Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

A human heart posted:

nobody reads your bad blog

Agreed, do you really have to post about every blog post that you make? I don't find the blog posts interesting at all. It's nice that you are posting about relevant music in this thread but the blog spam seems unnecessary to me.
If it's really so good, others will link to it.

Entropist fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Skinny Puppy is coming to Finland in June and I'm flipping out, guys

We're also getting In Strict Confidence in just a couple of weeks, Rabia Sorda, VAC, Covenant and Rammstein, at least. Might be the single greatest year in terms of foreign industrial acts in this country ever. Also Perturbator and Carpenter Brut, if you want to lump 'em in the same pile.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

extradite THIS! posted:

We're also getting In Strict Confidence in just a couple of weeks, Rabia Sorda, VAC, Covenant and Rammstein, at least. Might be the single greatest year in terms of foreign industrial acts in this country ever. Also Perturbator and Carpenter Brut, if you want to lump 'em in the same pile.

Carpenter Brut are absolutely incredible live. I mean, so are some of those other bands too, but CB are so good.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Of the people I know in person who like synthwave, every single one also likes 80s industrial. Must be those sweet (simulated) analog synths.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
I've mentioned it here before I think, but anyone who likes synthwave should listen to Mlada Fronta's Outrun album. It's basically an awesome take on synthwave from a techno-industrial artist who Knows Their poo poo.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

You guys are in for a treat! The set list for the American dates was sublime. Hands down the best show I've seen from them post-reformation.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

extradite THIS! posted:

And also to the Netherlands, apparently! Gonna be good.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

extradite THIS! posted:

Yeah I'll be in Europe for WGT, and am pretty excited they'll be there.

Lol I also just went and listened to some VNV Nation for nostalgia, and found the Resonance album.

"VNV Nation songs set to an orchestra? That sounds like it could be awesome!"

"Oh, wait, right, Ronan Harris actually, genuinely cannot sing, and his gravelly rasping only works over their usual trancey stuff. Ouch."

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I like that track he did with Peter Spilles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-sROYoC8TQ

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Lol I also just went and listened to some VNV Nation for nostalgia, and found the Resonance album.

"Oh, wait, right, Ronan Harris actually, genuinely cannot sing, and his gravelly rasping only works over their usual trancey stuff. Ouch."
Just wait until you experience the sheer audio nightmare of Combichrist + orchestra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e27-vI4C6o

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Wikkheiser posted:

Just wait until you experience the sheer audio nightmare of Combichrist + orchestra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e27-vI4C6o

The audience does not seem impressed.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

The audience does not seem impressed.

Why would they be

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

extradite THIS! posted:

Why would they be

Presumably they paid to see this happen.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

Presumably they paid to see this happen.

Exactly - why would someone be impressed when they buy a ticket expecting to see something cool and they get this awful thing.

Also, they might've been there for Subway to Sally or Lord of the Lost. I can actually imagine StS working pretty well in such a setting, they've done a lot of acoustic stuff.

Edit: Lord of the Lost, however, was and is always bad.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 31, 2017

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Deine Lakaien have done a few orchestral performances, and they're pretty awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCoI4MEpPZ4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we3eQtkLzdU

It helps that a) Veljanov can sing and b) Horn is both a talented musician and a massive classical music nerd.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Is someone here in Ivardensphere or did they just pay with them live? I have a weird recollection along those lines. Either way, Ivardensphere at Infest in the summer. So get all up on this UK folk

That is me (I play live), and I'll see you there.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Twiin posted:

That is me (I play live), and I'll see you there.

Yessssss

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

extradite THIS! posted:

Edit: Lord of the Lost, however, was and is always bad.
Which is why I'm so confused Chris Pohl loves them so much because Chris Pohl is actually cool and good

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I want to go to Infest.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Wikkheiser posted:

I want to go to Infest.

I suggest that you go to Infest.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Cyborgdrive - Majestic Land. Electric disco that's somewhere between synthwave and EBM, and seems to have fans on the EBM/futurepop side. Have been going decades and evidently I should have heard of them by now. Too many tracks on this album are noodly instrumental filler, the vocal tracks are better. "A Place in Time" and "Stolen Innocences" were my favourites, "Freedom Tonight" and "Cell" are ok. Worth a spin.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

divabot posted:

Cyborgdrive - Majestic Land. Electric disco that's somewhere between synthwave and EBM, and seems to have fans on the EBM/futurepop side. Have been going decades and evidently I should have heard of them by now. Too many tracks on this album are noodly instrumental filler, the vocal tracks are better. "A Place in Time" and "Stolen Innocences" were my favourites, "Freedom Tonight" and "Cell" are ok. Worth a spin.

This is pretty good, although my opinion is kind of the opposite to yours. To me the tracks with male vocals sound like they could be just about any futurepop band. Solitary Experiments comes to mind. The female vocalists fare better, but even then I prefer the instrumental material. Cool to hear stuff like this from Spain in any case.

edit: Actually, if you like this, you might want to check out my countryman Kebu. He's more retro and definitely has no vocals at all, but you might want to check it out anyway: https://kebu.bandcamp.com/album/perplexagon

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 1, 2017

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

extradite THIS! posted:

edit: Actually, if you like this, you might want to check out my countryman Kebu. He's more retro and definitely has no vocals at all, but you might want to check it out anyway: https://kebu.bandcamp.com/album/perplexagon

Not bad, but particular credit for offering an "itunes mastering", i.e. not LOUDNESS WARS mixed. Though these days, bleepy poo poo sounds not quite right to me if it doesn't have a LOUDNESS WARS mix ...

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Yeah I'll be in Europe for WGT, and am pretty excited they'll be there.

Yeah, I'd love all the VNV Nation albums so much more with no vocals :(

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
does speedcore count

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
Just got back from a Youth Code show. They absolutely killed it. The lineup was kind of curious. 3 metalcore bands, Youth Code, and a dream pop band that was shockingly good.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm still here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_klLrDycqA

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
So I'm just getting back into internet radio. What are favoured streaming radio stations that are on topic for this thread?

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
RantRadio Industrial is the only one I still listen to sometimes, and the best one I found: http://rantmedia.ca/industrial/
Apparently Digital Gunfire still exists too, and Dark Asylum which seemed more aggrotech-y, and Schwarze Welle for a more German and more gothy approach. But I haven't listened to these last few in like a year or two. I'm sure there are others too.

These days, last.fm also streams from Youtube and Spotify and it can match quite well with what you have listened to in the past (pulling up a mix of songs that you played before and ones that you didn't but are in the same genres), so that's what I use more often now as an alternative to streaming radio.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Yeah. Spotify, find a song you like. Right click on the dots, start radio.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Spotify's daily mixes are really good too. Mine are smart enough to make seperate playlists for EBM/futurepop type stuff and more industrial rock/metal type stuff.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

I typically just throw a band into Pandora and then add one or two more for flavor. Curate it with some "thumbs down" and it will work out OK, depending on taste.

Failed Nihilist
Apr 10, 2015
What's the consensus on the Communion After Dark show? I like them, but they're a little on the ebm/synthpop end for my tastes.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches

Danger - Octopus! posted:

So, after announcing Wulfband as the first of the lineup at Infest 2017 this summer, we're now getting treated to Revolting Cocks performing the entirety of Big Sexy Land live as well. So that's pretty cool.

Edit: proper RevCo, with Richard 23, Chris Connelly, Luc Van Acker and Paul Barker.

I saw them at Coldwaves and they were all killer, no filler. The crowd roared like a lion in a loving cage - lots of crowd surfing and yee-hawing.
You will have a great time.

Cliche Guevara fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 16, 2017

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Cliche Guevara posted:

I saw them at Coldwaves and they were all killer, no filler. The crowd roared like a lion in a loving cage - lots of crowd surfing and yee-hawing.
You will have a great time.

I have actually seen two different incarnations/spinoffs of RevCo before. I saw RevCo Soundsystem in 2007 and they were hilariously poor, then I saw Cocksure a couple of years ago and they were just a bit dull, so I'm really looking forward to something very close to original RevCo finally!

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Oh, this is a nice one, just discovered the Syntheads. Tailgating is a really nice 114bpm disco pop song with the lovely voice of Jules Straw from Pinklogik and a good beat and good melodies all the way through. There's also an EP. Both include stems, in a blatant invitation to remix it yourself.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

divabot posted:

So I'm just getting back into internet radio. What are favoured streaming radio stations that are on topic for this thread?

Google Play Music has an insane amount of well-curated industrial music stations.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

I toss Youth Code into my playlist when I hit the Y. They totally work for cardio. So angry.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

hatelull posted:

I toss Youth Code into my playlist when I hit the Y. They totally work for cardio. So angry.

Why would you listen to anything but homoerotic EBM in the gym??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vovRPWgae-I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eUVzW0XUkI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx8VevNZWPc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek6sd8IxoTs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I second that.

This one is for obligatory post-workout sauna:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljVWrs2ltCQ