Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Maldonado :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
My seat is low in the stands at the exit of turn 1, no thanks.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

BMB5150 posted:

Well poo poo I didn't think he'd jump to Indycar. Thought he'd get a manufacture P1 drive but hey I'll take it. And probably an answer on that SMP money not coming in thanks to Flynn.

I'd assumed this was just for fun and not a serious test for a seat this year. Am I wrong?

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Roller Coast Guard posted:

I'd assumed this was just for fun and not a serious test for a seat this year. Am I wrong?

If Ed Brown and Tequila Patron decides to throw a wad of cash in then maybe.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I believe the test is at Honda's request/funding. Also Aleshin's car is about to get unveiled, so Derani and Dorrbecker are both testing for a third car.

Sam has the open wheel rights for this year and next year for both of em, and apparently wants to run them both later in the year on road courses.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm all for more one off/partial schedule cars.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Dorrbecker of course is the guy whose last win was ahead of a 13 year old Minardi being driven by a guy who owns a supermarket.

I'm sure he'll be great.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Human Grand Prix posted:

I'm all for more one off/partial schedule cars.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Dudley posted:

Dorrbecker of course is the guy whose last win was ahead of a 13 year old Minardi being driven by a guy who owns a supermarket.

I'm sure he'll be great.

It's been a few years since we've had a real poo poo tier ride-buyer, get AMPED!! Coletti was pretty fast on occasion, same with Huertas and Rodolfo Gonzalez. I guess Dracone would be the last.

It's pretty amazing that 2 years from Dracone, Coyne is now running the Indy Lights champion and a guy with 35 IndyCar/ChampCar wins.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Are we doing Fantasy again this year?

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

CBJSprague24 posted:

It's your sex life.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Guy who north american openwheel really shoulda hung on to Robert Wickens is also going to test an SSM car at Sebring, with Hinch then testing Wicken's DTM car in Italy after St Pete.

SSM really maximizing their extra test allotment for first time drivers, ha.

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/138315-hinchcliffe-wickens-set-for-indycar-dtm-ride-swap

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Cygni posted:

Also KV officially dead: http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/138216-kv-racing-technology-thanks-fans-team-members

Coyne becomes the only surviving team that ran in ChampCar in 07.

Tony Kanaan '13:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8v-X6S4wlU&t=940s

RIP KV. The '13 Indy 500 is still one of my favorite races and race wins of all time.

Boomer The Cannon posted:

It's your sex life.

Tell me something I don't know.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Cygni posted:

Guy who north american openwheel really shoulda hung on to Robert Wickens is also going to test an SSM car at Sebring, with Hinch then testing Wicken's DTM car in Italy after St Pete.

SSM really maximizing their extra test allotment for first time drivers, ha.

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/138315-hinchcliffe-wickens-set-for-indycar-dtm-ride-swap

I'm a bit stunned he hasn't stumbled into this series, but I guess the lack of Team Forsythe kinda stunted a lot of Indy drivers from Canada coming to race here...

He'd be great to see over here sometime to be honest. But I think DTM is probably the bigger opportunity for him.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

RHR seizing Gentilozzi assets, lol

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/138322-hunter-reay-wins-protracted-suit-against-gentilozzi

My dad ran Gentilozzi's GTP Lights team in 86 as Whitehall Rocketsports, with his longtime friend Skeeter McKitterick and this Alba AR5 Olds. I'm pretty sure he still complains to this day that Gentilozzi never paid the crew the prize money he owed them.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Goddamn, reading through that article, sounds like Gentilozzi is a real piece of poo poo. Knew he was going to lose so he folded Rocketsports and started RSR with the same building, people, and assets.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
PG has entered the RHR Own Zone.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

IOwnCalculus posted:

Goddamn, reading through that article, sounds like Gentilozzi is a real piece of poo poo. Knew he was going to lose so he folded Rocketsports and started RSR with the same building, people, and assets.

Crapwagon has lionized him because he trashes the IRL on his facebook apparently.

Funny what's happened to both of them since that lawsuit was filed. RHR is a series champ, 500 champ, and thought of as one of the 'faces" of the series. Paul G is just doing Trans Am still I guess.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Everybody testing an IndyCar these days. The extra new driver test days have certainly added some fun to the off season, even if the tests arent serious. Ricky Taylor tested a Penske car at the HMS road course today:

http://www.indycar.com/News/2017/02/02-23-Taylor-Penske-test

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

Crapwagon has lionized him because he trashes the IRL on his facebook apparently.

Funny what's happened to both of them since that lawsuit was filed. RHR is a series champ, 500 champ, and thought of as one of the 'faces" of the series. Paul G is just doing Trans Am still I guess.

His team is apparently coordinating 3GT, which is running the (factory) Lexus GTD program in IMSA.

He was one of my parents' favorites when I was young and I'm pretty sure signed Rocketsports T/A team Oldsmobile poster is at my parents' place somewhere, but this type of stuff sounds more like a wrestling promoter than a racing team owner. Carny as hell.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Its almost like a great number of sports owners are gigantic pieces of poo poo!

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Yeah Gentilozzi always seemed a bit skeezy. Doesn't he own or use to own a bunch of strip clubs too? Still, stiffing a young driver was a majorly lovely thing to do.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

CBJSprague24 posted:

poo poo I hope so, I need to avenge my 1 point loss because I forgot to set a team for the final round. :argh:

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
Yes Fantasy will return this year, just waiting on the website to reset for 2017. This year I'll have to set some kind of reminder to actually make my picks on weekends I'm at the track :suicide:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
How does fantasy IndyCar work?

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Flikken posted:

You endlessly theorize that the split never happened

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Flikken posted:

Mark Plourde switches series.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Oh god he's still at it.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Doc Morbid posted:

Mark Plourde switches series.

I'm not sure if I'm spoiling :thejoke: here but http://markplourderacing.com/schedule

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Oh god, did he retire from driving? What happened to Sheri?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Kathy Plourde - Human Resources

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

quote:

© Copyright 2003-2017 MP Racing, LLC - All rights reserved.

FOURTEEN GODDAMN YEARS.

That is some weapons-grade delusion.

edit: Also, in the Plourdeverse, ChampCar has finally folded, apparently. RIP.

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Feb 25, 2017

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Ok, I'll rephrase my question.

I am interested in participating in Fantasy Indycar with the fine residents of this thread. I have played fantasy football a lot but never any other fantasy sports. Please could someone give me a quick run down on how fantasy racing works, rules, points, etc? And where do I sign up?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Flikken posted:

Ok, I'll rephrase my question.

I am interested in participating in Fantasy Indycar with the fine residents of this thread. I have played fantasy football a lot but never any other fantasy sports. Please could someone give me a quick run down on how fantasy racing works, rules, points, etc? And where do I sign up?

You pick 4 drivers for each race with a $100 salary cap. Driver value is I think determined by championship position and recent form. Then you score the same points for each driver's finishing position that they earn in the championship. And Indy you get to pick 10 drivers with a $500 cap. There's also a average speed predictor for every race that acts as a tiebreaker. There'll presumably be signup links posted here when the new fantasy season starts but it all runs from the Indycar website. Knowing nothing about Indycar last year I finished 3rd with a policy of always picking Josef Newgarden and Max Chilton.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Feb 25, 2017

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

njsykora posted:

You pick 4 drivers for each race with a $100 salary cap. Driver value is I think determined by championship position and recent form. Then you score the same points for each driver's finishing position that they earn in the championship. And Indy you get to pick 10 drivers with a $500 cap. There's also a average speed predictor for every race that acts as a tiebreaker.

Ok, that sounds fun.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

njsykora posted:

You pick 4 drivers for each race with a $100 salary cap. Driver value is I think determined by championship position and recent form.

Start with: $100, 4 drivers remaining

First Pick: Marco Andretti

Now have: $100, 3 drivers remaining

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
What if Fuzzy is Mark Plourde

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

What if Fuzzy is Mark Plourde

big if true.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

WindyMan posted:

Start with: $100, 4 drivers remaining

First Pick: Marco Andretti

Now have: $100, 3 drivers remaining

That Paul Tracy Uber diss is still the best thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

dentist toy box posted:

That Paul Tracy Uber diss is still the best thing ever.

It was loving savage, and I expect no less from Canada's One True Racer and 2002 Indy 500 Winner Paul Tracy.

• Locked thread