Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natron
Aug 5, 2004

HyperPuma posted:

i heard the switch is a turd c/d?

Easy D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I wonder if there's going to be a bunch of different random type screens used, like some people will get an IPS and some will get a TN.

No no no no no

You're doing it wrong.

Some people will get the Super-Awesome-Amazing-Battery that lasts for 6 hours while playing Zelda
The rest will get the lovely-One-We-Had-To-Use-To-Fill-Orders that only lasts 2 hours.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yes, please ceast and desist your posting.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
But I'll be honest with you I don't think I'd actually use the switch outside of my house because can you imagine pulling it out at an airport or a park or something, how loving embarrassing

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Stop triggering me :catstare:

Fun fact. the first Vita had OLED, the second revision had LCD

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Natron posted:

Ooh, that Mario one is quite snazzy... I'll have to seriously consider that as well...

Also, why is it listed under Commodore Amiga?

Half the fun of the amazon.ca Nintendo Switch selection is items being listed under random, old as poo poo consoles. I suspect they don't want to make a proper category yet because the console is sold out and they don't feel the need to advertise their lack of stock.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Calaveron posted:

But I'll be honest with you I don't think I'd actually use the switch outside of my house because can you imagine pulling it out at an airport or a park or something, how loving embarrassing

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Calaveron posted:

I too give a gently caress about what strangers think

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Calaveron posted:

I'm just so confused by all these power bank options and usb c cable options and how if you get the wrong one your expensive shiny new toy has a substantial chance to literally burst into flames and I'm sad that that severely limits its portability

got you covered

o7

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

You also have a dead, gay system? Do you also play bummerman because you like the box art so much?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

japtor posted:

Don't need to stop at NES, people have gotten other emulators on there too. Last I saw there's SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo, and (running like poo poo) N64.

Sounds like its literally a rasberry pi in a new shape.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Bombadilillo posted:

Sounds like its literally a rasberry pi in a new shape.

It's based on an Allwinner chip so it's much closer related to a Cubieboard or Orange pi

:goonsay:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Play Milk with strangers in public

Break down social barriers

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
How waterproof is the switch? I'm gonna use it on the shitter mostly

this is important

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
This is my external battery pack

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/motomaster-eliminator-powerbox-2000-0112028p.html

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you don't carry around a Tesla power wall on your back

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdE9kygpwls

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Calaveron posted:

You'd be surprised how many grown rear end adults (40-60) play Candy Crush or Pokémon Go on my morning train.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Calaveron posted:

I see people playing on tablets in public pretty often. It's not a weird thing to do anymore.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
question: do you have to wash you're switch after you shat while switching or is it okay to just wash hands or neither

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

question: do you have to wash you're switch after you shat while switching or is it okay to just wash hands or neither

i take off all my clothes when i go to the bathroom

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

If you wiped your rear end, then you should wash your hands

If you didn't wipe, then you should wash your rear end

Oh I misunderstood

I will not wash my Switch after pooping because I will set it down on the bathtub before wiping my rear end and then washing my hands. Like my phone.

I still clean my phone everyday tho because it gets gross at work.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 24, 2017

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Are you making GBS threads on your hands? If so, no.

If yes, seek help.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Does the Switch include a bidet? This is important.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbG3F9RwlcY

Did no one think to try the switch controllers under a blanket?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://youtu.be/SbG3F9RwlcY

GameXplain tested out the desyncing issue. I'm really hoping this isn't going to be a major issue, but it sounds like it's going to be annoying as gently caress.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So it's a bluetooth device. They freak out with anything human in the way. If I tilt my head the wrong way sometimes my Tone Pros skip.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Jonas Albrecht posted:

GameXplain tested out the desyncing issue. I'm really hoping this isn't going to be a major issue, but it sounds like it's going to be annoying as gently caress.

Wow that's terrible. I hope they can do something about it with a firmware update

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
What a loving joke.

Hey VG, rush job? Yes. Yes it is.

You all may want to cancel those preorders because that poo poo isn't going to be fixed via firmware. It will be a hardware revision.

Or you can just buy the new joycon v1.1a for 89 in a month!

Just wait until you press your trigger bumps. Because that is why it's losing signal. Your index finger blocks the loving thing. People reporting this aren't losing signal because they are playing Zelda with the thing behind its back. Also, better not be 10 feet or more from your tv.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

PerrineClostermann posted:

So it's a bluetooth device. They freak out with anything human in the way. If I tilt my head the wrong way sometimes my Tone Pros skip.

In my experience both Wiimotes and DS3/DS4s have really stable bluetooth connections, it can obviously be done

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What the ... I was told I could play while sprawled on the couch like a dead man.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Utnayan posted:

What a loving joke.

Hey VG, rush job? Yes. Yes it is.

You all may want to cancel those preorders because that poo poo isn't going to be fixed via firmware. It will be a hardware revision.

Or you can just buy the new joycon v1.1a for 89 in a month!

Just wait until you press your trigger bumps. Because that is why it's losing signal. Your index finger blocks the loving thing

Uh sorry dude but you're not gonna trick me into canceling my preorder. good luck refreshing that page though.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Idk why people think this needs to be a hardware revision unless the Bluetooth tech in the Switch is hilariously specialized

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Uh sorry dude but you're not gonna trick me into canceling my preorder. good luck refreshing that page though.

Ha! I'm not touching this with a ten foot pole. It's going to be a loving disaster.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Kashuno posted:

Idk why people think this needs to be a hardware revision unless the Bluetooth tech in the Switch is hilariously specialized

Nintendo cheaped out on the hardware because they firmly believes that's where their profit margin lies. So what do you think. :)

These idiots won't even license Dolby to give 5.1 surround to everyone. How many people have receivers capable of passing LPCM. Because if you don't, welcome to stereo.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So they would spend additional money to specialize their Bluetooth receivers in order to save money because...

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Kashuno posted:

So they would spend additional money to specialize their Bluetooth receivers in order to save money because...

The same way they didn't want to license DVD with the GameCube so they went with mini discs on their own format,? It's Nintendo. They are retards.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Only 8 days left, gonna be hard waiting all day to get home from work on the 3rd to play Zelda.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I mean yeah sometimes but they could also just release a firmware update that lowers the battery life by like 10 minutes to increase the power to the Bluetooth antenna unless they are maxing that out which seems unlikely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Don't respond to the person who is getting really mad about video games

• Locked thread