Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Switch player: *"accidentally" maneuvers Mario's face to clip through Bowser's crotch over and over again*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Switch Player: "oh boy! I can't wait to play the new Metroid game!"

Metroid Switch: *doesn't exist*

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Applewhite posted:

Switch player: *"accidentally" maneuvers Mario's face to clip through Bowser's crotch over and over again*

those are advanced smash bros tactics man

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Applewhite posted:

There is a person having an ongoing meltdown in the switch thread claiming to have insider info and that a Metroid Prime 4 is coming.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Nintendo Switch? More like Nintendo Bitch :smug:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Nintendo: "Time to give the people what they've been asking for for years."

*releases new Mario Party game*

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Applewhite posted:

Nintendo Switch? More like Nintendo Bitch :smug:

this but ironically, and also unironically ironically

also there has been no good metroid game since super metroid, nintnedo if you make a good 2d metroid again I'll buy your silly plastic box

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Code Jockey posted:

this but ironically, and also unironically ironically

also there has been no good metroid game since super metroid, nintnedo if you make a good 2d metroid again I'll buy your silly plastic box

*Hires the mighty No. 9 guy to make it*

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Applewhite posted:

lmao

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Another great product from Wintendo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbG3F9RwlcY

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
that controller looks awkward and uncomfortable as gently caress

I have giant hands and I'm trying to contort them into how I imagine I'd hold it and lol no thanks

I also prefer the original, enormous first gen xbox controller so v:shobon:v

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Code Jockey posted:

that controller looks awkward and uncomfortable as gently caress

I have giant hands and I'm trying to contort them into how I imagine I'd hold it and lol no thanks

I also prefer the original, enormous first gen xbox controller so v:shobon:v

Maybe it's Nintendo's way of telling you assholes you're too old to play video games
With your man hands and fat fingers

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Carmant posted:

Another great product from Wintendo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbG3F9RwlcY

lovely gimmick that huge sacrifices are made to support doesn't even work right on lovely gimmick nintendo console

Part 3 In an Ongoing Series, At 11.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Maybe it's Nintendo's way of telling you assholes you're too old to play video games
With your man hands and fat fingers

gently caress.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Macs have more games than the Nintendo Switch.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

happyhippy posted:

Macs have more games than the Nintendo Switch.

Huffing your own farts is just as fun on both platforms

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Gamestop have announced you can now trade swap a Barcode Battler for a Nintendo Switch and it's entire collection of 5 games.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
lmfao anyone over the age of 12 playing this dumb loving thing with one game in public

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

No joke this is 100% the case. When the DS first came out, all these loving stupid local news stations did reports on HOW CHILD PREDATORS ARE GOING TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR CHILDREN! TONIGHT AT 10. And you know what it was about? loving Pictochat that was built into the original DS.

poo poo like that is why they won't even allow you to use custom Miis in Smash online. Obviously it's not incapable of doing it. They just don't want news reports about Timmy playing Smash against Hitler.

The abysmal way they handle digital downloads is unrelated though.

cant pedos just call the kids on their phones

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Yes hello video game store? I am a grown adult who desires to purchase the "Nintendo Switch."

My penis? Very small and bad.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

happyhippy posted:

Gamestop have announced you can now trade swap a Barcode Battler for a Nintendo Switch and it's entire collection of 5 games.

drat man i wanted Barcode battler so bad, but i never got it. i want Barcode Battler still to this day, more than Nintendo Switch

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Pretty sure they're shoving the system out to look good before the end of the Japanese fiscal quarter to seem like it isn't one big slump, I mean, why else would you do this madness with no Monster Hunter in Japan markets?

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Rutibex posted:

drat man i wanted Barcode battler so bad, but i never got it. i want Barcode Battler still to this day, more than Nintendo Switch

I was you, then a local toy store went out of business and gave a big discount on a Barcode Battler. I got together what money I had and bought one. It continues to be what I remember as one of the stupidest decisions of my life.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Yes hello video game store? I am a grown adult who desires to purchase the "Nintendo Switch."

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

How expensive is that dock again?

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Applewhite posted:

This isnt a thread for making GBS threads on nintendo switch fans dude.. its for making fun of the switch itself. Lets all just chill out okay? Maybe lay off the red bull.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Applewhite posted:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Applewhite posted:

Applewhite posted:

:newlol:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jtEcja0LUI

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
50% of the time I think that I'd be cool to have a console again and play the zelda and the mario and such. The other 50% of the time I lol at just how bad the switch looks.

:shrug:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Nintendo have just announced they are rebranding it the Nintendo Switch Classic Edition, to confuse players with the console players actually wanted.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nice Van My Man posted:

I was you, then a local toy store went out of business and gave a big discount on a Barcode Battler. I got together what money I had and bought one. It continues to be what I remember as one of the stupidest decisions of my life.

i just watched a youtube review of barcode battler, and i have to say my illusions have been broken. i had envisioned something awesome like PokemonGO, except with barcodes. but the reality is much worse! my mother was right to refuse it to me

i am sorry for your childhood

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Rutibex posted:

i just watched a youtube review of barcode battler, and i have to say my illusions have been broken. i had envisioned something awesome like PokemonGO, except with barcodes. but the reality is much worse! my mother was right to refuse it to me

i am sorry for your childhood

Still better then having to get the lifting gloves from the Mongos to lift a small rock from your path for the 50th loving time.*

*But this time in 480p!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Me at 12: Someday ill earn enough money to buy the newest Nintendo console and all the games

Me at 35: Yes one Nintendo switch please

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

50% of the time I think that I'd be cool to have a console again and play the zelda and the mario and such. The other 50% of the time I lol at just how bad the switch looks.

:shrug:

WiiU gonna be pretty cheap soon, and it has games now

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Me at 12: Someday ill earn enough money to buy the newest Nintendo console and all the games

Me at 35: Yes one Nintendo switch please

Gamestop clerk: "That will be $299 and all of your dignity, thanks."

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Neurolimal posted:

WiiU gonna be pretty cheap soon, and it has games now

And you can softmod them now.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mammal Sauce posted:

And you can softmod them now.

i bet nintendo released the softmod themselves on the down low, to liquidate all the old WiiU hardware

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Carmant posted:

This isnt a thread for making GBS threads on nintendo switch fans dude.. its for making fun of the switch itself. Lets all just chill out okay? Maybe lay off the red bull.

Yes hello video game store? I am the Nintendo Switch.

My game selection? Very small and bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Rutibex posted:

i bet nintendo released the softmod themselves on the down low, to liquidate all the old WiiU hardware

Thats a conspiracy I could buy into.

• Locked thread