Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
My phone updated to a new version of Android and now FFRK isn't happy. Where I tap is now shifted down by about a whole fingertip and it's made clicking on what I want extremely difficult, especially in battle. Also the main screen has been shifted too. Googling got me nothing so I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue, heard of it, or maybe had a fix.

How's their support and what's the best way to contact them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Hogama posted:

Also, a bunch of characters get Sharpshooter added/enhanced.

Sharpshooter 4 -> 5:
Edge, Shadow, Yuffie, Rikku

Sharpshooter 5:
Bartz, Locke, Edgar, Setzer, Barret, Rinoa, Laguna, Edea, Yuna, Paine, Balthier, Ashe, Lightning, Sazh, Hope, Mustadio

Oh poo poo, this is pretty awesome! I've felt edge and shadow got pretty shafted with shooter 4*, so the buff is pretty sweet. But man, there are a lot of characters getting 5* that really needed this. Barret, laguna, setzer, sazh and mustadio desperately needed something to let them pump out some damage. Though it's now crossing heavily into spellblade territory, and spellblade already suffers from low potency. We either need new spellblade skills or a buff to their potency, cause spellblades are kinda seriously lagging now.

Locke is just your generic thief, so him getting a skillet that's both good and uncommon on other thieves (rikku and faris, I know) really helps him out. Now if only they'd do something to grant the many identical monks something to set them apart from the generic 5* combat, 5* monk, 3-4* celerity and 3-4* support builds. Aside from snow, amarant, jecht and zell that is.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I'm sure the question was answered way the hell back, but how good IS Omega Drive? The way I'm seeing it is that it's a Much Better Full Break that hits harder and hits faster.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Cosmic Afro posted:

I'm sure the question was answered way the hell back, but how good IS Omega Drive? The way I'm seeing it is that it's a Much Better Full Break that hits harder and hits faster.

Its lifebane for Combat users. You need high atk to take advantage of it (970~ is the cap for scaling iirc)

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Cosmic Afro posted:

It doesn't break stats at all, so I don't get the comparison. But as the above user said it's basically that. Except it does 4 hits while lifebane does 5 hits.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Huh. Guess that was a good idea. :stare:

Selphie's Medica was up right as Laguna launched Frezing Barrage.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

My phone updated to a new version of Android and now FFRK isn't happy. Where I tap is now shifted down by about a whole fingertip and it's made clicking on what I want extremely difficult, especially in battle. Also the main screen has been shifted too. Googling got me nothing so I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue, heard of it, or maybe had a fix.

How's their support and what's the best way to contact them?

Android 7.0 has that problem, updating to 7.1 fixes it. If your phone doesn't have 7.1 you're SOL and have to rollback.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
The last thing I need is a solid heal BSB. Anything coming up that I should focus on?

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

triplexpac posted:

The last thing I need is a solid heal BSB. Anything coming up that I should focus on?

I would just be on the lookout for what we get in the anniversary banners. It's not altogether unlikely that there may be a banner with multiple healer BSB on it.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Type 0 is going to be an actual realm? I mean I guess... Did that game sell well at all? I see almost no one talking about it

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

That's kind of lame, isn't that the precise thing the Beyond realm was designed for?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Thundercracker posted:

Type 0 is going to be an actual realm? I mean I guess... Did that game sell well at all? I see almost no one talking about it

They have to keep dipping into stuff or they will run out of content.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Thundercracker posted:

It was kind of a neat world actually. Cold war with summons and magic as WMDs. It also got kinda grim...

Very much a 3d PSP game though which meant preeeeety unexciting dungeon layouts/appearance/world map/towns. It wouldn't lose much in translation to ffrk dungeons :v:

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Kawalimus posted:

They have to keep dipping into stuff or they will run out of content.

Insert "I'm a new convert to Nier. Would you like to hear the Good News" spiel.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Can barely get Biggs to half before Wedge shows up. Is this a case of "just level your dudes" or am I missing something big again.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Wedge explicitly shows up when Biggs hits 80%

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Thundercracker posted:

Type-0 has shown up in drat near everything lately, though it's popularity is more of a JP thing. Tabata made some pretty interesting choices with character design that are relatively unique to the series, so it does bring something new to the table for stuff like Dissidia.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Alxprit posted:

That's kind of lame, isn't that the precise thing the Beyond realm was designed for?

No, Beyond is for random one-off (or extremely rare) events like WoFF or the upcoming Dimensions 2 event. They clearly intend to make Type-0 into an actual realm with story dungeons and semi-regular events.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Varance posted:

Type-0 has shown up in drat near everything lately,

In fairness, when it showed up in Brave Exvius in Japan, it was right after the game got a PS3 port, I think. So it was still in the collective consciousness then. It was just drastically delayed in the Global version because the Global version itself was delayed long enough that nobody here cared about Type-0 any more.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

KataraniSword posted:

In fairness, when it showed up in Brave Exvius in Japan, it was right after the game got a PS3 port, I think. So it was still in the collective consciousness then. It was just drastically delayed in the Global version because the Global version itself was delayed long enough that nobody here cared about Type-0 any more.

It's continued since then, though. Type-0 recently showed up Dissidia AC and Theatrhythm AC as well. It's the JP Mystic Quest.

Varance fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 24, 2017

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

They actually had planned not to include Type-0 or FF4:TAY content in FFRK, until they mentioned that on a NicoNico stream and got immediate heavy backlash from the viewers to the point that they backpedaled during the stream and said they'd do some events. T-0 is apparently pretty popular in Japan.

And speaking of Mystic Quest, there was a similar cry for MQ content in the last NicoNico stream, though it got no direct response from the devs.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I think MQ is the only FF I've never really played. Like ten minutes a million years ago. I hear lots of love for it though.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

victrix posted:

I think MQ is the only FF I've never really played. Like ten minutes a million years ago. I hear lots of love for it though.

It's nothing special as far as gameplay but it's got a real charm that a lot of other games of the time lack.

I also still find myself humming some of the tunes. IMO the catchiest music of the series.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

iamsosmrt posted:

It's nothing special as far as gameplay but it's got a real charm that a lot of other games of the time lack.

I also still find myself humming some of the tunes. IMO the catchiest music of the series.
Just wait until you hear Flamenco Type-0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-OkhFVmcsU

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
So the only item I had on the XII banner was Gabranth's Hauberk. You can probably see where this is going.

Dollar pull - trash.
Eleven pull - 1/11, that loving Hauberk. So I immediately rage-pull again...
Rage pull - 2/11, Platinum Shield and Holy Lance.

It's good that I got not-the-Hauberk on that second pull, because my phone would've been thrown through a couple walls, the remains picked up, and immediately thrown through another set of walls.

So that'll do it for me through Anniversary, because now I can only afford one pull plus another if we get the 50 mythril gift (I don't see how we don't). In the words of Fawful "I have (some motherfuckin') FURY."

...I really need some anger management. Anyway, good luck to everyone else, and for the love of god, don't be me.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

^^^I pulled on the FF8 Banner 2 and got Rinoa's dress. I feel your pain.

Mystic Quest is like Baby's First RPG. It holds your hand every step of the way, it's easy as dirt, the plot is really generic and simple, and I love it, because it's cheesy in a fun way. The battle system is turn-based, you get a limited number of spell casts instead of MP (but getting the game's versions of ethers is easy, at least by the end game), you only have two characters at a time and only your main character gets upgrades and a variety of tools, everyone else has a set selection of spells and one or two weapons.
The dungeons are a little bit like Zelda, you solve puzzles and use your weapons to bomb walls/push switches/move platforms. You even get an off-brand hookshot!
The best part is the music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UNwLHA6x1Y
I would loooove to have Mystic Quest as a realm! You've got 5 playable characters, plus the villain and the weird old dude NPC, so you could do CM missions.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I seem to remember MQ having a sweet soundtrack, I want it in the game if only for that.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

victrix posted:

Gameplay is whatever, the music is fantastic and still lodged in my brain to this day.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I don't remember a whole lot about MQ except that child me loved it and the whole point of FFRK is profiting off nostalgia like that so it totally fits.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost
... why did I have to mention Mystic Quest? :sigh:

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I'd really love to get some Final Fantasy Legend games in FFRK. And the Secret of Mana (Final Fantasy Adventure) series. I know that one came up in a collab event we didn't get, but would love it if they made it a whole realm. Lots to work with, too, if they combined Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret of Mana, and the third one that never came to America. Each of those games could easily be their own realms with all the characters to draw from. Maybe that's when we might see it later, if they really start scraping the bottom of the barrel for new characters.

Guessing these might not be coming just because they're not "Final Fantasy" games in Japan, but dammit, they're linked in my mind.

drat, now I wanna play those games again.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Vagrant story and tactics ogre collabs plz :colbert:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

reminder that Chrono Trigger has technically been released in a Final Fantasy case. That means it's Final Fantasy imo

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Nihilarian posted:

reminder that Chrono Trigger has technically been released in a Final Fantasy case. That means it's Final Fantasy imo

Surprised they haven't done that yet - it wouldn't really be *that* crazy to bring it into the fold, and a Chrono Trigger banner seems like it would be a license to print money.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Nihilarian posted:

Only if all CT animations include slowdown and loading

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Surprised they haven't done that yet - it wouldn't really be *that* crazy to bring it into the fold, and a Chrono Trigger banner seems like it would be a license to print money.

No joke, I would drop money for that. It will never happen, but the thought is rad.

That aside, question: is Bahamut still worth creating and honing in this day and age? Seems like AoE is the way to go for the Ultimate+ Mandragoras (when they die, they give the rest a permanent stacking buff), and I've got plenty of orbs left over to get it up to R3 (and even splurge on R3 Tiamat, if I decide to).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

victrix posted:

Vagrant story and tactics ogre collabs plz :colbert:

Mario RPG or nothing imo

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Maybe there's some kind of rights-related thing going on there, like they owe Akira Toriyama a bunch of royalties on any CT stuff or something? It seems like a really logical place to go for a collab, with a lot of characters that'd translate easily into the game (Spellblade Crono, Knight Frog, BLM Lucca, WHM Marle, etc) and catch a lot of whales at least in the west.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

FeralWraith posted:

So the only item I had on the XII banner was Gabranth's Hauberk. You can probably see where this is going.

Dollar pull - trash.
Eleven pull - 1/11, that loving Hauberk. So I immediately rage-pull again...
Rage pull - 2/11, Platinum Shield and Holy Lance.

It's good that I got not-the-Hauberk on that second pull, because my phone would've been thrown through a couple walls, the remains picked up, and immediately thrown through another set of walls.

So that'll do it for me through Anniversary, because now I can only afford one pull plus another if we get the 50 mythril gift (I don't see how we don't). In the words of Fawful "I have (some motherfuckin') FURY."

...I really need some anger management. Anyway, good luck to everyone else, and for the love of god, don't be me.

Well, I don't know if my superstitions would work for your future draws, but I have found the best to avoid pulling dupes has been to weaponize the "Don't chase a Relic" advice and make the dupes your chasing targets...

It kinda helped avoiding a second Platinum Shield for Larsa's ProShellga & Stoneskin Staff.

Of course, then I decided to spend the mythril I budgeted for Banner 2 (I had already enough tools for many flavors of Mage-heavy teams) to a second pull that ended up being a Burst Double-feature with Basch & Fran...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I got the Basch BSB for my dollar. Seems like a good fit for a holy team but I don't think I have an Imperil Holy yet to really set it off. And I haven't done anything with Basch. Thoughts on him as a character?

• Locked thread