated match. It featured this guy (C overness throughout North America)

Yeah, it was a tag team match with him + Rusev vs Tyler Black & Adam Cole, but it was just a random throwaway match and I'm amazed that he could be carried to the literal best match of all time in my promotion that has those guys, AJ Styles, Kevin Steen, Castagnoli, Naito, Generico, and basically everyone else good I could possibly sign.

It's a weird game sometimes. (I know he's actually good in the attributes that seem to matter the most, but still, compared to those guys he sucks)

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

So I got that Solitarica game and its p fun, but even though I hame more than 40 rainbow rocks, its not letting me unlock new decks without paying real money. The hell is up with that?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
This is not a drill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8alwL79BhuU

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
get ready for fire pro switch, boys

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I couldn't tell it that was a goof or for real new fire pro tease. Please just don't be switch exclusive lol.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

ShootaBoy posted:

So I got that Solitarica game and its p fun, but even though I hame more than 40 rainbow rocks, its not letting me unlock new decks without paying real money. The hell is up with that?

It's free to start on Android. So it's not charging you for the deck exactly, it's charging you the full price of the game before you can continue... you pay that and it will never ask for money again.

I got it on iOS where you just buy it outright upfront so I forgot it was like that or I would have qualified my recommendation.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Well poo poo. By the time my google rewards gives me :5bux: I'll probably be long done with the game. Oh well, guess I'm gonna learn to love the warrior.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

please satan

anything but Fire Pro: Switch-Exclusive

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I'd take a Switch Exclusive Fire Pro or some weird real life promotion where the wrestlers wrestle exactly like Fire Pro characters.

https://twitter.com/sc_prowrestling

Guess we'll find out 3/2 in San Francisco

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

If anyone is still interested in Champions, they started a Gauntlet Blitz. You take a team and have like 8 fights for some okay prizes. The catch is you can't heal, but damage persists during fights meaning you can take 2-4 guys to beat a harder fight.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
gaunlet blitz is p cool and decent rewards even on the easiest difficulty at least

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Good thing Nintendo remembered to have their Mario, Zelda, and Wrestling on point again like old times. Whichever console released a new Fire Pro was gonna get this money. Hell, R on PS3 with easy save sharing drat near justified the console itself. I'm glad Spike wants this money again.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Now here's the odd thing. In Fire Pro the wrestlers don't grapple and dip like that. Timing is for exact moment of the grapple. That dip after the grapple is for the timing from King of Colosseum.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

remusclaw posted:

Now here's the odd thing. In Fire Pro the wrestlers don't grapple and dip like that. Timing is for exact moment of the grapple. That dip after the grapple is for the timing from King of Colosseum.

I'd be down for a new KOC too.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

looks like it's time for the Dez Baroni shooter push

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Champions: why is Jericho's head so small/hands so large?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Hands have to be large to put all of the STUPID IDIOTS on The List.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MysticalMachineGun posted:

he got cancer

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Gauntlet Blitz was fun but wow I ran out of tickets pretty quick. I assume I can get more for the low price of only $99!

I seem to have found either a bug or a handy feature with Bubba Ray Dudley. His middle signature adds 2 shields to random jewels, and his finisher hits something like 2500 damage plus an extra 500 or so per shield. But it seems that each time the AI makes a match to try to kick out the shield damage gets reapplied, including the final count of 3. So it's literally impossible for the AI to kick out of a pin (sans tag interference) since no matter how many combos it gives itself the game still adds ~1000 damage at the three count. I assume the same applies to any character's finisher that has these shield buffs.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
in Champions, if you havent, go back to previous tours you didnt unlock hard mode for and see if you can. They stick a lot of Tokens behind that and while I'm a little stuck on the Euro tour I am able to hard mode a lot of the Live tour and get some stuff that'll get some of my dudes to 2* Silvers

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Sadly you need a Big Show and a Booker T to get to hard on the Live tour. I just need a couple more tokens but nothing ever drops those types :(

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

ShootaBoy posted:

Sadly you need a Big Show and a Booker T to get to hard on the Live tour. I just need a couple more tokens but nothing ever drops those types :(

some of the stages dont require anyone to unlock special tho, so it is still something

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The daily download limit is infuriating. And I think I might have hit a....logo limit when I tried downloading a Kurt Angle CAW but it let me download others after? No idea.

Seems like a smoother 2K16 with a better UI and less loading times. 2K16 tightened up.

That's good enough for me. Especially with that roster.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Most of my roster is stuck around 850 - 873 while I grind in vain trying to get the tokens to enhance them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

This stupid event is lying to me. It says it has dumbells as a reward but its day 2 and all I've seen are coins, posters and fuckin' shirts.