Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i could see myself toxxing if the punishment is less than a ban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Of course if you didn't fulfill your end of the bargain it would be a ban

I already have like two toxxes (or perma-toxxes?) from people who say that hilldog will not run again. I am open to counter-toxxes

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I think the minimum "punishment" would be like a 1 day probe or something. I might ramp it up, it's only a probation

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Bernie Forces. I like the sound of that.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
BernShirts

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Bernie's 420th regulars

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
The main problem is that if one of the punishments was "buy somebody an avatar", then who would get the avatar? Or is it scaled by odds, so if I bet that Chris Christie will become GodEmperor and a bunch of people say "lol what", can they bet against me while I bet against them? There was a dude in another subforum that won a ton of steam games from a similar scenario.

I'm probably making it more complicated than it should be

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
roter frontsandersbund

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

Cher 2020?

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

logikv9 posted:

The main problem is that if one of the punishments was "buy somebody an avatar", then who would get the avatar? Or is it scaled by odds, so if I bet that Chris Christie will become GodEmperor and a bunch of people say "lol what", can they bet against me while I bet against them? There was a dude in another subforum that won a ton of steam games from a similar scenario.

I'm probably making it more complicated than it should be
Risking an avatar to win an avatar sounds fair. If you have more people who have to pay out than people winning you can always trade some of the extra avatar money for ACLU/RAINN donations.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Risking an avatar to win an avatar sounds fair. If you have more people who have to pay out than people winning you can always trade some of the extra avatar money for ACLU/RAINN donations.

What happens if nobody takes the bet? But yeah I did plan to funnel some of that money into donations, gotta get something good out of this somehow

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I don't gamble IRL so this is all a mystery to me

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

logikv9 posted:

I don't gamble IRL so this is all a mystery to me

just set an over/under and if people short it they gotta buy an av

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
maybe let people go twinsies but i dunno how that'd work

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
~words~

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

:bernpop:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

logikv9 posted:

What happens if nobody takes the bet? But yeah I did plan to funnel some of that money into donations, gotta get something good out of this somehow

Maybe make it like a lottery? pick random winners from people who made the right bet based on how many losers you have. A real Toxx doesn't have a winner reward anyways, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:omarcomin:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

Because leftists don't rant about "globalists" and "rootless cosmopolitans" and "Rothschilds" and "Soros" (conspiracy-oriented anti-semitic thinking)

Leftists rant about exploitation, superprofits, and unjust economic systems

what about "multinational corporations" and "international elites" and "Koch brothers" and "Sheldon Adelson"?

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Bernie Forces. I like the sound of that.

Alas, I couldn't join the Bernie Forces because of my flat feet and full head of hair.

Did anyone link this yet? 2020 race lures sprawling Democratic field

To wit:

quote:

At least a dozen senators are widely thought to be in the mix — including Vermont’s Bernie Sanders, Massachusetts’ Elizabeth Warren, New Jersey’s Cory Booker, California’s Kamala Harris, Ohio’s Sherrod Brown, Oregon’s Jeff Merkley, New York’s Kirsten Gillibrand, Connecticut’s Chris Murphy, and both Minnesotans, Amy Klobuchar and Al Franken.

A handful of the party’s top contenders will be showcased at this week’s National Governors Association conference in Washington. New York’s Andrew Cuomo is high on the list of expected candidates, Washington’s Jay Inslee has caught operatives’ attention with his strident anti-Trump proclamations in recent months, and both Montana's Steve Bullock and Virginia’s Terry McAuliffe are also surfacing on long-lists. Colorado’s John Hickenlooper pointedly refused to rule out a run just this week, telling CNN, “There’s going to be a lot of things on the table.”

...Martin O’Malley...

The expansive list also takes into account the growing number of wealthy party donors and activists who are considering whether Trump’s victory is evidence that prior political experience is no longer necessary for a viable presidential bid. That slate includes environmentalist hedge fund billionaire Tom Steyer — long expected to mount a gubernatorial bid in California next year — and billionaire Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, who has also refused to shy away from the speculation.

Of that list of mostly bullshit base speculation, I'd want Franken, Sherrod Brown, maybe Harris.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

logikv9 posted:

Of course if you didn't fulfill your end of the bargain it would be a ban

I already have like two toxxes (or perma-toxxes?) from people who say that hilldog will not run again. I am open to counter-toxxes

how is anyone going to remember who toxxed for what when the 2020 presidential campaign honestly begins in ernest

that's like what, 6 months from now.............. thats way too long

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
so how is the DNC chair election going, and i don't want hyperboil or insane ramblings, just straight facts. the trump news make me sick at times but it sounding like dems are double downing on their dumbass and want to kill all the poor white poeple.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Cyron posted:

so how is the DNC chair election going, and i don't want hyperboil or insane ramblings, just straight facts.
I have some bad news for you.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Main Paineframe posted:

what about "multinational corporations" and "international elites" and "Koch brothers" and "Sheldon Adelson"?
We don't rant at "international elites," that sounds like right-wing anti-semitism. Pretty sure the Kochs are domestic home grown Catholics. Multinational corporation is not a coded word for Jews. People rarely actually talk about Adelson even though he sucks. etc. False equivalence

It's very simple, we don't mean "the Jews" when we speak and the right does. Many of them will even tell you so

Fast Luck has issued a correction as of 23:57 on Feb 24, 2017

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Cyron posted:

so how is the DNC chair election going, and i don't want hyperboil or insane ramblings, just straight facts.

Perez is gonna win. Vote the centrists out, hail Santa.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Grey Fox posted:

I have some bad news for you.

i hope trump takes away womans rights for them to pay for the sins of Hillary.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Cyron posted:

so how is the DNC chair election going, and i don't want hyperboil or insane ramblings, just straight facts. the trump news make me sick at times but it sounding like dems are double downing on their dumbass and want to kill all the poor white poeple.

it's proceeding hyperbolically with insane ramblings

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Cyron posted:

:derp:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Cyron posted:

i hope trump takes away womans rights for them to pay for the sins of Hillary.
:yikes:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Cyron posted:

Looks real close between Ellison and Perez.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cyron posted:

Well you have all the standard bad dem tactics of using off the record comments or someone in the past said they saw Ellison building hamas rockets.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

the gently caress is up with your red text?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Cyron posted:

the gently caress is up with your red text?
Someone likes me in The Great Race Space

edit: I just wish they got the comma right

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
There was that fun bit yesterday when Perez admitted Hillary's folks had rigged the primary, then a few hours later someone behind the scenes ordered him to retract that.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Do we not like Donna Brazile?

I liked her speech

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

BONGHITZ posted:

I liked her speech
I prefer winners.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

got any sevens posted:

There was that fun bit yesterday when Perez admitted Hillary's folks had rigged the primary, then a few hours later someone behind the scenes ordered him to retract that.

Tom Perez is totally not a puppet of the establishment!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

BONGHITZ posted:

I liked her speech

Brazile is extremely poo poo and has proclaimed she would have done the election campaign the exact same way if she had a do-over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

BONGHITZ posted:

I liked her speech

Al Gore, Kerry, Clinton. WHAT A RECORD!

• Locked thread