Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

Shinn continues to be the best in SRW. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

AradoBalanga posted:

Quick, someone check to see if Hell has frozen over.

No chance. Mazinger hasn't had that attack in decades.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

No chance. Mazinger hasn't had that attack in decades.
Touche.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Ryoga posted:

Now the question is if he is better or worse than Fa.

Not sure if this was meant to be serious or not, but the answer is: Better. Not surprising, I know, but he is.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Fa canonically killed a SEED druggie for me so there's a high bar to clear imo

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Does the game support Remote Play?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I gotta hand it to Kodai for trying to fight off a bunch of Invaders, on top of the Gamiloids from the original show, with a mere pistol.

Being saved by Ryoma and an amnesiac Tetsuya of all people was pretty cool though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The mistranslated SR points are starting to get annoying, I have to say. There are multiple ones which are straight-up wrong and it means I have to guess what the actual objective is

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

The mistranslated SR points are starting to get annoying, I have to say. There are multiple ones which are straight-up wrong and it means I have to guess what the actual objective is
Weird. Can you give an example?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Weird. Can you give an example?

ImpAtom posted:

A quick tip:

Stage 15 (az route) (Island Encounter) has a mistranslated SR objective.

It says "Kill 3 enemies with a single unit before map end." What it actually means is "Kill 3 enemies with a single unit in a single turn." (i.e: abuse bonus stepping.)

There are others. The stage I'm on has the SR point of "Defeat all other enemies within 6 turns and also defeat Goergametch" (who runs). I did this and it didn't trigger so I don't actually know what the point for this stage is which is annoying because it means I have to redo it from scratch.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

ImpAtom posted:

There are others. The stage I'm on has the SR point of "Defeat all other enemies within 6 turns and also defeat Goergametch" (who runs). I did this and it didn't trigger so I don't actually know what the point for this stage is which is annoying because it means I have to redo it from scratch.

Man that's annoying. Did you kill Goergametch last?

Hopefully the Japanese copy players will throw up an SR points guide fast.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

EGSunBro posted:

Man that's annoying. Did you kill Goergametch last?

Hopefully the Japanese copy players will throw up an SR points guide fast.

Yep. On turn 6, everyone else dead, and killed him before he retreated. So something there is mistranslated but I'm not sure which.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Did MD have serious translation errors like that too?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Too bad there's no way to switch back to Japanese for a bit then.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Did MD have serious translation errors like that too?

MD did, yeah, but MD as a whole was less competently translated so it was more expected, plus I'd already played through the Japanese version so no big deal.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

For the record: It looks like it's "by the end of turn 5" to get the SR point for stage 22.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Blew away the stage 3 boss with the Yamato accidentally. Only meant to soften it up.

It doesn't sound like it is the case, but I hope the Yamato doesn't end up being a Jeigan type unit.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Unlucky7 posted:

It doesn't sound like it is the case, but I hope the Yamato doesn't end up being a Jeigan type unit.
A mid-ranged mass produced mobile suit?

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot

Samurai Sanders posted:

A mid-ranged mass produced mobile suit?

I'm pretty sure that's referring to the Fire Emblem character of the same name, who started a trend of Fire Emblem games having characters that join you at the start with really good stats, making the early game a bit easier, but due to the fact that they have terrible stat growth rates your other characters eventually outpace them.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Simon The Digger posted:

I'm pretty sure that's referring to the Fire Emblem character of the same name, who started a trend of Fire Emblem games having characters that join you at the start with really good stats, making the early game a bit easier, but due to the fact that they have terrible stat growth rates your other characters eventually outpace them.

Yeah that.

So Crossbones Gundam is currently a manga only thing, right? I'd certainly would watch it if it were an anime.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

Yeah that.

So Crossbones Gundam is currently a manga only thing, right? I'd certainly would watch it if it were an anime.

It is but the manga has no poo poo probably the only art worse in a major Gundam product than SEED.

Petridish
May 25, 2008
Think I messed up. I didn't pre-order and I bought the digital singapore version, so now I can't get the "starter pack" that gives you early access to the grungust and huckebein. Heard you can get it til March 22nd, but not seeing any mention of it on the singapore store.

Anyhoo, I've wondering which skill tree I should start progessing through. I'm thinking I want to get the Ace skill asap

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I don't get it. If which main character you pick doesn't control the first split, what does? It just happened without any obvious input from me. Is the other way secret or something?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Feb 24, 2017

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

Holy poo poo, guys. HOLY poo poo

Jerid apologizes to Kamille for making fun of his name and Kamille apologizes for punching Jerid!

What is this madness?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q6NRHHs3mY

holy poo poo

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
One detail that I like is that the VangRay is actually a huge, borderline unusable piece of poo poo made of whatever was lying around at the time and the only reason it works at all is that the computer and the AI manages the settings well enough so it controls something like a normal robot.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
So custom BGM works well? I'm trying to put together a list of stuff to replace right now. I feel like Huckbein might benefit from some Falcom sound team stuff.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Speaking of Huckbein, I just passed mission 4 and never got the mission for those units. Was there a special unlock condition? I see the mission in my scenario flowchart but, again, I never got it.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Ok, so I ordered this because SB Yamato, but I am really seriously not up to speed on my giant robots in general. Am I going to be awash and lost in inside references, or is there a followable story going on here at all?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I think I'm actually gonna stay with the default music for my first playthrough. It's alright, and it fits together well (no clashing styles or very different song volume). I'm just gonna have to get different songs for the Grungust and Huckebein: Time to Come is alright, but I gotta go with Grungust Zan and Vanishing Trooper.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

I-Is he permanent?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I dunno that the price is justified but some of these mini-stories from the DLC are kind of neat. My favorite so far is the one about the playable nameless grunt that pilots an MP F91 and dies saving Tobia.

Fix posted:

Ok, so I ordered this because SB Yamato, but I am really seriously not up to speed on my giant robots in general. Am I going to be awash and lost in inside references, or is there a followable story going on here at all?
The story is followable but a lot of inside references will also be lost on you.

Like these games are designed in a way that technically anyone that hasn't seen all or any of the different series will understand what's going on, but the significance of stuff like characters surviving plotlines that kill them in the source material will obviously not mean as much to you.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What's up with Shin Mazinger ZERO anyways? The manga scanlations are way behind.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Raxivace posted:

Like these games are designed in a way that technically anyone that hasn't seen all or any of the different series will understand what's going on, but the significance of stuff like characters surviving plotlines that kill them in the source material will obviously not mean as much to you.

Sure, and that's cool because I generally like to watch things going foom, and I'm totally open to watching the source material, to a point. I'm just worried that I'll get lost in the greater scheme of things.

Either way, it's on it's way, so I'm ready to go. The same trepidation hasn't stopped me from importing Gundam games in the past, so I guess we roll on.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:vince:

gimme yazan now

kag3man3
Jan 25, 2004

For people who are further into the game. Is Kanjite Knight available as one of the tracks?

Also to have this all in English is amazing

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Fix posted:

You'll basically never understand why some characters act the way they do. That's pretty much it. The story should be followable and the originals and some characters will get quite a bit of development over the game that you can follow easily. Some parts may be nonsensical at times, like why the lead man of FMP is suddenly in a bear costume or why every girl swoons over a dude with a mullet. Don't worry about those and just handwave it as anime. The games are painfully heavy on the exposition though for the purposes of story telling.

Just ask the thread if you ever have a question about something.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fix posted:

there's infodumps and a lot of the mechanics of the world are explained, and the originals root the story around themselves. so the overall plot is very followable even if you don't know a lot of the series involved. that said, a lot of the character building/backstory explanations are jettisoned in games like this, especially for side characters, but the side characters generally don't get much screentime so it isn't a big deal.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wish they hadn't gone quite so cheap on the music. Would've liked more arrangements instead of them just throwing in what they got from the Z series in a lot of cases.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
If you don't understand something, press Square and it'll open up the dictionary. You can then look up a biography of the speaker or define highlighted terms.

I actually recommend against looking at biographies (or the robot encyclopedia) because they contain spoilers. The highlighted terms are usually clean, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Holy hell, people were not kidding when they compared the Yamato to SRW J Nadescio.

I wonder if the Wunder from EVA 3.33 made it in as well.

• Locked thread