Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I use Apex :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Pixel launcher is cool, and also very good.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Taffer posted:

My work got me a pixel today and the very first thing I did was install Nova. I wanted to give the pixel launcher a chance but it was really bad

Incorrect

sleepwalkers posted:

Pixel launcher is cool, and also very good.

Correct

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I still stand behind Action Launcher 3.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

seravid posted:

Is there any info on how common the 6P battery issue is? I'm about to buy one (refurb; can't find it new anywhere) since it remains the best choice in the 300~400€ range and I'd like to know what the odds are.

Why not go for a One Plus 3T at 400 pounds? https://oneplus.net/uk/oneplus-3t

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Decairn posted:

you sonofabitch

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Four hundred pound man with a four hundred pound phone.

M8 I may 'uv pissed away four'undred quid on a rubbish phone but at least me animes are always wiv me.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I dunno that seems awfully heavy for a phone

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Decairn posted:

why

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

But all of that RAM

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...
Anyone ever been prompted by Google Play Services that "Account Action Required"? Then when you tap it, it says there's been a change to my Google Account?

Because, there hasn't been - I'm 2 factored, haven't changed my password recently, and no suspicious activity on my Google Account ( going through the checklist at accounts.google.com ).

So I'm skeptical as gently caress that this is somehow a legitimate pop-up to have on my phone and it will not go away.

Not rooted ( Blackberry lol ), no changes to my Google Account or my phone ( edit: no sketchy or custom apps either - I play it very safe ). I think Google Play Services may have updated recently, but I can't confirm because when I try to go to the Play Store it prompts me with the same login poo poo.

I'm probably way too :tinfoil: but stuff like this out of the blue makes the :siren: go off.

TollTheHounds fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 24, 2017

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

TollTheHounds posted:

Anyone ever been prompted by Google Play Services that "Account Action Required"? Then when you tap it, it says there's been a change to my Google Account?

Because, there hasn't been - I'm 2 factored, haven't changed my password recently, and no suspicious activity on my Google Account ( going through the checklist at accounts.google.com ).

So I'm skeptical as gently caress that this is somehow a legitimate pop-up to have on my phone and it will not go away.

Not rooted ( Blackberry lol ), no changes to my Google Account or my phone. I think Google Play Services may have updated recently, but I can't confirm because when I try to go to the Play Store it prompts me with the same login poo poo.

I'm probably way too :tinfoil: but stuff like this out of the blue makes the :siren: go off.

Yes, it happened to me about an hour ago. Chrome got logged out, I relogged and changed the password. No suspicious activity, but all app permissions disappeared.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

Both my personal account and work account just prompted me to sign in again with that notification.

It also happened on my girlfriend's iPhone, for what it's worth. Something must have been updated.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I had it happen to me as well. Weird.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Same here. Had to login again on my 6p as well as Chrome on my desktop.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Did u see the specs???

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Got that too, I'm hoping it's something as simple as a backend thing changing and not an 'oh poo poo, maybe we got hacked'

e: oh I wonder if it had something to do with this:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/23/google-phone-prompt-two-step-update/

Does everyone who got it use 2fa?

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 24, 2017

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

Skarsnik posted:

Got that too, I'm hoping it's something as simple as a backend thing changing and not an 'oh poo poo, maybe we got hacked'

e: oh I wonder if it had something to do with this:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/23/google-phone-prompt-two-step-update/

Does everyone who got it use 2fa?

I do, and just tried signing in and after 3 attempts with the correct password and 2fa it just throws me back to "you need to sign in again" . It doesn't alert me to wrong password or code just after 10 seconds of "checking info" it brings me back to square 1. :confused:

Edit: I closed the pop up and now it doesn't prompt anymore. So I guess it accepted me signing in again but poo poo the bed afterwards and wouldn't close out.

Still pretty :tinfoil: about this

TollTheHounds fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 24, 2017

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice
Happened to me as well. I don't use 2fa (because I am dumb and scared of losing my key and being stuck up shits creek).

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

TollTheHounds posted:

I do, and just tried signing in and after 3 attempts with the correct password and 2fa it just throws me back to "you need to sign in again" . It doesn't alert me to wrong password or code just after 10 seconds of "checking info" it brings me back to square 1. :confused:

Edit: I closed the pop up and now it doesn't prompt anymore. So I guess it accepted me signing in again but poo poo the bed afterwards and wouldn't close out.

Still pretty :tinfoil: about this

I had some weird issue like this as well. It wouldn't send a code to my phone via text but it did my secondary phone no problem but I learned that after like 10-15 minutes of fiddling with the poo poo.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I use 2 factor and it hasn't happened to me :tinfoil:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

CLAM DOWN posted:

I use 2 factor and it hasn't happened to me :tinfoil:

Same here. Now I'm getting worried!

SB35
Jul 6, 2007
Move along folks, nothing to see here.
I just got this amazing question in the opinion rewards app.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

SB35 posted:

I got that a few hours ago too.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Got my 6P and it's lovely. Not a refurb as I had assumed, turns out, just very gently used. I let Cardboard run for a while and the phone eventually shut down at 2 or 3%, so looks like I'm in the clear!

Decairn posted:

I... I settled :negative:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Horn posted:

Happened to me as well. I don't use 2fa (because I am dumb and scared of losing my key and being stuck up shits creek).

They give you 10 one-time use codes for just this very situation. Also use Authenticator Plus or Authy so you can just restore your 2FA to your (new) device.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SB35 posted:

Hi aware, I'm aflame!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

SB35 posted:

Say no.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Ever since I've gotten my pixel I've had surveys every other day, before I would see maybe one every two weeks.

Google you so kind

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SB35 posted:

I also got this. I wonder if Samsung paid to ask people who owned non-Samsung phones to figure out how many people willingly decided to not buy Samsung phones.

Did anyone answer no and get followup questions?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Ever since I switched to a pixel I've been getting next to zero surveys :negative:

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I went back to my Nexus 5X because the iPhone is driving me nuts. Now I see that Google Home doesn't appear to work anymore? What's going on?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
What do you mean by 'doesn't work'?

Seems okay to me

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Search bar shows, rest is blank.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

Did u see the specs???

I saw the specs that OnePlus are assholes that don't include the network bands I use. gently caress them.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
What is a good case and screen protector for the Pixel XL? Don't need industrial protection or anything, just a slim case to protect from the odd bump or drop and raise it up slightly so that camera doesn't get scratched.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Combat Pretzel posted:

Search bar shows, rest is blank.

I'm using an OG Nexus 6, and mines been like that for about two weeks now, even went and redid all the settings, in case I clicked on something when clearing a card, but no dice. I do still get the weather card tho...

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
That happened to me, force closing the Google app fixed it though.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
https://www.sammobile.com/2017/02/24/samsung-launched-31-new-smartphones-in-2016/

Samsung launched 31 new smartphones in 2016. The amazing thing is that this is actually down from 56 new handsets in 2015. Can someone explain the rationale for that number of devices?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Nova launcher is the best because gestures