Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

IllegallySober posted:

I got the Basch BSB for my dollar. Seems like a good fit for a holy team but I don't think I have an Imperil Holy yet to really set it off. And I haven't done anything with Basch. Thoughts on him as a character?

He's an inverse Auron, basically - focuses heavily on Knight and minorly on Samurai, without many other wrinkles. Has to bring draw fire or gaia cross, but if you do, his BSB allows tauntaliate without needing to waste a skillslot on Retaliate. Basically, use him wherever you'd use Gilgamesh and he'll do pretty good.

Also, :hf: dollar holy lance buddy.

wizard on a water slide posted:

Maybe there's some kind of rights-related thing going on there, like they owe Akira Toriyama a bunch of royalties on any CT stuff or something? It seems like a really logical place to go for a collab, with a lot of characters that'd translate easily into the game (Spellblade Crono, Knight Frog, BLM Lucca, WHM Marle, etc) and catch a lot of whales at least in the west.

I dunno, Square-Enix also owns Dragon Quest, which is also Super Toriyama Fun Times, and that even had a FFBE collab and its own bullshit mobile game we'll never get (google up Dragon Quest Of The Stars).

It might just be that Chrono Cross made the fanbase give that much of a stink and Squeenix never wants to touch the franchise again.

FeralWraith posted:

That aside, question: is Bahamut still worth creating and honing in this day and age? Seems like AoE is the way to go for the Ultimate+ Mandragoras (when they die, they give the rest a permanent stacking buff), and I've got plenty of orbs left over to get it up to R3 (and even splurge on R3 Tiamat, if I decide to).

Bahamut vs Tiamat/Titan/Ultima Weapon is kind of like Neo Bahamut vs Valigarmanda: It's stronger numerically, but being non-elemental means you can't boost it with equipment/enelement/weaknesses. Titan can be boosted via Gaia Gear, Rinoa's Dress, or her OSB weapon (with synergy) if you have them, Tiamat notably gets buffed by Alphinaud BSB as well as a fair number of light armors, and there's a metric fuckton of +dark gear out there to help Ultima Weapon (though notably Seymour is the only Dark/Summon combo outside of Tyro right now). If you don't have any sort of boosting, there's no harm in honing up Bahamut; it's better than Valefor and Maduin, and shouldn't have any problems hitting high damage if not capping on most things.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Feb 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

IllegallySober posted:

I got the Basch BSB for my dollar. Seems like a good fit for a holy team but I don't think I have an Imperil Holy yet to really set it off. And I haven't done anything with Basch. Thoughts on him as a character?

A pretty decent guy for those times Tauntaliate works as a Mitigation Tactic: his ATK/DEF Buff from his Platinum Shield has been my Bread & Butter in Physical-oriented Teams for so long I might need to figure out a way to juggle it with his Burst...

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

FF Mystic Quest was my jam. I didn't know any better :/

Tristam was my husband :3

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Going back a few pages and I noticed this...

Hogama posted:

Chase:
During EX Mode, "Attack", burst commands & certain abilities will gain a Chase effect.
Chase is basically a follow-up attack after using your regular action.
It can be a 1-hit High Fire, 2-hit Mega Fire or 13-hit Giga Fire. These are based on probability.

I'm... assuming that's a typo. If not, hello busted-rear end RNG.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

KataraniSword posted:

Going back a few pages and I noticed this...

I'm... assuming that's a typo. If not, hello busted-rear end RNG.

Eh, I read that it was 74% 1-hit, 25% 2-hit, 1% 13 hit. If so, good luck ever seeing it.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

It isn't a typo. It's 74%/25%/1% chance for 55x1/55x2/55x13 magical fire damage. That's an average of a 75 potency fire attack added to every qualifying ability/burst attack, or half of the actual Fire spell. The 1 star Fire spell.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Better for racking up chain hits than as pure damage, it would seem.
Though, is there a chain fire yet? Shantotto's Lightning, Warrior of Light's Holy, Tidus's Water, Zack's Wind... have I forgotten anyone?

Ace
Black Magic 5/White Magic 4/Summoning 5/Celerity 5/Sharpshooter 5
Dagger, Rod, Staff, Thrown
Hat, Light Armor, Robe, Bracer

Deuce
Black Magic 5/White Magic 5/Bard 5
Dagger, Rod, Staff, Instrument

Nine
Combat 5/Dragoon 5/Black Magic 3/White Magic 3
Dagger, Sword, Spear
Shield, Hat, Helm, Light ARmor, Heavy Armor, Bracer

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

IllegallySober posted:

He's got good equipment and stats, Knight is one of the best physical skillsets, Samurai 4 gives him some solid AoE, a self buff and (for people who don't have his BSB) retaliate for when tauntilate is useful. Also he can record dive for Dark Bargain, for Dark damage and a stacking self-buff. Pretty good!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nihilarian posted:

He's got good equipment and stats, Knight is one of the best physical skillsets, Samurai 4 gives him some solid AoE, a self buff and (for people who don't have his BSB) retaliate for when tauntilate is useful. Also he can record dive for Dark Bargain, for Dark damage and a stacking self-buff. Pretty good!

He'd be a lot better if we got that SAM4 skill that was in the Ayame/Curilla event, then he'd have two stacking self-buffs. :smith:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

He'd be a lot better if we got that SAM4 skill that was in the Ayame/Curilla event, then he'd have two stacking self-buffs. :smith:
Hailstorm? That's a 5* skill so it doesn't affect Basch either way.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Did two 11-pulls. Holy Rod (dupe) and Gabranth's Hauberk. Urgh, I'd have loved any of the top three items. I can't even remember my last pull that wasn't 1/11 or riddled with dupes.

I'm honestly tempted to pull again - Fran's Burst would be perfect (she's an excellent debuffer since I have all her other debuff-relics), and I'd love a Basch relic.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I think I can safely say gently caress CMs unless I'm geared for them.

Also Beatrix will always fill her SB gauge after just one burst, holy god drat gently caress.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KataraniSword posted:

Basch already has two self-buffs if you dive him!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Hogama posted:

Better for racking up chain hits than as pure damage, it would seem.
Though, is there a chain fire yet? Shantotto's Lightning, Warrior of Light's Holy, Tidus's Water, Zack's Wind... have I forgotten anyone?

Ace
Black Magic 5/White Magic 4/Summoning 5/Celerity 5/Sharpshooter 5
Dagger, Rod, Staff, Thrown

Deuce
Black Magic 5/White Magic 5/Bard 5
Dagger, Rod, Staff, Instrument

Nine
Combat 5/Dragoon 5/Black Magic 3/White Magic 3
Dagger, Sword, Spear
Shield, Hat, Helm, Light ARmor, Heavy Armor, Bracer

So, Nine's pretty much a standard Dragoon plus some magic access you won't use in 99% of cases, Deuce is a sage with instrument access, and Ace is the actually interesting character, albeit somewhat limited by equipment in realms where you don't have a thrown weapon.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

White 3 i actually find to be pretty useful since it gives both Haste and Dispel

SmokingFrog0641
Oct 29, 2011
Does anyone happen to have Edgar's or Quistis's OSB up for the Disciplinary Committee U++? I've tried a few different configurations but I haven't had luck getting any of them down yet.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

SmokingFrog0641 posted:

Does anyone happen to have Edgar's or Quistis's OSB up for the Disciplinary Committee U++? I've tried a few different configurations but I haven't had luck getting any of them down yet.

Doomtrain RW: 9qBd

Can switch it to Quistis BSB if you prefer.

SmokingFrog0641
Oct 29, 2011

CaptainPsyko posted:

Doomtrain RW: 9qBd

Can switch it to Quistis BSB if you prefer.

I tried BSB a several times but did not have any luck. I thought I might try to do a huge burst and then clean up instead. Thanks for the RW code!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SmokingFrog0641 posted:

I thought I might try to do a huge burst and then clean up instead. Thanks for the RW code!

This is what I did, much easier when you're only fighting two of them.

Though I had really good other stuff for it as well.

SmokingFrog0641
Oct 29, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

This is what I did, much easier when you're only fighting two of them.

Though I had really good other stuff for it as well.

It ended up working for me as well, and I ended up mastering with only two medals lost.

Thanks again for your help, Psyko.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Do Roaming Warriors work differently for the solo-boss fight in the events? It let me pick one but then it wasn't there as an option in the fight. I cleared the event up until there, but it seems like I'll need Protectga, or anyway be able to stack debuffs.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Stagger_Lee posted:

Do Roaming Warriors work differently for the solo-boss fight in the events? It let me pick one but then it wasn't there as an option in the fight. I cleared the event up until there, but it seems like I'll need Protectga, or anyway be able to stack debuffs.

No, they work just fine. You probably accidentally deselected the roaming warrior, leaving you with an empty slot. :shrug:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Just a quick question but is it a better idea to frag Seifer before Fujin? She hurts but he seems to hurt more.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Servaetes posted:

Just a quick question but is it a better idea to frag Seifer before Fujin? She hurts but he seems to hurt more.

You want to get rid of Fujin as soon as possible. Has the lowest HP and if you let her go for too long she starts setting people's HP to 1.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
JPN side, made two pulls on the Type-0 Banner. 1/11 both times, Nine's LM lance and Deuce's LM cap. RNG seems wholly intent on telling me to gently caress off this week, goddamn. Someone make an awesome pull soon so I know that unicorns exist or something...

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

FeralWraith posted:

JPN side, made two pulls on the Type-0 Banner. 1/11 both times, Nine's LM lance and Deuce's LM cap. RNG seems wholly intent on telling me to gently caress off this week, goddamn. Someone make an awesome pull soon so I know that unicorns exist or something...

I got Deuce's USB, Deuce's BSB, and a 3 star weapon I've been hunting for literally 2 months. Does that count?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

flowinprose posted:

You want to get rid of Fujin as soon as possible. Has the lowest HP and if you let her go for too long she starts setting people's HP to 1.

Plus you might get Zanketsuken Reverse'd when bursting down Seifer. And that hurts through Protectga. ESPECIALLY if he goes Bloodfeast -> Zanketsuken Reverse.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Zurai posted:

I got Deuce's USB, Deuce's BSB, and a 3 star weapon I've been hunting for literally 2 months. Does that count?

Seeing as how you are responsible for most of the boss strategies I use (thank you so much for doing all of that, btw!), you deserve awesome things, good sir. I'm curious about the 3 star weapon, though.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

FeralWraith posted:

Seeing as how you are responsible for most of the boss strategies I use (thank you so much for doing all of that, btw!), you deserve awesome things, good sir. I'm curious about the 3 star weapon, though.

Frostbrand (IV). I have Ayame's BSB and her full Legend Dive, but until last night no +ice weapon for her to use (she wears Lulu's Dress for +ice armor). She can self-buff herself to the Attack cap with no weapon equipped whatsoever, so using a 3 star weapon is no real hardship.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Are these bonus pre-anniversary events the bulk of the mythril we should expect for the anniversary, or will there be more during the event itself?

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Mithross posted:

Are these bonus pre-anniversary events the bulk of the mythril we should expect for the anniversary, or will there be more during the event itself?

I can't say anything informative about the pre-Anniversary mythril on JPN side (I never kept track of it), but one big part of the actual event was a single encounter that gave 50 mythril by itself. I would go so far as to presume we'd still be getting that during the event proper.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How often do they do orbfest? If the last one was in December when should we expect the next one?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

FeralWraith posted:

I can't say anything informative about the pre-Anniversary mythril on JPN side (I never kept track of it), but one big part of the actual event was a single encounter that gave 50 mythril by itself. I would go so far as to presume we'd still be getting that during the event proper.

We got 100% of the Anniversary stuff last year, even Accessories of Light which was a total no-effort filler event. We'll get 100% of the Anniversary stuff this year, too. From memory, that includes but is not limited to:

• Special Cid's Missions for a single early Classic dungeon in each realm requiring (mostly) a specific party of characters, for 1 mythril each, 15 mythril total.
  • Simultaneously with the above, for the entire duration of the anniversary mega-event, and for a few days after every future dungeon update, half stamina costs for normal dungeons.
  • An orbfest, starting on the 15th, for 25 total mythril from clearing.
  • Three special half-price Lucky Draws; one is Curaga level heals, one is Imperils (or was it en-elements? I forget), and one is BSBs. These will come one per day (and for one day only) on the three days leading up to the anniversary.
  • An anniversary login bonus of 25 mythril.
  • A special anniversary dungeon with a magic pot you beat on until 50 mythril spills out. This will be on the day the anniversary celebration starts and lasts for the whole celebration, but you can only get the mythril once.
  • Ultros's Selection, a special banner with relics the players voted on. The first 11-pull is free, and you can make infinite additional pulls at the normal price. This, too, will be a one-day banner (IIRC) on the day the celebration starts.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Orbfest is every three months. Next one starts in a few weeks

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Speedboat Jones posted:

How often do they do orbfest? If the last one was in December when should we expect the next one?

March 15th.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

Attestant posted:

No, they work just fine. You probably accidentally deselected the roaming warrior, leaving you with an empty slot. :shrug:

You're pobably right, thanks. Crafted Protectga and got him, but no mastery. I let Zach die, but I think I might have just taken too must damage/killed too slow to qualify even if I hadn't.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
do i need healing in the nightmare fight or are you not supposed to bring one along because of the green orb healing? the aoe is a bit much for tyro to single heal up and I am still lacking on solid medica options as far as current standards go

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Zurai posted:

We got 100% of the Anniversary stuff last year, even Accessories of Light which was a total no-effort filler event. We'll get 100% of the Anniversary stuff this year, too. From memory, that includes but is not limited to:

• Special Cid's Missions for a single early Classic dungeon in each realm requiring (mostly) a specific party of characters, for 1 mythril each, 15 mythril total.
  • Simultaneously with the above, for the entire duration of the anniversary mega-event, and for a few days after every future dungeon update, half stamina costs for normal dungeons.
  • An orbfest, starting on the 15th, for 25 total mythril from clearing.
  • Three special half-price Lucky Draws; one is Curaga level heals, one is Imperils (or was it en-elements? I forget), and one is BSBs. These will come one per day (and for one day only) on the three days leading up to the anniversary.
  • An anniversary login bonus of 25 mythril.
  • A special anniversary dungeon with a magic pot you beat on until 50 mythril spills out. This will be on the day the anniversary celebration starts and lasts for the whole celebration, but you can only get the mythril once.
  • Ultros's Selection, a special banner with relics the players voted on. The first 11-pull is free, and you can make infinite additional pulls at the normal price. This, too, will be a one-day banner (IIRC) on the day the celebration starts.
so between the 25 from login bonus and the 50 from the magic pot, with the 3 lucky banners and the one free draw on the non-lucky banner DENA's basically spotting us 4 11-pulls, nice

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Last anniversary fest was exhausting. Looks like more of the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Snazzy Frocks posted:

do i need healing in the nightmare fight or are you not supposed to bring one along because of the green orb healing? the aoe is a bit much for tyro to single heal up and I am still lacking on solid medica options as far as current standards go

I brought Tyro to heal with a Y'shtola BSB RW, but you could bring a proper no-synergy healer if you wanted to. Just make sure whoever you bring has decent HP; my first attempt I brought Arc at level 80 and he got one shot in phase 3 right away.

• Locked thread