Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
If The Force feels unusually calm and scerene at the moment, it's because the DigitalSpy forums have been read-only since Tuesday. Sometime next week we can all go in unison 'I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices have suddenly posted pent up worthless and banal shite about Eastenders/Corrie/The Voice . I fear something terrible has happened.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Did anything happen to make them set it that way?

gently caress I hate digital spy

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Software/hardware migration.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

Disgusting Coward posted:

You just made the List, friendo.

A phimosis reference? Are you from The Other Place?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jesus christ, Piers Morgan interviewed Farage? Can one building hold that much toxic smugness?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
poor nigel is sad cause the media was mean to him

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
He should get in a glider and crash again, then'll we'll love him.

Crash really loving hard.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Seeing as Trump isn't giving him a job after all and Eddie Hitler's lost his by-election, the People's Nige is probably angling for another go leading the Kippers.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Disgusting Coward posted:

You just made the List, friendo.

Barrowman!!!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I've been watching Dragons' Den! They seem to have stopped doing so much of the silly reaction cam gimmick they introduced last year where a relative or business partner of the person seeking investment sits in a room and has their face filmed for reactions to the proceedings. I think that's a good thing. Also it is quite funny how people are reluctant to accept investment from very creepy absolute tit Touker Suleyman and no other investor wants to work with him on anything. Deborah Meaden in particular who sits beside him no longer hides how pissed off she is with his attempts to make every pitch be about him in some way. I mean it has got quite silly.

This is he getting into a baby's Moses basket and breaking it

Good TV.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Escobarbarian posted:

poor nigel is sad cause the media was mean to him

Which is funny considering the media are being unforgivably kind to him, what with all those unjustified appearances on BBC programmes even though he's no longer a politician, and you know, the proof that he is neck deep in electoral fraud (and Russian influence) during the Leave campaign.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/26/us-billionaire-mercer-helped-back-brexit

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Maelstache posted:

A phimosis reference? Are you from The Other Place?

I was thinking he looks a little blue.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

crispix posted:

I've been watching Dragons' Den! They seem to have stopped doing so much of the silly reaction cam gimmick they introduced last year where a relative or business partner of the person seeking investment sits in a room and has their face filmed for reactions to the proceedings. I think that's a good thing. Also it is quite funny how people are reluctant to accept investment from very creepy absolute tit Touker Suleyman and no other investor wants to work with him on anything. Deborah Meaden in particular who sits beside him no longer hides how pissed off she is with his attempts to make every pitch be about him in some way. I mean it has got quite silly.

This is he getting into a baby's Moses basket and breaking it

Good TV.

I love Dragon's Den but hate the constant reminding of what is going on by that Dobby looking guy.

The Canadian version which I think is called Shark Tank doesn't have it and I find it much more fun to watch. There are a lot of episodes on YouTube to binge through.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Rondette posted:

I love Dragon's Den but hate the constant reminding of what is going on by that Dobby looking guy.

The Canadian version which I think is called Shark Tank doesn't have it and I find it much more fun to watch. There are a lot of episodes on YouTube to binge through.

Yeah that sounds closer to what Dragons' Den used to be at the start. They should also ditch the constant silly music during the pitches imo. I really wish the BBC would leave shows like this alone.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I wouldn't work with that fuckin Turk either tbh. Who's impressed by someone who farms out manufacturing to the third world? He's a twat.

Seems like nobody invests in much now either. Too many snacks and beauty things this season to be interesting.

It also seems like Peter jones is trying to be Simon cowell now too which is a shame.

Would love a pint with big Nick and Sarah though.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I feel a great disturbance in The Force, as if millions of voices have suddenly posted pent up worthless and banal shite about Eastenders/Corrie/The Voice . I fear something terrible has happened.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I'm not watching until everything has aired but Broadchurch S3 feels like a terrible idea. At least it's only 8 episodes.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Which is funny considering the media are being unforgivably kind to him, what with all those unjustified appearances on BBC programmes even though he's no longer a politician, and you know, the proof that he is neck deep in electoral fraud (and Russian influence) during the Leave campaign.

I am reasonably confident that he'll be leading UKIP again before the year is out.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I'm not watching until everything has aired but Broadchurch S3 feels like a terrible idea. At least it's only 8 episodes.

Why does a third series of a detective drama seem like a terrible idea?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Season 2 was terrible, but the reviews of S3E1 are excellent, so I'll give it a try.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Broadchurch S2 wasn't very good, so S3 will either be a complete disaster or a fantastic return to form.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

Because it's been primarily a show about the fallout from a single murder not a detective drama. S1 was as much about the shattered lives of people in the town as whodunnit. S2 was mostly the trial of the murderer and the secondary plot featuring a different crime was awful.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Because it's been primarily a show about the fallout from a single murder not a detective drama. S1 was as much about the shattered lives of people in the town as whodunnit. S2 was mostly the trial of the murderer and the secondary plot featuring a different crime was awful.
Plus "Who raped Haley Cropper?" isn't exactly a great premise for a series, and shoehorning the murdered kid's family back into it seems dumb.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
I'll say it again, I find Broadchurch utterly distracting cos it is partly filmed in my home town and I am too busy looking for my mum and dad's house.

And the house the original family live in belongs to the parents of my :siren:first ever crush:siren: And the church is where I got married.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Rondette posted:

I'll say it again, I find Broadchurch utterly distracting cos it is partly filmed in my home town and I am too busy looking for my mum and dad's house.

And the house the original family live in belongs to the parents of my :siren:first ever crush:siren: And the church is where I got married.

What is the name of the home town? My wife wants to go there.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Well, it'll be the last Broadchurch for a while (ever?), now that Chinball is taking over Doctor Who in 2018.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
edit nm

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 28, 2017

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Pissflaps posted:

Remember series 3 of The Fall?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Can't say I do.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

It's Clevedon, isn't it? Parts of it anyway. Lovely place.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Michael Portillo's railway programme has somehow become my easy listening TV. Having it on in the background makes teatime much more pleasant.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Haven't got round to watching the second part of SS-GB yet, might try tonight. Much like Hitler the first one did nothing wrong, but it didn't quite grab me either.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

Michael Portillo's railway programme has somehow become my easy listening TV. Having it on in the background makes teatime much more pleasant.

Isn't it lovely? Train, nice foreign cities, Portillo wandering around in the loudest clashing clothing since Colin Baker, and a nice calming tone.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

I've struggled with his American series. When he's visiting a small town in Croatia it's quaint and exotic, when he's visiting a small town in the Midwest I remember that I live there and cringe a little watching it all.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pissflaps posted:

Haven't got round to watching the second part of SS-GB yet, might try tonight. Much like Hitler the first one did nothing wrong, but it didn't quite grab me either.

The Man in the High Castle is way more interesting

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ofaloaf posted:

I've struggled with his American series. When he's visiting a small town in Croatia it's quaint and exotic, when he's visiting a small town in the Midwest I remember that I live there and cringe a little watching it all.

Well, you have to remember that it's not entirely meant for you. :shobon:

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Am I the only one who is confused about how a former conservative cabinet member in later life reveals himself to be a likeable TV presenter instead of a nonce

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
No reason he can't be both.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Red Oktober posted:

Season 2 was terrible, but the reviews of S3E1 are excellent, so I'll give it a try.

Reviews of Season 2 episode 1 were pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Mr Beens posted:

Reviews of Season 2 episode 1 were pretty good

Ah. In that case I'll hold off for the minute , there's too much other good stuff on to risk it.