Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pedialyte
Jul 27, 2003

"With the breakdown of the Medieval system, the gods of Chaos, Lunacy, and Bad Taste gained ascendancy." Ignatius was writing in one of his Big Chief tablets.
Good to hear, thanks! I will swap it out and I should probably order Horizon as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Instant Grat posted:

The clown is Bob Utsonomiya - he gives you DLC items (which the English version has gotten for free with the patches), as well as completion rewards for completing certain sets of substories and minigames and whatnot.

If it's anything like previous games in the series, plates are for selling and the watches can be equipped to give you a lil' charm boost when you're talking to hostesses (or just sold because honestly gently caress the hostesses).

I would personally send the plates to Majima when you get the chance to transfer items starting in chapter 6

It is a ton easier to make massive money with Kiryu than it is Majima. (Conversely Majima's skills all cost less to buy but Kiryu gets a billion yen every 10 minutes for doing mothing)

And most hostess items are basically worthless short of Majima hunting down some hostesses for his club

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
When is Sony going to port Tombi 1and 2 to the PS4

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

exploded mummy posted:

I would personally send the plates to Majima when you get the chance to transfer items starting in chapter 6

It is a ton easier to make massive money with Kiryu than it is Majima. (Conversely Majima's skills all cost less to buy but Kiryu gets a billion yen every 10 minutes for doing mothing)

And most hostess items are basically worthless short of Majima hunting down some hostesses for his club

Can you send money too? Because the real estate happened and completely halted my forward progress until I beat these assholes. Now I have infinite money and just need time to build the % on media king. I could not for the life of me do that disco game so it will take longer now.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
is there a good cheap knock-off ps4 controller around?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

is there a good cheap knock-off ps4 controller around?

Real ones hit 35 on ebay regularly. Don't know how cheap you are looking.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bombadilillo posted:

Can you send money too? Because the real estate happened and completely halted my forward progress until I beat these assholes. Now I have infinite money and just need time to build the % on media king. I could not for the life of me do that disco game so it will take longer now.

You can send money too, but the game won't let you send unlimited finds until yoy max friendship with either Mr Moneybags. (Kiryu's is hanging out in the pool bar Vincent. Majima's is the guitarist outside of the Grand)

You can't max friendship until the final chapter of the story or Premium Adventure.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 23, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

You can send money too, but the game won't let you send unlimited finds until yoy max friendship with either Mr Moneybags.

You can't max friendship until the final chapter of the story or Premium Adventure.

I don't know what you mean by friendship, cause Im still in chapter 5 doing side stuff between upgrading hotels. I just want to unlock all of bat-fu asap.

I imagine the meeting to be, "hey lets be friends" "Ok heres $20,000,000,000" I cant wait, this is a good game.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Feb 23, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bombadilillo posted:

I don't know what you mean by friendship, cause Im still in chapter 5 doing side stuff between upgrading hotels. I just want to unlock all of bat-fu asap.

I imagine the meeting to be, "hey lets be friends" "Ok heres $20,000,000,000" I cant wait, this is a good game.

It's more like Japanese Donald Trump is like "Hey I represent a global cartel of investment bankers and we've identified a great nightclub investment opportunity with a guy named M-san in Sotenbori. You in?"

You meet him when he teaches you to distract poor people/enemies by making it rain yen.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

When is Sony going to port Tombi 1and 2 to the PS4

They're making us eat the sad shrooms

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

It's more like Japanese Donald Trump is like "Hey I represent a global cartel of investment bankers and we've identified a great nightclub investment opportunity with a guy named M-san in Sotenbori. You in?"

You meet him when he teaches you to distract poor people/enemies by making it rain yen.

I liked that guy, I thought I'd never use that tactic, 30 minutes later all items were basically free and I had 50 mil to collect and restart, I'm not fighting you drunk, have a million.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Feb 23, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bombadilillo posted:

Isnt hdr on all ps4's?

Technically but idk if you can see it via the older hdmi port it uses because i got a pro to go with my 4k set.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Technically but idk if you can see it via the older hdmi port it uses because i got a pro to go with my 4k set.

Pretty sure they all output it fine. Based on the games updating to take advantage of it of course. I don't know for sure, cause I bought a high end TV the year before HDR became a thing. loving technology cycle man.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Haha, I can't believe I missed out on Until Dawn to now. I'm about 4 hours in and I'm loving every schlocky teen slasher minute of it.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Ghost Recon is basically as cool as i thought it would be, which is exciting. I've only played a little bit though, because it wouldn't connect at first and my PS4 hard locked when I tried to close the game. Less exciting

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

exquisite tea posted:

Haha, I can't believe I missed out on Until Dawn to now. I'm about 4 hours in and I'm loving every schlocky teen slasher minute of it.

It's really loving awesome, though don't read anything about it at all until you finish the game. It's one of those games where the 'choice' and divergent path aspect is pretty overhyped and the main beats of the story play out exactly the same give or take the presence of a character.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kin posted:

It's really loving awesome, though don't read anything about it at all until you finish the game. It's one of those games where the 'choice' and divergent path aspect is pretty overhyped and the main beats of the story play out exactly the same give or take the presence of a character.

Yeah, I agree with this finding out that several characters are literally invincible until the last moment of the game really REALLY drains certain scenes of tension.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Kin posted:

I recommend https://youtu.be/AmkTRAvMYmM for some cool ideas about this game. And different approaches to that game that sounded way cooler then the games itself was. Which was good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Until Dawn is excellent and makes anything made by David cage look poo poo by comparison.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Until Dawn is excellent and makes anything made by David cage look poo poo by comparison.

Agreed. Supermassive took one swing at it and did it better than Cage's entire collection.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Agreed. Supermassive took one swing at it and did it better than Cage's entire collection.

The premise and concept of Detroit tickled my scifi bone. But I know its gonna be all cagey.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
I'm thinking about finally buying the PS4 Pro today, and I'm thinking about picking up Nioh as the first game for the system. I've been playing the first Dark Souls to see if I'd be able to play Nioh, and so far, I feel like I have an okay handle on it. However, I'm wondering if I should buy a game that's easier/more accessible.

Gravity Rush 2 looked pretty interesting, and I saw that the original game was remastered for PS4. Is it easy to jump into Gravity Rush 2, or is better to start with the first game?

The only other game I'm looking at right now is Dragon Quest Builders, which so far looks like Dragon Quest mixed with Minecraft. I've played Minecraft (although it's been a few years now since I last played it), but I've never played a Dragon Quest game before.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bombadilillo posted:

The premise and concept of Detroit tickled my scifi bone. But I know its gonna be all cagey.

I agree, though the investigative policing parts of his games are surprisingly strong.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Max Wilco posted:

I'm thinking about finally buying the PS4 Pro today, and I'm thinking about picking up Nioh as the first game for the system. I've been playing the first Dark Souls to see if I'd be able to play Nioh, and so far, I feel like I have an okay handle on it. However, I'm wondering if I should buy a game that's easier/more accessible.

Gravity Rush 2 looked pretty interesting, and I saw that the original game was remastered for PS4. Is it easy to jump into Gravity Rush 2, or is better to start with the first game?

The only other game I'm looking at right now is Dragon Quest Builders, which so far looks like Dragon Quest mixed with Minecraft. I've played Minecraft (although it's been a few years now since I last played it), but I've never played a Dragon Quest game before.

Buy Titanfall 2, Bloodborne, and The Last of Us...all 3 combined for the price of 1 new game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Max Wilco posted:

Nioh is a fine choice but I would recommend bloodborne over it. Depends on what you are looking for really.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

play bloodborne.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

What got me interested in dragon quest builders was that someone compared it to Dark Cloud, and that's a fairly good comparison. But if you want to geek out and get full benefit of the pro, that's not the game for it.
GR2 is fine to start with unless you personally need to know all the minor minutiae of what happened in the first one.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
PSN refusing to take my money kept me from preordering Horizon :toot:

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Buy Titanfall 2, Bloodborne, and The Last of Us...all 3 combined for the price of 1 new game.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Nioh is a fine choice but I would recommend bloodborne over it. Depends on what you are looking for really.

baram. posted:

play bloodborne.

I'm really not that interested in Bloodborne. I'm sure it's a really good game, but I don't know that much about it, other than that it's Dark Souls with a Victorian/Lovecraftian style. Nioh grabs me a lot more, but it looks like it takes a 1-2 months to ship on Amazon at the moment.

Attitude Indicator posted:

What got me interested in dragon quest builders was that someone compared it to Dark Cloud, and that's a fairly good comparison. But if you want to geek out and get full benefit of the pro, that's not the game for it.
GR2 is fine to start with unless you personally need to know all the minor minutiae of what happened in the first one.
I played Dark Cloud 2 and I remember really liking it, despite never finishing it. I was happy to see that both it and the original game are available as PS2 Classics for PS4. I'll have to keep DQ Builders in mind.

As far as Gravity Rush goes, I just wasn't sure you needed to play the first game in order to figure out what's going on in the GR2. Maybe I'll pick it up it up before I buy Nioh.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

GR2 is exactly the same as GR1 but there's more of it and its flaws are no longer excusable quirky handheldisms but instead boneheaded design that apparently will not be returning in a third game because sales were dismal.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Is there any recourse for trophies not unlocking? I got plat in mgs3 on the Vita and using transfarring you're supposed to unlock all trophies on ps3. It unlocked almost all of them but random ones didnt. For example the trophy for killing the end didn't trigger but the ones for all the other bosses and beating the game did.

The ones that didn't unlock aren't too hard to get again but that's another 3 or 4 hours of play

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

GR2 is exactly the same as GR1 but there's more of it and its flaws are no longer excusable quirky handheldisms but instead boneheaded design that apparently will not be returning in a third game because sales were dismal.

What sort of boneheaded design are we talking about? Is it something that would keep you from recommending the game?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Nioh's a really fun game and part of the reason I want to upgrade to a Pro just to take advantage of some of those features.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Max Wilco posted:

What sort of boneheaded design are we talking about?

i'm not gonna poo poo out a big list of problems or anything, i think the game is decent 3/5 but here are my main concerns:

1 the play control and camera leave a lot to be desired in the more action heavy scenes, and the new fighting styles don't really do enough to make combat deeper now that you basically want to throw debris at enemies to skip the clunky gravity kicking all together.
2 the direction of the game's cutscenes and conversations leaves a lot of dead air silence in between things that saps all the energy out of what's happening in the games disjointed pastiche of three separate but similar stories that never really coalesce into a decent or interesting plot
3 the mission design is really lacking in the campaign, flipping between stealth missions, combat trials, and wild goose chases around town without much else, and frustrating one-off activities in the side missions where you wrestle with the play control more than usual trying to play tower defense or some other hair brained idea that the mechanics don't support that well..

i wanted to love the game but there's much better poo poo out in the last two months on ps4 to get into than gr2.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
For GR2 I was mainly disappointed that it ended up spending so much time back in the GR1 world. It's just so dark and dreary compared to the new one. I guess they thought all those NPCs from the first game were more memorable than they were to me, even though I didn't play GR1 all that long ago.

I still love the game because of the weird way flying works, but I am sure lots of people would have liked a more conventional flying system.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i hate the r1, aim, r1 system for changing direction with a burning passion

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

aka good as hell, I agree

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

i hate the r1, aim, r1 system for changing direction with a burning passion
Yeah I figured more people would dislike it than like it, and for practical reasons it drives me crazy sometimes, but there's still something about it that I love that I can't put my finger on.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 24, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the director seems to think the series is dead and sony is gonna ice it. its a shame theres great potential there for a broad appeal game but i don't think they did enough to the formula in 2 to get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Attitude Indicator posted:

This is wrong. Gravity Rush 2 is mostly standalone, but when it starts continuing Gravity Rush's plot it's going to assume you already know everything that happened in that game. Play Gravity Rush first.