Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oligopsony
May 17, 2007
IIRC I think it's not that he was actually making a bomb, but that Johnny Law was sent after him by conspiring liberal politicians, to make police/Islamophobia/the war on terror look bad and Muslims look good, as of course abetted by the (((media))).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Fututor Magnus posted:

https://twitter.com/slavojzyzzek/status/834552801158164480

Context: Wesley can't find job because he wasted his life on his blogging career. Apparently his blogging career is evidence enough that he's smart and deserves free money for nothing.

This account's tweets are protected.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Peel posted:

Also: is there some kind of story behind Nick Land being banned from twitter?

Nick Land is genuinely mentally disturbed from taking too much speed

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

LibrarianCroaker posted:

It wasn't yesterday

Presumably Nydwracist is having one of his biweekly petulant freakouts, and will be back in another week with a new handle and avatar, but the same old lovely views, ways of expressing himself, and ways of communicating, but he'll have a new nonsensical neologism to identify his political position as so look forward to that.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

It's probably specifically because he got pointed out, he tends to go dark when people start paying attention. If people're going to link Tweets, do the rest of us a solid and include the text/picture as well, because they're ephemeral (especially with someone like him) and posts are not.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So I was on that racist rationalist creep's tumblr and apparently some youtube man showed up on joe rogan and said that gavin mcinnes is cool. apparently racist rationalist guy thinks that gavin is redpilling the nation with half-misremembered, evidence free, hbdchick crap when this is a guy who broke down in a real debate with a feminist on air.

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Eh, it's this guy:

Whining about how the government needs to make up a job for 'overeducated' folks like him (this being a guy who dropped out of college doing a philosophy degree because he was too racist, his last word uttered in class being "Moldbug", and does his 'research' exclusively on wikipedia and far-right blogs) otherwise he'll gently caress things up with his far-reaching influence (he has a pathetic 2000 something twitter followers and a tumblr full of petulant whining about how progs make him too lazy and inept at holding down a job) and bring down the cathedral bare-handed, or some poo poo.

This is also a man who hates welfare because it might help along poor folk who also happen to not be white, but once complained about there being no basic income for people like him who don't want to work and would rather do 'research' (i.e. his blogging career)

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Josef bugman posted:

Okay, what's wrong with Neil Gaiman now.

It's a pretty well known fact in the publishing scene that Gaiman is a huge shill who will do a glowing pull quote for basically any book of even middling value if you send him a copy and enough money. Even if it's a good book you can guarantee that he will greatly over rate it's value or importance (Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell is a good book but he called it "unquestionably the finest English novel of the fantastic written in the last 70 years"). It's unclear if he understands that his die hard fans just have low standards and will take whatever he endorses as gospel or just has really awful taste in books.

Also his wife is an rear end in a top hat.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

El Estrago Bonito posted:

It's a pretty well known fact in the publishing scene that Gaiman is a huge shill who will do a glowing pull quote for basically any book of even middling value if you send him a copy and enough money. Even if it's a good book you can guarantee that he will greatly over rate it's value or importance (Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell is a good book but he called it "unquestionably the finest English novel of the fantastic written in the last 70 years"). It's unclear if he understands that his die hard fans just have low standards and will take whatever he endorses as gospel or just has really awful taste in books.

My uncle who works in the publishing industry says that Neil Gaiman is not actually darkly enlightened

He also says that you get rid of a cold the same way that you cure yourself of any other misfortune: you pass the affliction on to someone else. You have often heard it said that you can’t ever get well from the flu until somebody else gets your germs. Influenza is just like everything else in life. Whenever you suffer some illness or imperfection, the only certain means of getting better is to give that ailment to another person.

Some folk sayings you can feel in your gut: you can never get rid of harm to your own self until another person is suffering in your place. There is a reason why folk wisdom tells you to hand-over that chest cold to your unsuspecting neighbor.

The celestial balance sheet requires that someone in this world always be sickened – and you might as well be drat sure it is someone else. God is a bit like a cost accountant up in the cosmos. In this holy ledger, there must always be some soul that is afflicted, so you might as well make certain that another name is in the unfortunate column. Like any set of financial statements, you do not eliminate suffering – you move it around. Agony is like money – it never vanishes; anguish just goes to someone else. In this existence, the good Lord is going to extract every cent of pain that He is promised – the only thing that concerns you is to make certain is that the hurt comes out of someone else’s flesh.

Whether it is AIDS or an upset stomach, suffering is like a bad penny – you need to pass it to the person next to you. Whether it is syphilis or a sore throat, sickness is like a piece of counterfeit currency that you receive in change – you won’t feel better until you slip it to some unsuspecting victim. Whether it is herpes or hemorrhoids, you will only get better by making others sick. On this earth, you cannot prevent damage; you just pass the calamity to the next person in line. The best you can do in life is to ensure that others are in misery, so misfortune stays away from you.

You rid the body of a cold the same way you remedy any other malady, you give the affliction to someone else. Any sort of damage in this life can only be repaired if you pass the distress on to some other victim.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/alicemazzy/status/835276719560896512

I suppose we win the war by default.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

The Land suspension (now rescinded, explanation still unknown) caused a bit of a freakout. There were some others too but I don't actually know anything about alt-right twitter so I can't remember them.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

JS&MN is excellent and you are making me very sad.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
London's first alt-right art show

secret neoreaction conference and all, apparently

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Aww, no pictures of the Alternative Arts?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Parklife!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

It's cute how Kantbot thinks he's a part of weird twitter and not just another jackass with a pepe avatar that everyone ignores

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

ate all the Oreos posted:

It's cute how Kantbot thinks he's a part of weird twitter and not just another jackass with a pepe avatar that everyone ignores

He's following in the footsteps of Jokeocracy

Still probably smarter than Pax ever was, but that's a very low bar

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

TinTower posted:

Parklife!

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

failing forward posted:

JS&MN is excellent and you are making me very sad.

I actually agree, I think it's one of the few fantasy novels set in that time period that actually analyzes it and the literary conventions of books written then in an interesting way. I don't however think it's the best fantasy book written by an English author in a time period that basically encompasses the entire history of modern fantasy literature.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

"unquestionably the finest English novel of the fantastic written in the last 70 years"

He later clarified that he meant "English" as in the culture and not the language. As in the book is very, very English. And fine at being that, but I can't loving get through the thing.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Edit ^^^
It honestly took me about one hundred pages to get into it. Same with Lord of the Rings. It is a slow start.

I actually agree, I think it's one of the few fantasy novels set in that time period that actually analyzes it and the literary conventions of books written then in an interesting way. I don't however think it's the best fantasy book written by an English author in a time period that basically encompasses the entire history of modern fantasy literature.

:agreed: I really enjoyed all the footnotes.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

It's a pretty good book.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
It is a good book that becomes GREAT in the last 400 pages.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/835414199329239042

The thread is all people getting worked up over one poster.

https://twitter.com/slavojzyzzek/status/834956140962279424
https://twitter.com/slavojzyzzek/status/834956600863567872

Looks like he's un-privated his account with the same dumbass opinions on display again.

E: lol maybe prawgs is real fascisms

https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/835423309688934400

Fututor Magnus has a new favorite as of 04:47 on Feb 27, 2017

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Neologisms and language control are a thing fascists definitely use. Like, for instance, if someone used "prog" as a blanket term to mean everyone from center-left Democrats to Hoxhaists and implied they all believed basically the same things, that would definitely be a pernicious use of language to create an insidious enemy in need of destruction.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

It's like reading posts in a Gang-Stalking forum.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Doc Hawkins posted:

It's like reading posts in a Gang-Stalking forum.

Wonder how long before they convince themselves they're being gang-stalked by progs.

eschaton has a new favorite as of 08:19 on Feb 27, 2017

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

eschaton posted:

Wonder how long before they convince themselves they're being gang-stalked by progs.

Gang-stalked in the butt by organized crime progs

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Fututor Magnus posted:

https://twitter.com/slavojzyzzek/status/834552801158164480

Context: Wesley can't find job because he wasted his life on his blogging career. Apparently his blogging career is evidence enough that he's smart and deserves free money for nothing.

https://twitter.com/slavojzyzzek/status/834555406382927873

https://twitter.com/slavojzyzzek/status/834553958114942977

He's so close to understanding how American hierarchy works and that it doesn't come from the inherent superiority of Anglo values or inherited intelligence, yet his entitlement means that he can't reject the system that he perceives as keeping him down. It's the same as PUAs who try and "hack" a system that they believe denies them sexual validation, instead of just chilling out and having healthy interactions with women. It also seems to be a common thread of fascism, when the reactionaries see the failures of the establishment and try to simply reform the hierarchy in their favor instead of toppling it.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

ate all the Oreos posted:

Gang-stalked in the butt by organized crime progs

Prog my Nrx hole

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

goodog posted:

He's so close to understanding how American hierarchy works and that it doesn't come from the inherent superiority of Anglo values or inherited intelligence, yet his entitlement means that he can't reject the system that he perceives as keeping him down. It's the same as PUAs who try and "hack" a system that they believe denies them sexual validation, instead of just chilling out and having healthy interactions with women. It also seems to be a common thread of fascism, when the reactionaries see the failures of the establishment and try to simply reform the hierarchy in their favor instead of toppling it.

again, it's how neoreaction asks all the right questions and comes up with answers that are 2+2=666.

The logical leap here is actually not unique amongst reactionaries from poor backgrounds. I've noted here previously how Jim Goad, now of Taki's Mag, did this in his magnum opus The Redneck Manifesto (of which Mr Morganston is a huge fan):

1. In America, it's class divisions that make the difference.
2. Poor whites are put down by the rich elites.
3. Therefore there is no such thing as white privilege, racism doesn't real and anyone complaining about racism doesn't real.
4. Therefore GO WHITES!! Poor ones I mean, though the rich ones at Taki's are fine too.

I'm not sure how the gently caress anyone makes the hyperspace jump from 2. to 3., but observably they do.

Oligopsony
May 17, 2007
I think a lot of the dynamic - though less so in times like now, where fascism is closer to being a live possibility and so concrete interests have to be assessed - is that there are three doctrines you see promoted in most capitalist (and other class) societies:

1) Some people are naturally better, more virtuous, smarter, whatever, than others.
1a) You, in particular (if, in this context, you're, say, a white guy who did pretty good in school) are especially good and meritorious
2) The world is meritorious and just; the people on top are the ones who are in fact the smartest, most virtuous, and so on.

(1) can be opposed by other doctrines - in a capitalist society you also have egalitarian doctrines - and not everyone gets exposed to (1a), but for a lot of people, between the fact that (1a) is intrinsically appealing and (2) is a lot more vulnerable to empirical disabuse than (1), you're going to have the embrace of (1) and (1a) without (2). You see the same dynamic in landless nobles two centuries or so ago.

(The same thing applies to the left to an extent as well, but that's mediated through considerations of interest and self-flattery that are a lot more tacit, and commingled with other ends, than the very straightforward "I am an aristocrat of the soul" goofiness you see on the rightist demimonde.)

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

MikeCrotch posted:

Prog my Nrx hole

Redpilled in the butt by a Moldbug

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord
Pounded in the butt by a copy of my 300 page manifesto on the Cathedral

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Hobelhouse posted:

Pounded in the butt by a copy of my 300 page manifesto on the Cathedral

Wow I'm glad Moldbug learned to cut down on the maundering and really be succinct for the published edition of his writings

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Wow I'm glad Moldbug learned to cut down on the maundering and really be succinct for the published edition of his writings

That's just the index.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/slavojzyzzek/status/836728115648999425
https://twitter.com/slavojzyzzek/status/836729113532596225

Wesley can't get a computer touching job, which is due to foreigners and globalism.

https://twitter.com/slavojzyzzek/status/836732170941173760
https://twitter.com/slavojzyzzek/status/836732386725482500

Ah, the problem is black people getting jobs instead of super smarties like him (who should get a job because they claim to have "maxed out" IQ tests as kids)

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Man, whig destroyer is SO CLOSE to an important realization here, but his narcissism and racism won't let him make it.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Like has he never had a real job before at all because his idea of how hiring works is, uh, something

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

"Unskilled non-self-starter looking for unspecified work. Please hire me then train me to do something I'm really smart I promise."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

At least Moldbug could get investors.