Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Not really. How are they going to plan around it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Hephasto should get B.E.F.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
OK, fresh start. Imagine this is the starting situation, objectives being the same. What do we do? Remember, their runners need to make it to their deployment zone for the countdown to start.

e: Edit, well, their telephone zone.

my dad fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 24, 2017

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
I can form up what's left of 52e, 53e, and 120e over the course of four turns and make a push on Pasteur Ridge. I am not optimistic of success. 55e needs to stay where it is.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

thatbastardken posted:

I can form up what's left of 52e, 53e, and 120e over the course of four turns and make a push on Pasteur Ridge. I am not optimistic of success. 55e needs to stay where it is.

Baguette, more like.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
We need to try and break the Boche control strip they have that basically runs from the north east to south west corner or we lose.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

to reflect the dispute on roll20, I do not believe that attacking baguette is going to end well - it puts my brigades under more enemy guns for longer from the east, or is to tight to maneuver in from the south.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Personal note: I am officially salty about listening to y'all about not doing the reverse slope defence. :cheeky:

The big problem is that there's no clear cut move we can make in the East. Depending on German orders, they can have one of their brigades halt, on move to Croissant, and another to secure Faibleimpot, and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Generals Comrade Koba and Sixkiller report in immediately! You must look to your brigades or be replaced.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
My plan for now: Redeploy the whole of 6th to Clemenceau. Evacuate General Bacarruda via running like hell. Wait and see what happens. They need a runner to make it past a lot of our forces to actually start the countdown.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
At this point I am hoping that the Germans are closer to their breaking point then we are.

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary

thatbastardken posted:

Generals Comrade Koba and Sixkiller report in immediately! You must look to your brigades or be replaced.

Sorry sir, the smell of blood unsettled me for a moment (can't go on roll20, right now, school works needs to be done.)

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
So far, the votes seem in favor of YES on sending the message. I'll leave it up for an hour more.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I'll bear your message to the Huns and face the horrid torture they surely have planned for me.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Thump! posted:

I'll bear your message to the Huns and face the horrid torture they surely have planned for me.

Sure. But not unless I give a clear go ahead marked with :frogsiren:

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

The BEF 2nd Brigade is a veteran formation with 15 infantry companies, one machine-gun company, one engineer, and one battery of 18-pounder field guns. (Their calibre is 84mm, and they may not be manhandled.) It must be assigned to a French DHQ for boring crunch reasons.

edit: they will not, I carry messages between threads, although I can certainly attribute it

Trin Tragula fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 24, 2017

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Trin Tragula posted:

edit: they will not, I carry messages between threads, although I can certainly attribute it

Understood.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

my dad posted:

Sure. But not unless I give a clear go ahead marked with :frogsiren:

Got it. *pretends to rev bicycle*

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Thump! posted:

Got it. *pretends to rev bicycle*

You're lucky I'm retreating.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

top joke of the day from r20: 'biking funeral'

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

less top joke: can three half brigades make a forced march from la cote to clemenceau in time to stop the german...thing they're doing?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
So, discussion and plans so far:

The BEF can move directly west. It'll be in a good position to bayonet charge a whole drat lot into disorganized Boche. Our lost artillery can be placed on the ridge covering 7 enemy chits, one of which is supressed. 9th can regroup on Clemenceau. And the reinforcements can still arrive to take Faibleimpot in time, I think.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Sixkiller posted:

Sorry sir, the smell of blood unsettled me for a moment (can't go on roll20, right now, school works needs to be done.)

no worries, just give orders in this thread

if you can't get the detail you need delegate and we'll find someone to draw maps.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

my dad posted:

Haha, I only just noticed that Tehan deployed only 6 infantry chits instead of 8. This should be fun :D

I could have sworn I read six infantry companies in Trin's post :smithicide:

Thankfully he deployed them in a natural extension of the ordered formation, and they safely reached a position to exude an aura of gently caress You.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
The message is only to be sent by Trin between the moment of adjudication starting and the moment the next turn is posted, and not a moment sooner.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
As a hilarious sidenote, Tehan's orders include him retreating OUT OF TRENCHES into wheat if he sees the German blob that's coming his way. :D

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

General Mon Pere, Corps Commander

Division Generals, I need updates on your situation. The BEF brigade will deploy in Bois de Tigre and their liason will pass on my orders to them.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

my dad posted:

The message is only to be sent by Trin between the moment of adjudication starting and the moment the next turn is posted, and not a moment sooner.

Sounds good.

So far, the lesson of the past few turns have been that two charging brigades will gently caress up a single brigade pretty well. Whatever we do, we shouldn't leave someone alone. Also, we have ceded some of the initiative to the enemy. That being said, I certainly suspect that the east is quiet for now, given tat the 1.5 brigades on Pasteur have withdrawn behind their arty, and the third brigade has reached the "safety" of Baguette.

I suspect that the brigade in Baguette and St. C will remain on the defense, meaning that we have the opportunity to defeat the enemy in detail. I suggest we leave the 120th to anchor our lines from any unexpected offensive would be prudent, and move the 52nd and 53rd to bolster the attack from Clemenceau ridge. It will take some time for them to march over, however, time that we don't have. The Germans seem to be caught up in the blood lust typical of their race. Consumed by rage, the brigade within range of the guns on Clemenceau will hopefully charge our prepared defenses, while the westernmost brigade will carry on their wanton path of destruction towards the defenseless villages of the region. I suggest we move the brigade from Flanderschamps south and the incoming BEF northwest to crush the remaining enemy in the sector between them. With those offending brigades removed, then we can move on St. C and eventually, faiblempot. This may compel the Germans in the east to react, but the 55th and 120nd should be able to see them off. And if they decide to charge out of Baguette towards the 99th, well, the little barbed wire surprise should hold them off.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

General de Division Tebeka

Mon Pere, my situation is stable. 55e is digging in. 52e, 53e and 120e have rallied and can be put to use, but further casualties will likely cause a rout. The visible German brigade on Pasteur ridge has fire superiority but does not appear to be advancing. Any further advance will need to be cautious and coordinated.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Predicted

Actual

What's interesting here is that A), the western division scattered in their assault, and B), the eastern division fell back.

This highlights a couple things to me. Firstly, they view Quatreprouts (possibly Graisse) as their foremost objective, even willing to spread themselves out and take immense casualties for it. I speculate that this means they have a similar condition as ours - get the end point, enemy main force moves in. Secondly, they view La Cote as an accidental engagement, and aren't committed to it. So we have to examine where the other group is going. Here is what I expect for them to do.

If we treat St Croissant as our priority, we'll need to recommit the eastern brigades. This proposes they gather in the forest, and then advance supported by the entrenched artillery.

Meanwhile, our new brigade has two options. The first is to play aggressive and rush the final objective. This assumes that the forces in contact can hold Dejeuner long enough for the BEF to arrive. The second is more conservative, and commits the brigade to Dejeuner so we have a few more rounds to soak until BEF arrives. Practically speaking, the BEF should be enough to mop up the map.

edit: After chatting with the war room, holding the west green division in their trenches lets their arty control Brioche, which works pretty well. Discussing what to do with the troops advancing on Dejuener.

rough outline of our fires:

As you can see, their avenue of approach is right between our guns.

We now have a cunning plan:

97th charges towards Quatrepolis, killing anyone in the way! :D

Loel fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Feb 24, 2017

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Loel posted:

My orders are the same (no move, yes shoot), but if our engineers can find us I want to dig some trenches followed by place wire toward the forest.

Not one step back!

Second verse same as the first. Dig deeper trenches, extend the wire west.

edit: Apparently I got some new cannon? How many/what type made it back?

Loel fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Feb 24, 2017

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Loel posted:

Second verse same as the first. Dig deeper trenches, extend the wire west.

Old cannon. Waaaay too old cannon. :cheeky:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

my dad posted:

Old cannon. Waaaay too old cannon. :cheeky:

I'm picturing this

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

That was my thought pretty much exactly. Situation looks good, if rather bloody. Doesn't seem to be all that much boche left, unless there's some hiding out somewhere we can't see like the cowards they are. Soon the fair soil of France will be free of the invader, the war will be over and we can all go home!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

General de Division Tebeka

Provisional Orders: Generals, if you do not acknowledge receipt of these orders in a timely fashion you will be removed from command.

52e, 53e and 120e are to move at best possible speed, maintaining cover at all times, to the western edge of the Clemenceau foothills. When you arrive HOLD POSITION until otherwise ordered. (Priority Order)

55e is to continue to entrench, and place one infantry company on La Cote as a scout.

Divisional HQ will be traveling to Clemenceau village, expecting to arrive in time to send fresh orders.

Again, I cannot stress enough how important it is that you receive and repeat these orders back to me. Only precision in our affairs will allow us to prevail against the weight of the Boche.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Loel posted:

The two 75mm batteries that you didn't put in that first image have returned to you and will appear on the map, unlimbered and ready to fire, at any location within 16" of your Brigade HQ that you nominate.

The 155s...you'll see about those.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Some peasant stumbled across them, dismantled them and turned them into farming equipment. Surely this is what has happened.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Général de brigade Comrade Koba

Orders for 52nd Brigade

Brigade will pull back from La Cote, moving towards the western part of the Clemenceau foothils as indicated by the arrow.

Upon arrival, brigade will deploy as indicated below and entrench their position as quickly as possible.

Standing orders

When sighting an enemy on Attack stance: Keep moving along original path
When attacking the enemy: Use rifle fire
When an enemy company Breaks Off or Retreats Suppressed: Do not pursue
Break Off automatically when: 2/3 casualties are taken

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

General Mon Pere, Corps Commander

*phone rings*

*sounds of a cavalry saber being sharpened*

General Tebeka, you are pull most of your forces to Clemenceau ridge. Speed is important, but safety much more so - choose your route carefully. Leave your main gunline in place. You are to personally move to Clemenceau, although I highly suggest making a stop at Livredepot for the sake of coordination with the corps command and your brigades.
Consider that your brigades may be tasked with retaking Graisse should our other forces prove unable to defend it or retake it and plan with this possibility in mind. In addition, take into account the possibility of an assault out of Baguette being launched on your gunline, and consider standing orders and paths that would allow your retreating brigades to punish enemy attempts to break through in this manner.

General Bacarrette, ((If the B.E.F. brigade needs to be assigned to a division)the B.E.F. brigade is to be assigned to you for coordination purposes. They are to secure Quatreprouts as quickly as possible, and then proceed to take up a reverse slope South of La Oeuf. A. B. C.). You are to order all of your currently engaged or rallying brigades to proceed at maximum speed toward Graisse, bayonets fixed, sabers unsheathed. They are to hold it at any cost until further orders are given. If needed, assign the runner to keep shouting your orders in their face until they start following them. The 99th is to deploy its recently arrived assets somewhere they can contribute to the ongoing battle on Dejeneur the most. The reserve brigade in the NW is to hold position at any cost, though I imagine that getting an order to them right now might not be a priority to you.
I will leave it at your discretion whether you are to sever the Northern telephone cable and evacuate to Clemenceau or stay in Graisse. Regadless of your choice, if this is the last time we speak... It has been an honor.

(in case I get to personally tell the B.E.F. what they should do)
The B.E.F. brigade is to proceed at maximum speed directly West, toward Quatreprouts. They are not to slow down for any reason other than to impale any Boche who gets directly in their way on their bayonets, and are not to pursue anyone not fleeing towards Quatreprouts. Once there is no Boche capable of putting up a fight left at Quatreprouts, they are to proceed with maximum aggression towards La Oeuf, taking up a reverse slope next to Bois de Bacon. Should they see an enemy moving into their engagement range, they are to charge them, pursue them, and destroy them utterly. Annihilating enemy artillery is of the highest priority.
At the brigade commander's discretion, they may deploy their machine guns and artillery in a convenient location along the brigade's path. The actions of the engineer are also left at thier discretion. Some of their options protecting your heavy equipment with barbed wire or heading out on their own to help shore up another brigade's defences.
<OOC note: Pay special care to which division stance you take up before Quatreprouts and which stance you take up after Quatreprouts>

my dad fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I AM GIVING THE DIVISION COMMANDERS THE AUTHORITY TO, IN AN EMERGENCY, REPLACE BRIGADE COMMANDERS WHO AREN'T FOLLOWING ORDERS (which is to say, aren't posting)

• Locked thread