Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The lawsuit is our 3.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

nawledgelambo posted:

agreed, these idiots are talking about how awesome the Hurricane looks when its essentially two ships smashed together like diarrhetic terds in the lawn. These people will continue to feed the beast if crobs came out and told them he has no intentions of making a video game and they are solely funding his over-the-top living lifestyle.

I keep going back and forth on how this fiasco will end.

Part of me thinks gradual layoffs yet I have a feeling the website will stop working one day and this dumpster fire will explode into some supernova event.

Colostomy Bag fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Feb 24, 2017

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

trucutru posted:

Please clarify what do you mean by successfully. Thank you.

Sure. Derek constantly claimed that CIG broke its 'contract' with backers, especially in terms of the old TOS. Fine:

Derek technically fell under the old TOS. This is what I mean by a successful filing:

1) Derek must submit a claim that he performed upon his contract with CIG and that CIG breached this contract, entitling him to damages.
2) Derek must file in proper jurisdiction and select appropriate venue to file the claim.
3) CIG will likely respond with a motion to dismiss.

If Derek can get past motion to dismiss, judge issues a scheduling order and parties move to discovery, I will then TOXX my account.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'll :toxx: my account if Derek is successfully able to file suit (not small claims, but for the KickStarter claims he originally made) against CIG before this calendar year is over. Put up or shut up Derek.

Did you forget how to quote? I didn't post the stuff you're quoting. You should probably go back and read it. Then fix it. Then get a drink.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 24, 2017

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

MoMA if you actually believe Derek I have some JPEGs to sell you.

Oh wait.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

Did you forget how to quote? I didn't post the stuff you're quoting. You should probably go back and read it. Then fix it. Then get a drink.

D_Smart posted:

This would make a lot of sense.

There was talk awhile back of how streamers always had $600+ chariots to just give away and how the grey market always has stock of any of the ultra limited one time only ships that cost the most.

Some of the grey market stores being CIG workers would explain a ton of things.

It's impossible to prove too since you could never get an accurate survey of the quantities of the limited ships, or really even find out if Manager #3 was selling $5,000 JPEGs while they weren't available for retail sale, and then more of them got released at a later date.

Not sure I believe what TheAgent was told, but it makes sense that they're selling ships and packages at discounts to certain parties. Too bad we can't prove it. And the only way to prove it is if i) someone spills the beans ii) it comes out during a lawsuit discovery process

I bolded that last line for your old-man eyes. You may not have specifically said that you will be the one to file a claim, but I'm the one putting up my account as a challenge. You have LUSTED for a chance to be a part of discovery, so do it. Follow your dreams.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Colostomy Bag posted:

I keep going back and forth on how this fiasco will end.

Part of me thinks gradual layoffs yet I have a feeling the website will stop working one day and this dumpster fire will explode into some supernova event.

Everything cig does from this point forward is to minimize the splash and contain the insurrection. They are going to be as discrete and quiet and subtle as they can for as long as they can in hopes they poo poo out the MVP and go somewhere sunny before anyone is the wiser, but they are definitely going to try and pull a the quiet whimper.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Derek stop posting or I will release the footage of you accidentally singing the Third Reich anthem.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'll :toxx: my account if Derek is successfully able to file suit (not small claims, but for the KickStarter claims he originally made) against CIG before this calendar year is over. Put up or shut up Derek.

Even if everything went nuclear for CIG, it wouldn't involve a lawsuit with Derek. It would involve front doors being locked and checks bouncing, or teams showing up in blue windbreakers with 3 letter names emblazoned on them.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

XK posted:

Even if everything went nuclear for CIG, it wouldn't involve a lawsuit with Derek. It would involve front doors being locked and checks bouncing, or teams showing up in blue windbreakers with 3 letter names emblazoned on them.

And yet, year-after-year of Derek's claims of CIG about to go bust have proved false. Isn't he tired of it? Let's see him force CIG's hand (if he's so confident).

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Sure. Derek constantly claimed that CIG broke its 'contract' with backers, especially in terms of the old TOS. Fine:

Derek technically fell under the old TOS. This is what I mean by a successful filing:

1) Derek must submit a claim that he performed upon his contract with CIG and that CIG breached this contract, entitling him to damages.
2) Derek must file in proper jurisdiction and select appropriate venue to file the claim.
3) CIG will likely respond with a motion to dismiss.

If Derek can get past motion to dismiss, judge issues a scheduling order and parties move to discovery, I will then TOXX my account.

You're a moron who knows as much about the law, as you do about iron-clad ToS

Pay attention; you might learn something:

- I lost my legal standing when they refunded me. So I no longer have any cause of action for which to sue under the ToS

- I can sue them for only two things i) accusing me of stalking and threatening me with criminal action ii) defamation as per croberts Oct 2015 diatribe

I have opted not to sue them at this time because, unlike morons on the Internet and movie super-villains, smart people like me always have a plan that we tend not to broadcast.

But don't worry though; when the time comes, you'll know. I guarantee it.

ManofManyAliases posted:

And yet, year-after-year of Derek's claims of CIG about to go bust have proved false. Isn't he tired of it? Let's see him force CIG's hand (if he's so confident).

In case you hadn't noticed; I don't even have to lift a finger, and CIG is in full blown E.L.E. mode all on their own. It's only a matter of time now.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

If they can keep this going through 2018 I would be so excited.

Citcon2018 goonmeet. Don't worry if you look like poo poo, everyone else does.

Gonna bring the Lysol spray and alcohol.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

ManofManyAliases posted:

I bolded that last line for your old-man eyes. You may not have specifically said that you will be the one to file a claim, but I'm the one putting up my account as a challenge. You have LUSTED for a chance to be a part of discovery, so do it. Follow your dreams.

You wont be able to successfully countersue for sabatage/defamation etc if thats your goal toast. Some dude talking poo poo about your company on twitter doesn't mean anything.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

You're a moron who knows as much about the law, as you do about iron-clad ToS

Pay attention; you might learn something:

- I lost my legal standing when they refunded me. So I no longer have any cause of action for which to sue under the ToS

- I can sue them for only two things i) accusing me of stalking and threatening me with criminal action ii) defamation as per croberts Oct 2015 diatribe

I have opted not to sue them at this time because, unlike morons on the Internet and movie super-villains, smart people like me always have a plan that we tend not to broadcast.

But don't worry though; when the time comes, you'll know. I guarantee it.

In case you hadn't noticed; I don't even have to lift a finger, and CIG is in full blown E.L.E. mode all on their own. It's only a matter of time now.

Will that time come in a blog that is 100% guaranteed to bring about legal action?

Asking for a friend.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Clearly you've never seen Loremaker's Guide to the Galaxy, which is literally a guy talking with no accompanying pictures or anything

Clearly what this game needs is more lore

I want to write some lore too. It'd be awesome. Just getting the lore pipeline in place.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

ManofManyAliases posted:

Guys showing up in blue windbreakers has nothing to do with anyone's time frame of CIG going bust. Also, in general, you can't force someone's hand on going bust.

Your statements are just thoughtless flailing.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

XK posted:

Guys showing up in blue windbreakers has nothing to do with anyone's time frame of CIG going bust. Also, in general, you can't force someone's hand on going bust.

Your statements are just thoughtless flailing.

P-a-r-d-o-n- meeee, but I thought Derek had the tightest of connections with FTC, DEA, ATF, FBI, NSA and CIA agents. He knows people who knows people after all.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

Asking for a friend.

Thanks broast

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

ManofManyAliases posted:

P-a-r-d-o-n- meeee, but I thought Derek had the tightest of connections with FTC, DEA, ATF, FBI, NSA and CIA agents. He knows people who knows people after all.

We're dealing with flight sims so don't forget the FAA.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

well HECK Phil posted:

We're dealing with flight sims so don't forget the FAA.

That's right. Derek had a veteran buddy who tweeted him once.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Thank the gods, space court action.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

That's right. Derek had a veteran buddy who tweeted him once.

:negative:

ps: In my defense, Leonard Skinny was a reverse-inverse troll. And I wasn't feeling well at the time, have drunk too much cough syrup :grin:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

None of that has anything to do with suing. Since he was refunded on his known account, he has no basis for a lawsuit. He could theoretically sue by other means, but it would be a challenge to establish standing for any suit.

And why the gently caress are you mentioning the DEA, ATF, NSA, and CIA? Are you suggesting that CIG is involved with drugs and weapon violations? Are they a national security threat?

flail flail flail

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Good to see another old fashioned, quality MoMA beltdown in action again. I was worried he might have moved past it, but thankfully he manages to step up to the flailing challenge once more.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

I mean, they get flak for t-posing out and not having adequate stances and animation mixes on their rigs, but when they make an animation to add fluidity to their characters, they get flak as well.

Is it bad that they have one artist/designer working on animations while someone else works on other tasks? Having multiple roles is a good thing, no? Isn't that how it works?

After five years and still working on the most basic of animation? Yes, it's pathetic.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Yes, let's bring NATO into this.

Edit: Posting from my bunker.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

ManofManyAliases posted:

And yet, year-after-year of CIG's claims of making a game and not about to go bust have proved false. Its tiresome? Let's see them force Derek's hand (if he's so confident).

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

CrazyTolradi posted:

Good to see another old fashioned, quality MoMA beltdown in action again. I was worried he might have moved past it, but thankfully he manages to step up to the flailing challenge once more.

Hard to call it a meltdown on this one. Derek does throw around the "legal action" card quite a bit. Even if he is just trying to troll, the joke gets stale after a couple years.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

People are streaming Hellion and it is basically everything CIG ever promised.

For 25 bucks.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Start keeping hard copies of things Toast. Maybe you can make a deal and turn state's evidence. You don't want to be caught empty handed when the Marshals raid the office.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

well HECK Phil posted:

Hard to call it a meltdown on this one. Derek does throw around the "legal action" card quite a bit. Even if he is just trying to troll, the joke gets stale after a couple years.
The joke is that Derek is as full of hot air as CIG is full of poo poo and dreams. It's possible to laugh at both at the same time. What Derek does and says has no bearing on the shitshow at CIG and there is a definite change in mood towards CIG by a lot of backers on both RSI and the SC subreddit.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
MoMMA

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Stay safe from the kitten killers my friend.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The Titanic posted:

Gonna bring the Lysol spray and alcohol.

Yes. To both.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i am glad moma finally took a :toxx:

however, as usual, it was the most cowardly toxx to take. do one that relies on CIG producing something, rather than an unrelated indie dev fossil doing something

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

alf_pogs posted:

i am glad moma finally took a :toxx:

however, as usual, it was the most cowardly toxx to take. do one that relies on CIG producing something, rather than an unrelated indie dev fossil doing something

But thy made it personal (to derek)

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

But thy made it personal (to derek)

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

AP posted:

SALE SALE SALE

Looks like a kitbash of all other reworked ships. Hornet turret, Racer wings, Cutlass nose + bits left from a random sprue.

This is one of the worst desing they ever put out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I was always under the assumption that Derek was not going to sue anyone. When he claimed his blog would cause legal action it seemed to me that he was contemplating making a devastating claim, and that CIG would then sue him for libel. During the process of discovery in the proceedings for the libel case against Derek more damaging information for CIG would be brought to light. That is how I interpreted it, at least.