Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

we actually went to the same high school, I was in a play with her my freshman year a few years before Juno came out

how much of a crush did you have on her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
how long can trump actually talk jesus christ

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Al! posted:

olivia thrillbae

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

not long at all because he isn't very religious

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

both, actually

not surprising

A while. I don't know how people listen to Donald for more than five minutes at a time. It's just nonsense.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/TeaPainUSA/status/835162576493371392

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Has a protest group claimed responsibility for the flags? Because this is CPAC - they might have been sincere and intended to be supportive of Trump.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Drunkboxer posted:

Make a sequel Hollywood gd it

2000AD stuff basically exists in a state of half-death where it has an incredibly enthusiastic fanbase in its comic line ensuring it never really goes away but any time it tries to break out of that niche it just flat out fails to find its broader appeal

the Dredd movie was NOT a resounding success, $41M at the box office and cost about that much to make. not exactly a resounding success clamoring for a sequel. all the video games have been pretty limp-wristed too unfortunately

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

this but a Dredd grimace

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Hot Fash girls are my kryptonite. Carmen Ibanez, Judge trainee Anderson and the blond Nazi from the last crusade. drat.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

my guess is if he didn't have people constantly hovering around him to keep him on task he could talk forever

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTDLdDEJwZg

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Carmen Ibanez defeated us all okay let's just admit it

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/JasonMillman/status/835160323124514818

looks like the house is going with the "let the senate kill it" option

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

how much of a crush did you have on her

it was high school I had a massive crush on everyone

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

wait so they want to be able to kick people off insurance, have people drop out of the insurance market, and make people who get insurance pay more taxes?

lol

just

lol

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Coolguye posted:

2000AD stuff basically exists in a state of half-death where it has an incredibly enthusiastic fanbase in its comic line ensuring it never really goes away but any time it tries to break out of that niche it just flat out fails to find its broader appeal

the Dredd movie was NOT a resounding success, $41M at the box office and cost about that much to make. not exactly a resounding success clamoring for a sequel. all the video games have been pretty limp-wristed too unfortunately

I figured it did well on video.

The dredd pinball game is good, lol.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

wait so they want to be able to kick people off insurance, have people drop out of the insurance market, and make people who get insurance pay more taxes?

lol

just

lol

"Please god, let the Senate kill this abortion of a bad idea"

Watch it pass the Senate because Trump just blindly approves of it and then get signed into law

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

MacheteZombie posted:

lol

just

lol

doing anything with medicaid is a poison pill in the senate

tweaking pre-ex conditions takes it out of reconciliation because its non-budgetary iirc.

If that's the bill, they're intentionally setting it up to fail.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Schnorkles posted:

A $2000 tax break would pay for about three months of bottom-tier coverage with a $7,000 deductible for me, based on last December's trip through the marketplace

Eat poo poo and die

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

The best part about the Russian flag thing is there's a bonus ignorant option that they thought red white blue was American enough

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

"Please god, let the Senate kill this abortion of a bad idea"

Watch it pass the Senate because Trump just blindly approves of it and then get signed into law

it won't. There's between 5 and 10 R senators who have openly said they'll oppose any bill that cuts medicaid.

Also I think that particular version is fillibusterable.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

So is Bannon putting Prince Reibus' head on a spike?

https://www.apnews.com/5d9107864dca4089a5e23da56fd863e2/Officials:-Trump-adviser-asked-FBI-to-dispute-Russia-reports

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

LOL at how crooked that pdf is. No time to center on the copier push that fuckin paper through NOW!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

lol

just

lol

Before I got married I had my now-wife on my healthcare plan, which meant I had to pay taxes on the employer-paid portion of the premium in addition to the portion I paid. I was netting half my gross.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
zegermans: wrong about Hillary. wrong about Pacific Rim. wrong for america.

squizzle/turdfuzz 2020

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol apparently McConnell's latest public event was held in an upscale hotel with reservations at $65 a pop that were carefully selected and he STILL had protesters

They should show up at his house imho

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Also my understanding is that there's like 4 or 5 different plans floating around right now, even in the house. Whatever one they were thinking about using got a terrible CBO score and they're back to the drawing board. That may not actually be the plan they're trying to pass.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

lol apparently McConnell's latest public event was held in an upscale hotel with reservations at $65 a pop that were carefully selected and he STILL had protesters

So he can shoot them and claim self defense?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

quote:

In place of the Obamacare subsidies, the House bill starting in 2020 would give tax credits — based on age instead of income.

they know their base

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

The Elijah Baley series (which obliquely tells the story of Earth's first robotic forays into space)

these books are really good

it doesn't matter if you read them before or after asimovs other stuff but they always get overshadowed by foundation and robot series

then these quiet little loving books are there on the shelf and you think i liked the famous ones maybe these will be ok and pow holy character study of entire distantly related civilizations and mystery and robot buddy cop and i should probably get a towel

i like the elijah baley books a lot

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

skaboomizzy posted:

A $2000 tax break would pay for about three months of bottom-tier coverage with a $7,000 deductible for me, based on last December's trip through the marketplace

Eat poo poo and die

Well actually you won't need to buy insurance anymore so you can have the privilege of dying in the street/overloaded hospital emergency room lobby.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

they know their base

Ahahahsklsdhislahrjshahoflsfnfnslpqjruoeqpnxnxa

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

i thot they already did but yea they should keep doin it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

Also my understanding is that there's like 4 or 5 different plans floating around right now, even in the house. Whatever one they were thinking about using got a terrible CBO score and they're back to the drawing board. That may not actually be the plan they're trying to pass.

Reminder that "terrible" is in context of the 20 million people losing insurance from last rating being acceptable

Sexual Lorax posted:

it doesn't matter if you read them before or after asimovs other stuff but they always get overshadowed by foundation and robot series

then these quiet little loving books are there on the shelf and you think i liked the famous ones maybe these will be ok and pow holy character study of entire distantly related civilizations and mystery and robot buddy cop and i should probably get a towel

I enjoyed them a lot yeah

I felt like they definitely belong after I, Robot but before the Empire series

It's jarring how quickly robots are removed from the whole picture considering philosophy of robotics and AI is like the main thing Asimov is known for

Bailey *IS* the Robot series tho so did you mean Empire? Because I don't think the Empire arc is overshadowing anything

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 379 days!

Epic High Five posted:

I thought they already started doing that? I know I read/saw pictures of that last week

I imagine his gaping maw constantly going from happy turtle to sad turtle because he's getting yelled at and it's what is currently fueling me to get through today

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Global warming is really nice

Not gonna lie

72 degrees

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

they know their base

a whole $4000 in tax credits for people over the age of 60 while medicare gets gutted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Sexual Lorax posted:

yeah they're excellent

daneel :moonrio:

• Locked thread