Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The best part of Ben Affleck playing Old Man Bruce is that you can have the whole batfamily already around, bring on the Cass Cain solo flick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I really think having Old Bruce was a great idea by Snyder/Goyer/DCEU/WB.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
A Nightwing movie sounds like a good idea, honestly. Everyone knows who Robin is and he's a character with a lot of history and potential.

It's certainly a better notion than a Cyborg solo film.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The idea of a Cyborg solo film just makes me feel bad inside, the way seeing someone you admired expressing repulsive political views does.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

The idea of a Cyborg solo film just makes me feel bad inside, the way seeing someone you admired expressing repulsive political views does.

Didn't they walk back from that already?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Didn't they walk back from that already?

Yeah but the idea still exists.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I like the way Affleck played Old Bruce, but man am I tired of The Dark Knight Returns' aesthetic in live action Batman.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I want to see the Cyborg solo film just because I have no idea who they could have be the villain.

Brother Blood? Doctor Polaris? Sheborg???

That upcoming villain in the current comic that uses rats?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah but the idea still exists.

I read something about it being turned into a Titans film.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Ah, the murder count in the DCEU is going up!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

No silly, they aren't doing a Superboy Prime movie.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

X-O posted:

Still have a bit to go if they plan on catching the MCU tho

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I want to see a DCCU Titans which is totally forthright, cheerful, colorful, optimistic and bright where not a single Titan dies.

... you know, one not at all loyal to the source material.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ImpAtom posted:

I want to see a DCCU Titans which is totally forthright, cheerful, colorful, optimistic and bright where not a single Titan dies.

Thank god for the 2003 animated series

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Cartoon Network has ya covered.

no sarcasm

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

I have heard that Cyborg was going to be the secondary protagonist in the Flash movie.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MacheteZombie posted:

Dude, so many Titans are going to die that the sequel turns out to be the Cyborg movie that was announced first.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
With the current timeline of the DCCU, who even could be a Titan? Aqualad and Beast Boy?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
In this trailer, a Titan dies!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

SonicRulez posted:

With the current timeline of the DCCU, who even could be a Titan? Aqualad and Beast Boy?

I doubt they'd stray too far from the Wolfman/Perez lineup. So Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire, Cyborg apparently, and Nightwing.

Edit - If it's Titans and not Teen Titans, then the timeline doesn't matter since they'd all be adults

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Smdh that New Mutants doesn't have Doug and therefore will also not have Douglock

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Scaramouche posted:

Smdh that New Mutants doesn't have Doug and therefore will also not have Douglock

I bet they don't own the rights to the technarch or whatever his race is called.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I bet they don't own the rights to the technarch or whatever his race is called.

Warlock's in it. It's Cypher that isn't.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Warlock's in it. It's Cypher that isn't.

Well that is dumb!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

MacheteZombie posted:

I really think having Old Bruce was a great idea by Snyder/Goyer/DCEU/WB.

It was one of the best concepts in that movie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

I like the way Affleck played Old Bruce, but man am I tired of The Dark Knight Returns' aesthetic in live action Batman.

Isn't BvS the first one to have that?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Just lol at people who feel the need to get hyped up about upcoming or future media.

I kind of agree with this, as cynical and as smug you came off here.

I can barely keep up with the glut of films, books, blogs, news, music and TV series competing for my time. I'm not in a huge hurry to see anything anymore because I know if whatever it is winds up being worth a poo poo, I'll not only see it eventually but I''ll see it in perpetuity for the rest of my loving life.

The only thing I tend to scope out anymore are children's movies that seem tolerable. I have a six year old and seem to have no time at all for anything related to hype.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MacheteZombie posted:

Can't wait for Thanos to kill half the universe.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Isn't BvS the first one to have that?

the Nolan trilogy cribbed from it a bit (the Bat Tank, Bruce going into retirement, etc)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

the Nolan trilogy cribbed from it a bit (the Bat Tank, Bruce going into retirement, etc)

I'll grant the goofy tumbler batmobile, but nothing else had the aesthetic of DKR. If anything it was more inspired by Year One, and even then not that much.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The tumbler is goofy now? Retrospective movie opinions are weird.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I don't really know anyone who liked the tankmobile, even at the time.

E: Wait, poo poo, my dad liked it. But he said the 60s batmobile was still cooler.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Even the Tumbler is pretty different. The DKR Bat Tank is a hulking brute of a vehicle, while the Tumbler is smaller than it looks and incredibly agile.

E: It looks kinda weird but if the chase scene in Batman Begins doesn't sell the concept for you I don't know what would.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Tumbler was fantastic and I will literally fight you through the Internet if you disagree. The Tumbler (and most of Wayne's armor and assorted tech) makes perfect sense within the Nolan universe. It's all repurposed military prototypes that WayneTech couldn't sell.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I never said it didn't make sense, I just said it was lame.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The '89 batmobile was best*.

*In my opinion*

*But also objectively.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Phylodox posted:

*In my opinion*

*But also objectively.

Best sure, but if I'm being honest with myself, I've felt that every adaptation has missed the mark.
What's so hard about a bat themed sports car? It really doesn't need to be giant, clunky, and have a jet engine. He's a primarily stealth hero.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

I never said it didn't make sense, I just said it was lame.

I didn't like the Tumbler either. Every other Batmobile if you saw them driving down the street, you would know immediately that it was Batman. It would either have his logo on it or have some bat-shaped wings on it. Something about it would say "Batman" to you.

If I saw this coming down the street I would think it was Mad Max or somebody from the Terminator future.

Phylodox posted:

*In my opinion*

*But also objectively.

This guy's correct.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Best sure, but if I'm being honest with myself, I've felt that every adaptation has missed the mark.
What's so hard about a bat themed sports car? It really doesn't need to be giant, clunky, and have a jet engine. He's a primarily stealth hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQCeyqwba1Y

I think the jet engines on the back are just because the 60s show had one, more than about "it can go as fast as a plane". It's just a neat look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Sgt. Politeness posted:

To be fair, Batman Begins actually has it do some stealth stuff. And it driving over the rooftops was pretty dope. All in all, while I don't love its look, it was probably the best utilized batmobile on screen. Also the batpod is dope and the part where it explodes out of the batmobile is amazing.

All in all though, I think the Batman films treat the batmobile as a bit more vital to the character than it really needs to be.

• Locked thread