Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The queen is easy as soon as you figure her gimmick out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

Most of the chalices are pretty fun but gently caress the half-health one and gently caress the queen.

You can just chain backstab the queen to death (and I did on accident my first try), it was kind of a wet fart of an ending to the dungeons.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Snak posted:

I changed my mind about chalice dungeons, but I've still not platted it. I even got past defiled Watchdog and amygdala for a second time and still didn't bother finishing.

That's like running the marathon and giving up when the bus picks you up at the end.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Depth 5 root dungeons are great but if you're not going to do them then why tf would you slog all the way through the premades if you don't enjoy them (no an achievement is not a good reason)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

That's like running the marathon and giving up when the bus picks you up at the end.

Yeah I just burn out. I probably would have finished this time except Nioh came out and I switched to that.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Oh and also gently caress those bell ringer guys who summon a million spiders.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Digirat posted:

Depth 5 root dungeons are great but if you're not going to do them then why tf would you slog all the way through the premades if you don't enjoy them (no an achievement is not a good reason)

Hiding good content behind a timewall of bad is not a good design. There was nothing telling me these would get better and I got bored planning them. Reason enough to stop.

Aloofa
Apr 24, 2010
I feel like chalice dungeons are made much more enjoyable by coop. I never understood anyone's complete hatred of them. That being said, they get boring after getting the plat.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Is there a list of non f2p/mmo games that have online play without needing ps+? A la helldivers/journey/payday2

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

haveblue posted:

Oh and also gently caress those bell ringer guys who summon a million spiders.

there's a room in great isz that's even worse than that

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The chalice dungeons would be one million times better if they had background music.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Sentient Data posted:

Did anyone else preorder ffxiv stormblood through psn? The description mentions a free theme along with the rest, but it only gave me the game and an avatar

I would check your email account that's tied to PSN and maybe Mogstation. They might have sent you a code to redeem the theme. I'm excited about the new classes but I don't think I can carve out enough free time to enjoy an MMO and all the other games that I want to play.

Sakurazuka posted:

The queen is easy as soon as you figure her gimmick out.

"Thing is easy once you understand thing." No advice, just a straight up "get good" post.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

LawfulWaffle posted:

"Thing is easy once you understand thing." No advice, just a straight up "get good" post.

The gimmick is to not attack when you hear a baby crying.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Good life advice IMO

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

I don't think assuming basic pattern recognition skills with obvious audio cues is worth this level of response.

It's not like someone to be told not to touch the stove when it's red after it happens to them once.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

LawfulWaffle posted:

Noone specifically asked and I don't like to spoil stuff otherwise :/

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think I used the whirligig on the queen and it just chopped her to bits as it does most things.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

Samurai Sanders posted:

They went completely nuts on advertising. For like six months it was front and center on every Japanese game site I looked at, and on the PSN store itself. It seemed really odd to me for a mid-budget sequel to a launch Vita game.
~Mewton's Third Law~

So, $15 on The Order was about right. I probably got through 80% of it in one night but I had a good time?

Also, now that I'm like level 65 and have done lots of things after finishing FFXV, what is supposed to keep me interested? I kind of want to kill that adamantoise but I feel like if I do I will get a boring item and a boring amount of gil and be bored. Is the season pass content worth buying?

Kind of same deal with MGS:V, but at least I have some annoyingly repetitive missions and side-ops to finish?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Do the subsistence missions in MGSV if you haven't already. They are insanely good and I'd pay good money for more of them but konami suck balls.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I feel like the whole game was supposed to have subsistence missions and challenge stuff and it all got cut when it was rushed out the door. That would also explain why chapter 2 is such a hodge podge.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I remember some pre release stuff talking about the alternative difficulty types and they seemed to imply that they'd be difficulty modifiers for every mission, not just a random assortment that you'd have to replay near the end if you wanted to see the actual ending

they also chose some really lovely missions for the replays as well. my two least favorites were in there and really killed my enthusiasm for getting the plat. only need to collect all the animals and complete all of the optional objectives to do that, but I burned out on both of those and never went back

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

Manatee Cannon posted:

if you wanted to see the actual ending

Pshh FINE

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea I remember some pre release stuff talking about the alternative difficulty types and they seemed to imply that they'd be difficulty modifiers for every mission, not just a random assortment that you'd have to replay near the end if you wanted to see the actual ending

You don't have to play any of the alternate missions to see the real ending

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Do the subsistence missions in MGSV if you haven't already. They are insanely good and I'd pay good money for more of them but konami suck balls.

If you have the PC version, you can use the Infinite Heaven mod to play any mission with Subsistence or Total Stealth.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

You don't have to play any of the alternate missions to see the real ending

don't you need to play missions to unlock the new ones in the epilogue? might as well play those

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm really shocked how technically advanced killzone shadowfall turned out to be and glad they could put all that tech in a game people might actually like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y8u7MvuArA

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Manatee Cannon posted:

don't you need to play missions to unlock the new ones in the epilogue? might as well play those

You can do side-ops

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone who is interested in (or dug the old WindJammers) there is a game on PS4 giving away instant beta codes to DiscJam.

Self-professed WindJammer-lover Jefff Gerstmann approves.

I'm messing with the tutorial now...

https://www.discjamgame.com

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gonna play the beta, but still probably gonna just only get the real windjammers when it comes out.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Real hurthling! posted:

gonna play the beta, but still probably gonna just only get the real windjammers when it comes out.

I mean, sure. I didn't play the original WindJammers, but by Jeff's own admission, he says DiscJam does what Windjammers does right, and then also does some new things that also improve it a lot.

My first online match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KTV8GkBvoQ

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Gotta be honest...that looks like poo poo.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Gotta be honest...that looks like poo poo.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Pong 2017 looking good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

windjammers has a very sharp look with easy to understand perspective for both local players.

disc jam looks muddy and seems not to be designed for local unless the view can change?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Real hurthling! posted:

windjammers has a very sharp look with easy to understand perspective for both local players.

disc jam looks muddy and seems not to be designed for local unless the view can change?

Maybe. I can't really speak to anything about WindJammers yet but this (to me) is fun so far.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

That's the same perspective Virtua Tennis used, and I enjoyed plenty of local multiplayer with it. The balance was that you occasionally traded court position with your opponent.

Man I miss Virtua Tennis.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

How are subsistence missions different than the normal version other than you start with no stuff? I mean, you can choose to start any mission with no stuff if you want.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

i'm really shocked how technically advanced killzone shadowfall turned out to be and glad they could put all that tech in a game people might actually like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y8u7MvuArA

This game really looks loving incredible. It's Naughty Dog but in a giant open world.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

How are subsistence missions different than the normal version other than you start with no stuff? I mean, you can choose to start any mission with no stuff if you want.

You teeeeechnically can't -- you have to take a pistol of some kind in a normal deployment. But yeah with some restraint you can play any mission like it's a subsistence mission. Just take a water pistol I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That quote and this quote define the Internet: