Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Kurtofan posted:

How does this thread get so many posts

That's the Nintendo magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

How does this thread get so many posts

This is what happens when you sunset Miiverse

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Switchposting is a time honored tradition

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

So is there gonna be another 8.8-gate today or is it only a preview embargo?

*edit nvm, they're blocking reviews until march 1st/2nd. man I remember when Nintendo didn't use to copy all garbage AAA games have forced upon us

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Feb 24, 2017

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

ten years ago we'd make fun of CODblopsGTA because of DLC/season passes, review embargoes until literally the day before release, paid online, GOTY/remaster versions, special editions, and yet here we are

Nov 24, 2014

PerrineClostermann posted:

Switchposting is a time honored tradition

But the Switch doesn't have a browser...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I go to sleep and when I wake up I see a ton of really bad posts and insane words.
Come on friends, we are better than this! Please.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

You should probably sleep more. Get it all out of the way now so that you don't have to sleep anymore when the Switch comes out!

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
So, since I didn't get a preorder in I should wait until the SwitchU?

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

BambooEarpick posted:

So, since I didn't get a preorder in I should wait until the SwitchU?

If you buy anything other than the SwitchU Pro S you are a sucker.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The new Nintendo VirtuaSwitchU S Pro Day One Edition.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Are they going to rerelease Bayonetta 2 and/or W101 on the Switch

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

God willing.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Release all Wii U exclusives on the switch, so its like teh WIIU never happened tia

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I would definitely buy both of them again.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Snipperclips is confirmed for launch in Europe and it's also getting a Joycon bundle (two coloured joycon and a download code).

20EUR for the game, no price for the bundle ("set by retailers" like most other Nintendo hardware in Europe.)

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Feb 24, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I would prefer a bayonetta 3, to be honest

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Release all Wii U exclusives on the switch, so its like teh WIIU never happened tia

Hell, same.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

AlphaKeny1 posted:

:yeah:

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
The joy con-troversy is killing me and I might die or kill myself before I ever get to know them intimately. Farewell dear friends.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

alf_pogs posted:

my zelda hype is through the roof in case you couldn't tell. gently caress i just love video games
Does he love you back though? What does Mrs. Video Games think about this?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

I would prefer a bayonetta 3, to be honest

I would want them to port the first 2 games to the Switch first so people can play the whole series on the one console (and on the go). Not to mention that Bayonetta would get the dubious honor of being probably the first series to get 3 separate installments on 3 generations of consoles with no major visual upgrades.

Really though, they should port all of the Wii U exclusives to the Switch, for no reason other than game preservation.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Wii U is definitely at risk, preservation-wise. Gamepads won't last forever and aren't easily emulated. I'm sure there's rips of data, but they'll be very challenging to play in 10 - 20 years.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

A Wii U emulator already exists.

It's not great mut it's surprisingly far along already.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Gonna be REAL honest, guys. This JoyCon connectivity thing really deflated my hype balloon.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yeah, between that and the VC delay I'm a bit less excited than I have been. Still pumped for Zelda, Fast RMX + Snipperclips (goty).

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
if its any consolation the joycons are so small and lovely you were probably gonna end up buying a pro controller anyways

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
As someone who doesn't follow this thread every day, what's the desync thing about? Like, I can gather that it's something about the controller desyncing, but is it really at 2 feet or is that just hyperbole, is it a confirmed thing or just a single instance from a random source, is it only when the switch is away from the dock, or what?

More importantly, what kind of hairstyle would bayonetta rock in a third bayonetta game

Also also, didn't nintendo say they aren't making the bayonetta amiibos until after the switch gets launched?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

BambooEarpick posted:

Gonna be REAL honest, guys. This JoyCon connectivity thing really deflated my hype balloon.

I'm optimistic, but I'm not looking forward to it dominating the news over the next few days.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

As someone who doesn't follow this thread every day, what's the desync thing about? Like, I can gather that it's something about the controller desyncing, but is it really at 2 feet or is that just hyperbole, is it a confirmed thing or just a single instance from a random source, is it only when the switch is away from the dock, or what?

More importantly, what kind of hairstyle would bayonetta rock in a third bayonetta game

Also also, didn't nintendo say they aren't making the bayonetta amiibos until after the switch gets launched?

1) some people find that bluetooth is a bit unreliable and can't penetrate some materials
2) Rachel Green
3) Still unclear

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Snipperclips is confirmed for launch in Europe and it's also getting a Joycon bundle (two coloured joycon and a download code).

20EUR for the game, no price for the bundle ("set by retailers" like most other Nintendo hardware in Europe.)

A couple EU retailers have put up listings for this bundle at around 85EUR, which is only 5EUR more than the average price of the regular joycon bundle.

They're the standard red/blue colours, by the way, they didn't go pink/yellow like you might have hoped.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Snipperclips is confirmed for launch in Europe

Your first win as Europea-

and it's also getting a Joycon bundle

Oh

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm kinda surprised Nintendo didn't spring for a set of Gold Joycons for the big expensive Breath of the Wild Collector's Edition.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm kinda surprised Nintendo didn't spring for a set of Gold Joycons for the big expensive Breath of the Wild Collector's Edition.

The gold would reduce the range of the Bluetooth to 10 cm.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
But seriously, yall are panicking over an issue that will probably be fixed in the Day One patch.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Polygon's pre-review of Zelda leaked a lil early.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

But seriously, yall are panicking over an issue that will probably be fixed in the Day One patch.

I mean, yeah there's a gaggle of shitposters trying to make Ultimate Hay out of this, but I can't fault anyone for not being soothed by the promise of a day 1 patch to fix a very serious issue.

Like I said. I'm optimistic (and this isn't going to likely effect me), but I'm also glad I told all my friends who were curious "don't buy a console at launch".

Heartening.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Feb 24, 2017

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
If Breath of the Wild turns out to be amazing then what other games will it join as incredible system launch sellers?

All I can think of is Super Mario Brothers 1, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, and Ridge Racer.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
halo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I always forget about that.

• Locked thread