Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Buddy's gonna lead the Kings to the promised land and the Bulls are gonna get that pick dammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Was kinda posted about in the other thread but

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/834965794018721792

It shall continue

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/status/835003374273609729

Boogie-less Kings are straight disrespectful

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Nelson what the gently caress are you doing

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Maybe he was drunk

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Is that not an 8 second call? I thought it started from the inbounds but I guess it's when the player has possession?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Away all Goats posted:

Is that not an 8 second call? I thought it started from the inbounds but I guess it's when the player has possession?

Clock runs because Denver scored but Kings didn't touch ball so 24 second shot clock didn't start

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
I guess I've never seen that before and hadn't even considered that could happen.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Players do it quite often but usually the defender is with it enough to make him pick it up after a few seconds or at least doesn't just let them stand there. Not sure what Jameer was doing other than maybe being mesmerized by the El Jefe dog, a jumbo hot dog with cheese sauce, carnitas, gauacamole, and jalapenos

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

It's going to get out of hand when the kings win back to back after losing boogie, but based on the way the Hornets played vs Detroit, this is exactly what will happen.

I'm very mad that my team is once again floundering, and to make it worse all we have to show for the trade deadline madness is the worse plumlee on a terrible contract.

😭

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

dokmo posted:

Why not? That is the best time to make a bold prediction. You have nothing to lose.

Okay, here is my bold prediction: HOU will make the WCF and at some point in the playoffs set the record for most 3PA in a series. I will donate 50 to the SPLC if they do not do both of these. Does anyone want the other side of it?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I did hear a few different sports writers predict that the Kings would win a few games early after the trade and tried to do so without saying "Ewing theory" which I appreciated but knew what they were talking about.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

roundmidnight posted:

I guess I've never seen that before and hadn't even considered that could happen.

Clippers do it a lot and not in tight situations... It was always thought to be a Del Negro move, but turns out it's a Chris Paul move. Does it as much under Doc.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WhyteRyce posted:

Players do it quite often but usually the defender is with it enough to make him pick it up after a few seconds or at least doesn't just let them stand there. Not sure what Jameer was doing other than maybe being mesmerized by the El Jefe dog, a jumbo hot dog with cheese sauce, carnitas, gauacamole, and jalapenos

I'm sorry is this a real G1C food offering, future me is asking

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

NeuroticErotica posted:

Clippers do it a lot and not in tight situations... It was always thought to be a Del Negro move, but turns out it's a Chris Paul move. Does it as much under Doc.

Oh, I just meant run the clock out strategically more than a couple of seconds before picking it up, like roll it at an almost zero-speed rather than rolling it quickly across the floor to get a few extra seconds in tight situations.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Spoeank posted:

make sure to buy some metamucil, your future self will thank you

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

chunkles posted:

make sure to buy some metamucil, your future self will thank you

Sorry if that much dietary fat doesn't grease your runway

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

👀

https://twitter.com/javalemcgee34/status/835027942262484992
https://twitter.com/shaq/status/835050942852644864
https://twitter.com/javalemcgee34/status/835051794619219970
https://twitter.com/shaq/status/835051319643762688
https://twitter.com/javalemcgee34/status/835052415019708416
https://twitter.com/shaq/status/835051730673020928
https://twitter.com/shaq/status/835052931728748544

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Watching Shaq think his nicknaming is witty will never not amuse me.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Love Javale with the 6 uears of spite.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Twitter made the NBA much more fun for me over the years. Not sure how we lived without it.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

straight up brolic posted:

Yeah I couldn't believe the people saying he sucked in here. All Corey Brewer shots are now Lou Williams shots. It's terrifying.

i was happy about the trade before. then i processed this today. It is great.

Also like most rockets fans, just gonna admit i was wrong on D'Antoni and while I don't think they can overcome the warriors this rockets team is an excellent nba experiment of taking the increase of 3s to its natural conclusion. With the shooters they have now there may be enough volatility with loving 50 3s a game to give Houston a chance against anyone in the playoffs because yeah, if you make 20+ 3s you usually win the game.

edit: I actually just checked on this, since 1985 teams that made 20 3 pointers or more are 34-3. Houston was shooting 37% before moving corey brewer for williams, and 40% of 50~ a game is 20. They're going to have some off nights but...this seems like a pretty good formula if you can shoot close to 40% from behind the arc.

Btw, of those 37 games, 23 are in the last 24 months :lol:

G-Hawk fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Feb 24, 2017

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Paperback Writer posted:

Javale vs. Shaq

Oh man this one's a long time coming. I'm pretty sure McGee is a much smarter human being than Shaq, who has always been a dang bully

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q69O7CiwL8

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

JaVale McGee knocking Shaq out would be the highlight of my life.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

RCarr posted:

JaVale McGee's mom knocking Shaq out would be the highlight of my life.

same

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

EvanTH posted:

Oh man this one's a long time coming. I'm pretty sure McGee is a much smarter human being than Shaq, who has always been a dang bull

i mean yeah shaq is a thin skinned petty baby, but lets not get into wild hyperbole

javale is constantly doing the dumbest poo poo on the court, and to his head

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Javale was a great dunker, felled by Stern and Kia.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Lou Williams is real and is my friend.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

EvanTH posted:

Oh man this one's a long time coming. I'm pretty sure McGee is a much smarter human being than Shaq, who has always been a dang bully

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q69O7CiwL8

Lmao if you think McGee is much smarter than literally anything

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
McGee is much smarter than a basketball

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Yes, on the upper level. It's delicious and your crap will slide right out the next day

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 24, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Something this fake Bulls beat isn't talking about enough is the fact that Thibs really really liked Doug McDermott. Nobody is really talking about that. SAD! -Donald Paxson

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

cravius posted:

JaVale is not a dumb person. Shaq thinks the height of comedic insults is to say Lookin rear end bum rear end rear end 400 times. JaVale probably wins the battle of wits here

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dexo posted:

Something this fake Bulls beat isn't talking about enough is the fact that Thibs really really liked Doug McDermott. Nobody is really talking about that. SAD! -Donald Paxson

I like to think that Thibs knew he was in his last season and just went full scorched earth on the Bulls to gently caress with them.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

cravius posted:

When Javale subtweeted shaq comparing him to a minstrel show it was the greatest tweet in the history of the world. Javale is pretty smart.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Javale seems to be more absent minded than dumb.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
That's some juvenile gotta get my last word in type spit fight. Shaq should've said right from the start how many ringz ya got and ended it right there

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
You guys thought shaq was funny for like three seconds in 1996 and we've been paying the price ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

dokmo posted:

You guys thought shaq was funny for like three seconds in 1996 and we've been paying the price ever since.

wrong, there are posters here who didn't have object permanence yet (fill in the blank on this subtweet)

• Locked thread