Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

I thought that was the law bong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

1lt congdong reporting for duty

That's LT U.S. Army reporting for the congdon military to you, soldier.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Dude's rockin' the rap industry standard, so you know he's a high speed, low drag spec ops oper8r.

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I thought you gentlemen would get a kick out of this one

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Found an employer who very much cares about your PCS awards.

https://twitter.com/davidgura/status/834193992006893568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

TBeats posted:

The 320 underbarrel is so loving stupid.

This. Especially when you had an idiot unit who made you qualify rifle with that goddamn thing attached.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

GREAT SATAN posted:

The jacket, bag, and gallon jug of water all scream douchebag. Hated these guys when I was in. I can't see his feet but I bet dollars to donuts he's wearing tan boots with the pants tucked in.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gently caress the troops.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

GREAT SATAN posted:

Your phone needs to get charged soon

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Look at who skips leg day.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I remember doing exactly one board that wasn't a medboard (which, I am still not sure how I did. I got retired, so good? Or is that failing? Who cares, I can't get drafted for the coming Syria/Iran cock up).
My 1SG asked what the max effective range of the M4 was. I couldn't remember (and honestly, didn't study poo poo. IIRC, it was SOTM and I was forced to go), so my answer was the most Army answer ever.
"I don't know the max effective range of that rifle, but I know the max effective range of this shooter."
"That's a good loving answer. It's wrong, but it's a good answer."

I didn't pass the board.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Mike-o posted:

gently caress the troops.

Hard n hot

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I did like 3 SOTM boards and hosed up so goddamn bad I never did another one.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I never did a single board. Thank god. Although I established myself as a good soldier and team leader I was injured on my first deployment and on and off profiles throughout the rest of my time in and therefore a piece of poo poo soldier unworthy of promotion past E-4.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
I saw a tinted out Mustang with a vanity plate that reads "F POGS" pull into a community college parking lot to pick up an 18 year old Asian girl.

It was the most enlisted thing I've ever seen.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I saw a dude in his Army undershirt, cowboy jeans, and tan boots on a date with a girl who had a bag with her high school senior-level textbooks.

Here's hoping she was 18; I didn't call CPS.

She still looked older than him.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Sacrist65 posted:

I saw a tinted out Mustang with a vanity plate that reads "F POGS" pull into a community college parking lot to pick up an 18 year old Asian girl.

It was the most enlisted thing I've ever seen.

Brb. Gonna buy a Camaro with the license plate "Slammer" and run into him a bunch of times.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

You know, I sit in my school's veterans lounge because it's normally quiet and is filled with older people like myself but there are a handful of dudes like the above who just can't let go. I don't like these people. :eng99:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

DoktorLoken posted:

You know, I sit in my school's veterans lounge because it's normally quiet and is filled with older people like myself but there are a handful of dudes like the above who just can't let go. I don't like these people. :eng99:

That's why I just sit in my car. I can't stand those loving guys.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Yeah, we've got one especially loud guy who can't stop telling stories about his time in the Army. Dude, shut up. Literally everyone in here was in the military and nobody cares about your stupid stories.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My favorite story about my time in the army:

On April 17th I started terminal leave. On May 4th I was out.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

DoktorLoken posted:

Those guys are the worst.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Those guys are the worst.

Especially when I'm just trying to get my homework done. Guy, I don't care that you were in the Marines. I don't care about the dumb memes you constantly want to show me. I especially don't like the way you try to suck up to me since I am a combat vet and you aren't. I don't like fetishizing violence and war. I just want to do my loving accounting.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Pesticide20 posted:

Especially when I'm just trying to get my homework done. Guy, I don't care that you were in the Marines. I don't care about the dumb memes you constantly want to show me. I especially don't like the way you try to suck up to me since I am a combat vet and you aren't. I don't like fetishizing violence and war. I just want to do my loving accounting.

I was actually talking to my coworkers about this yesterday (both of whom are also vets) and we settled on the amount a person talks about their time in the military is inversely proportional to the amount of "stuff" they have going on in their lives.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I miss the military a lot sometimes but I checked out mentally from it well before I got out.

The people you are talking about never mentally checked out of the military.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
DA-31 for terminal leave submitted today. Holy poo poo, the end is in sight.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Aranan posted:

DA-31 for terminal leave submitted today. Holy poo poo, the end is in sight.

Don't gently caress up now

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

TBeats posted:

I miss the military a lot sometimes

Stop it.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

psydude posted:

Stop it.

Think of the benefits, like:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Woof Blitzer posted:

Think of the benefits, like:

and such as

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I don't know if we're all so woke and post-army then maybe these guys who can't readjust and constantly live in the past could use a little mentorship and help discovering cool things about the post-army life?

I cringe as much as anyone but I don't want to spend the rest of my life embarrassed to be a vet either so :shrug:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Zeris posted:

I don't know if we're all so woke and post-army then maybe these guys who can't readjust and constantly live in the past could use a little mentorship and help discovering cool things about the post-army life?

I cringe as much as anyone but I don't want to spend the rest of my life embarrassed to be a vet either so :shrug:

I'm not embarrassed to be a veteran, I just don't want to be confused with the veterans we all know and hate.

e: To be sure, my work friend was in the Marines. We both love sharing dumb military stories and laughing about the military, but we also can't stand people who treat their time in the service like it makes them entitled to something. Or that they still hold their rank as civilians.

psydude fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 23, 2017

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Zeris posted:

It's a double edged sword. You try to talk about your times in and it's always some loving non fun story about how actually their friends are dead now after their deployment and they don't understand my pog life.

Like drat dude where do I go from there? I'm sorry of course that is bad and you should see someone about that I guess no one cares anymore about dumb lieutenant stories.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Tell me about your dead friend when we are swapping fun stories and I won't hang out with you anymore.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Soulex posted:

Tell me about your dead friend when we are swapping fun stories and I won't hang out with you anymore.

4 realz. Go drink alone like a normal person.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
My school has a veterans lounge and sometimes I think I should go over there and hang out then about .001 milliseconds later I talk myself out of hanging out with whatever weirdos are in there and just go home instead

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

My school has a veterans lounge and sometimes I think I should go over there and hang out then about .001 milliseconds later I talk myself out of hanging out with whatever weirdos are in there and just go home instead

That's about where I am with mine. I show my face enough to where people remember me and don't question when I drop in for free food, though.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Sir, I need to see your retired ID before you can come in here.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I have never, not even once, stepped foot in the vet lounge. I don't even actually know where it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
There's a cool cat that hangs out in my vet lounge.

You guys are talking about pet care, right?