Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Done! I quite like how this turned out.

And what's this about a warhammer nerds slack channel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Drake_263 posted:

You only die tired, unless you slack!

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

That looks great. You have a cool DG scheme. How big is that flyer? It looks pretty small

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Drake_263 posted:

Ah there we go, looks appropriately sick now.

And Slack is an online chat room, where all of the most poignant debates and discussion are taking place. Do join (invitation open to everyone seeing this), it's... special. In a great way. Probably.

Just post an email address to send the invitation.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Hixson posted:

That looks great. You have a cool DG scheme. How big is that flyer? It looks pretty small

The wing span is about a foot - it's noticeably bigger than, say, the Storm Talon is but not foockyuuge. It's mostly solid resin so it's surprisingly hefty, too.

Thank you all for the kind words, and definitely hit me up with that slack invite at sampsa.lahtinen@surffi.fi

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
What's the rest of the "Old Gothic" on the wings say? I only got the "die tired" part.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Broken Record Talk posted:

What's the rest of the "Old Gothic" on the wings say? I only got the "die tired" part.

Probably "If you run, you'll only die tired."

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I painted my Lord of War for the toxx thing

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

SRM posted:

Hell yes

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

SRM posted:

:allears:

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Broken Record Talk posted:

berzerkmonkey posted:

Probably "If you run, you'll only die tired."

It is, indeed, trying to say 'Don't bother to run - you'll only die tired'. I use Google Translate for that authentic lovely Latin (TM)!

I try and slip a couple of 'funny' Latin phrases on all my big models, these days. I have a classy dude of a pugilist Dreadnought whose one fists says 'Odium' (Hatred), the other 'Ardor' (Love), one of his feet says 'Voltus Fraedo' (Face Smasher) and the other Fundus Calcitro (Butt Kicker)...

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

SRM posted:

I know there's still 9 months to go but what am I gonna be buying you?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Why would you give Gulliman a bandana head?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I agree and I plan on it. Destroyers are a lot less bad when they're compulsory troops and presumably get extra weapons to do war crimes with. In the books they also apparently get hover land raiders and Spartans, so get on that FW.
:pcgaming::respek::pcgaming:

Drake_263 posted:

This looks great. I was wondering how you were going to get the requisite Death Guard weathering on a plane. Looks like it flew through a dust storm.

SRM posted:

Please be real. Did you have to make your own head? It's not like a normal Catachan head would fit, right?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Safety Factor posted:

Please be real. Did you have to make your own head? It's not like a normal Catachan head would fit, right?

That's just a regular Catachan head, the stock Guilliman head is larger but like double the size or anything. I used the Catachan head to practice the 'Eavy Metal face painting guide before I used it on the real thing:

I also magnetized the base so I could stick him on a 40mm base:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Thats a great Bobby G.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

That's just a regular Catachan head, the stock Guilliman head is larger but like double the size or anything. I used the Catachan head to practice the 'Eavy Metal face painting guide before I used it on the real thing:
I hope you know you just disappointed so many hams. :smith:

I figured it would be something like that, I guess I never realized how small a primarch's head is. Looks great. It's a fantastic model and your paint job does it justice. Can't help but wonder what it'd look like in 2nd edition colors though...

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

DJ Dizzy posted:

Kyr Vhalen 195

9 Tactical Space Marines: nuncio-vox; + 1 Tactical Sergeant 135
9 Tactical Space Marines: nuncio-vox; + 1 Tactical Sergeant 135

7 Veteran Space Marines: heavy bolter and suspensor web; + 1 Veteran Sergeant (artificer armour; power fist) 181
Rhino 35
Apothecarion Detachment
Apothecary: augury scanner 50
3 Quad Launcher Rapier Carriers: quad launcher (shatter shells) 210

9 Iron Havocs: 5× missile launcher; 4× lascannon; + 1 Iron Havoc Sergeant (lascannon; augury scanner; melta bombs) 420
Artillery Tank Squadron
Medusa 155

War Machine Detachment
Typhon Heavy Siege Tank: armoured ceramite; pintle-mounted heavy bolter (shrapnel bolts) 425

Wall of Martyrs Imperial Bunker 55

1.996 points

Yes or no?

It's pretty good overall. I think you have too many havocs for your bunker, IMO. After running it last weekend you only really need 8 guys and even then you stand for some overkill unless it's a Spartan. In most games you should just use ~6 as this will glance a spartan to death in 2 turns. Anything more and there are better options. Give your bunker a void shield, an ammo dump, and some walls so you can have a 4+ cover save.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

No need for ammo dump. Kyr Vhalen gives the havocs reroll 1s :v:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Which you could give to your x12 shatter shells instead :)

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Hmm... I suppose.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
I laughed at Rambo Guilliman. I was deeply saddened to discover he wasn't real.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Xir posted:

I laughed at Rambo Guilliman. I was deeply saddened to discover he wasn't real.

I second the bitter heartbreak of this development.

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.
The first part of my toxx is getting there, big papa Horus should be done tomorrow.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Is that the actual Sons of Horus green? Or is that what their bigass recipe looks like?

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.
It's just two layers of sybarite green, it's not the exact color i wanted but it is a very close second.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Joined the killed-a-mastadon club tonight. Laser vindicators never let me down.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

:siren: :siren:
Greetings. I am Grand Remembrancer Zark the Damned and I will be carrying out your judgement for the artistry category of Skullapalooza. As the prime interpreter of the Artem Humanikus, I will be reviewing each entry for it's use of color, light, and overall technical skill. Entries will be judged on a scale of 1 to 5 and combined with the other categories to determine the greatest overall score. The contestant with the lowest overall score will be our Skullapaloozer. This serious looser will win a guide to an exciting alternative to Warhammer 30k with tighter rules and higher painting standards. You won't be disappointed!

Here's a sneak peak at another entry from one of our contestants. How many skulls do you see?

Remember. You have until March 24th at 24:00 PST to complete your oath. Stay tuned for our next celebrity judge and further award categories. Now go forth and put the art in Astartes!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
This week you get to boop people on the head with shields and brrrrrrrrrt some fools.

Shazaminator
Oct 11, 2007
The power of Shazam compels you!

Safety Factor posted:

Y'all can loving laugh, but I'm going to build two destroyer squads and I'll be ready for their update in the next red book. Gonna Dreadwing like hell. :pcgaming:

Please be good, book VIII. Please be good. :ohdear:
Angels of Caliban went into some detail about the Dreadwing. Their main battlefield tactic is to stand in a line in the middle of the battlefield singing while the enemy shoots them.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The only change to DA rules will be to make you lose D6 victory points instead of D3.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

Mango Polo posted:

This week you get to boop people on the head with shields and brrrrrrrrrt some fools.

About time! Needs more tartaros compatibility... Pfft, not that it matters. The only tards I have to play with have embraced that stupid it's not normal terminator armour derpy bullshit. Time to finish painting my medusas, quad launchers and typhoon.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Are those resin ammo belts you're supposed to heat up to bend or what?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Pierzak posted:

Are those resin ammo belts you're supposed to heat up to bend or what?

Yeah, you glue one end, wait for it to dry, then dip in hot water and glue the other end.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

panascope posted:

The only change to DA rules will be to make you lose D6 victory points instead of D3.

This is probably true.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Fair and balanced imo

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

OhDearGodNo posted:

:toxx:ing for Magnus.

Need to change my LoW choice to Ferrus.

Long story but no regrets.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

OhDearGodNo posted:

Need to change my LoW choice to Ferrus.

Long story but no regrets.

Why are you playing Iron Warriors??

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

BULBASAUR posted:

Why are you playing Iron Warriors??

Is this a :thejoke: thing? I might not understand

First, I partially blame you:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750247&pagenumber=115&perpage=40#post462775171

But Eagerly awaiting 1ksons getting a revamp in 40k and a book for 30k, I spent most of 2016 in eager anticipation. When WoM fell I gleefully began to build a sweet coven and laughed as I generated 23+ warp charge per turn. My psychic phases were only rivaled my my IG turn 2 shooting phase (where I go nuts with prescience + FRFSRF).

However as I began playing the games my shoulders sank, I don't know what happened but I wasn't enjoying it. For 30k, as soon as the images came up here I began building small lists and proxying what I didn't have. Still, it just didn't seem to really follow my method of playing. In addition, many things using the psychic phase go against a significant issue I have with short term memory. But overall it didn't click like it did with my first 1kS army I used to have back in 3rd Ed. I played about 5 games with different lists and it's always the same.

My oldest son has been playing Emperor's Children in 40k (and 30k recently) for a few years now, and he is who I play against almost weekly. I honestly love the Ferrus model, I have always considered it the best sculpt of the Primarchs (The best model overall is a Brian Nelson sculpt from Inquisitor).

Anyway, I decided to shift gears and paint my Mk III as IH and the test games I played against my son's EC were really fun (especially with the banter back and forth) and I feel like shifting in that direction at least for now.

Today I bit the bullet and ordered Ferrus from FW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Ferrus is cool. Shame he's abit short these days.