Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Does anybody have/remember who made the cartoon about how climate change denialists would never, ever come around even if the effects were immediate and obvious (I think the specific cartoon had a flood)? Because they loving nailed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Yeah but look at how nice it is! Birds singing, bees buzzing, not a sign of apocalyptic typhoon or killing drought...

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Paul Dacre and the Daily Mail – Tony Blair has denied that a Labour government paid compensation to the former Guantánamo Bay detainee who went on to blow himself up in Iraq, and accused the Daily Mail of hypocritical coverage"

Bonus! Tribune magazine:

Independent:

Times:

Swedish MEP says Boris Johnson's liberation comment crossed 'red line'; FA Cup: Wayne Shaw's pie resignation 'a nightmare' says Sutton boss Paul Doswell

Mail:
MAC ON... Betting and football

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

SomeMathGuy posted:

Does anybody have/remember who made the cartoon about how climate change denialists would never, ever come around even if the effects were immediate and obvious (I think the specific cartoon had a flood)? Because they loving nailed it.

e: This is how conversations with my wingnutty in-laws usually go.

Them: Boy, it's hot outside, and it's only March. Har har global warming, amiright?
Me: Wait, are you finally admitting that global warming is a thing?
Them: Eh, I don't care anymore. We should be focusing on The Blacks.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 23, 2017

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

That's the one I was thinking of, thanks!

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Angepain posted:

Admittedly nobody has died and made me official arbiter of the political cartoons thread but still

I'd rather we didn't

Point taken.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Are you loving kidding me

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

This is bothering me way more than it should.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"Reform"? Not "repeal"?

Shh... just let them slowly change their position until it was the republican position all along to fix the aca by adding a public option.

Dr. Stab fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 23, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

seiferguy posted:

The cartoonist missed the opportunity of drawing a shoestika.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Clearly it's a shoe sunwheel and thus is identifying Trump with a broader white supremacist movement than "just" Naziism per se.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/22/media/trump-media-trust-quinnipiac/index.html

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Lol you trust the media to tell you this? Clearly it's fake news. Trump actually has a 97% approval rate if you discount all the fraudulent citizens.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Dr. Stab posted:

Lol you trust the media to tell you this? Clearly it's fake news. Trump actually has a 97% approval rate if you discount all the fraudulent citizens.

No, he has a 100% support rate among citizens, by definition.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Sandpuppy posted:

Eeek! Is that a food stamp?!
Phew, good thing it doesn't work that way.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

seiferguy posted:

Trump's just a fan of Banzai Records.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Brezhnev, what are you doing here?

I'm loving the utter contempt Bors has for Trump here. There's nothing in the cartoon requiring him to be a baby, but he is anyway because why not, gently caress him.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

like, woah

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

David Rowe:

As with Pope's cartoon: the Fair Work Commission has cut penalty rates for Sundays and public holidays for hospitality and retail workers. The Pope cartoon also points out directly that this is at a time of slow wage growth saddled with large household debt.

Bill Leak:

On the left are Labor former PMs Bob Hawke and Kevin Rudd. "Silly old bugger" is a famous Hawke quote.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Should have just been a picture of an iron lung.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Trapezium Dave posted:

Bill Leak:

On the left are Labor former PMs Bob Hawke and Kevin Rudd. "Silly old bugger" is a famous Hawke quote.

Did Leak draw an old Tintin?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

Did Leak draw an old Tintin?
From Wikipedia:

Wikipedia: List of Tintin parodies and pastiches posted:

Former Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, then opposition leader, was portrayed as Tintin for at least 6 months in 2007 by political cartoonist Bill Leak. Moulinsart threatening legal action and demanded payment for past sales of the Rudd-Tintin likeness. Leak refused to give undertakings to cease using the character in future cartoons on the basis of the fair dealing exception for the purposes of parody and satire. Moulinsart conceded this point but continued to insist that Leak not profit commercially from publication of the cartoons.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

So I've been reading this thread for a few years now. If you'd have asked me around the time I started following it if right wing political cartoonists would someday freely admit that it's unusually hot outside I'd have laughed in your face. What the gently caress exactly is going on? I'm downright surprised they broke from the narrative to make a slew of "LOL IT HOT" cartoons.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

So I've been reading this thread for a few years now. If you'd have asked me around the time I started following it if right wing political cartoonists would someday freely admit that it's unusually hot outside I'd have laughed in your face. What the gently caress exactly is going on? I'm downright surprised they broke from the narrative to make a slew of "LOL IT HOT" cartoons.

Because they don't think they're admitting to anything being unusual, it's either "IF GLOBAL WARMING WHY SNOW" or "GOD HAS BLESSED US WITH GORGEOUS UNSEASONABLE WEATHER" and the two aren't linked at all in any way.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

This thread is probably the one of three places in the world that actually makes note of the historic trends in political cartoons.

For that reason, political cartoonists get away with being extremely lazy, disingenuous, and repetitive.

They basically start their career at 1990s Garfield level.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

The hot new take in conservative circles is "global warming is good, actually."

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Republicans posted:

My idiot coworker's stance is "I'm sure they'll invent something to fix it."

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Thats why to me the most scary thing to me is the oceans temperature. Thats like a battery accumulating energy. Or the inertia of a train. Something giganteus with a giganteus inertia is basically unstoppable. Anyway probably is more realist the wars that will spawn on fishing competition.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The free market will solve it! :downs:

Yeah, but how--

FREE. MARKET.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Jonas Albrecht posted:

A good offshoot of the "If we ruin the Earth we can always just go to Mars" argument.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Stephanie McMillan crashes through the window, screaming, and begins to choke your coworker with medicinal vines

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

George Lucas should not cosplay as a Jedi.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

This guy publishes weekly from my neck of the woods, and doesn't really seem to get political cartoons at all. There's not really any subtlety.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Republicans posted:

Please elaborate because what the gently caress.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

FaradayCage posted:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

whomupclicklike posted:

This guy publishes weekly from my neck of the woods, and doesn't really seem to get political cartoons at all. There's not really any subtlety.
Number of subtle cartoonists posted in this thread can be counted on one hand.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

FaradayCage posted:

"How about this great weather we've been having?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

I'm kind of surprised this paper has a dedicated cartoonist since they've been laying off reporters left and right.

• Locked thread